Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no clue nor ideas, but could 'holy' be the key word there?

No, term was just me trying to avoid using profanity, per Brian's recent request. Could just as easily say "a showstopper" or maybe ... "a really big IP." I know nothing about what it could be to offer any subtle clues.

Since we're on the topic of potential video game IP's; back in 2014 I ran into Patrick, one of the creative directors for HHN on Halloween at the Altamonte Springs Hungry Howie's. We talked about horror IP's and I suggested The Last Of Us. He said that's definitely one the team would like to tackle, but it majorly depended on what marketing will let them do and if Naughty Dog is willing to cooperate. With a new game coming out this May, I feel like DOOM would be the choice if we get a video game house. It would easily be a puppet-heavy house for sure!

I'd love to see Bioshock... that could be very cool! Not so scary though.
I'd love a Bioshock: Infinite section... It wouldn't be right for HHN but it would be fun to bump into Booker...

Since we're on the topic of potential video game IP's; back in 2014 I ran into Patrick, one of the creative directors for HHN on Halloween at the Altamonte Springs Hungry Howie's. We talked about horror IP's and I suggested The Last Of Us. He said that's definitely one the team would like to tackle, but it majorly depended on what marketing will let them do and if Naughty Dog is willing to cooperate. With a new game coming out this May, I feel like DOOM would be the choice if we get a video game house. It would easily be a puppet-heavy house for sure!
Plus it could work really well. They already did Alien.

Bates Motel has been super popular as of lately which could easily tie into the classic Hitchcock rumor that's circulated this year!! Hitchcock is relevant, with a new generation of fans as well as the classic horror enthusiast. That would a holy cow for me

Bates Motel has been super popular as of lately which could easily tie into the classic Hitchcock rumor that's circulated this year!! Hitchcock is relevant, with a new generation of fans as well as the classic horror enthusiast. That would a holy cow for me
Just pray to god it is better than Psychopath.

Random Thought (please chime in @BriMan): has there been any kind of correlation btw house announcement list/order and quality? Of course, this is subjective but I think it could be interesting to look into....?

No, term was just me trying to avoid using profanity, per Brian's recent request. Could just as easily say "a showstopper" or maybe ... "a really big IP." I know nothing about what it could be to offer any subtle clues.

Thanks for the added info...after seeing the Exorsist conformation and then reading 'another holy..' I just thought it could be a clever clue.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I don't think we'll be seeing anymore video game houses in a while since the only two ones they did flopped hard. I'd call exorcist, TCM, Halloween and AWIL holy cow IPs. Classics that were joys to make for the team. Maybe holy cow as in profit from the IPs or an insanely detailed world. Take note what legacy said, holy cow doesn't mean good per say

I don't think we'll be seeing anymore video game houses in a while since the only two ones they did flopped hard. I'd call exorcist, TCM, Halloween and AWIL holy cow IPs. Classics that were joys to make for the team. Maybe holy cow as in profit from the IPs or an insanely detailed world. Take note what legacy said, holy cow doesn't mean good per say
HHN has done plenty of movie-based ip houses that have "flopped hard" and it doesn't stop them. I find a flaw in your logic.

HHN has done plenty of movie-based ip houses that have "flopped hard" and it doesn't stop them. I find a flaw in your logic.

If every movie-based IP house flopped and they kept doing them, then there would be a flaw. They did two video-game-based houses, which both flopped, and they don't want to take a third bite from that apple. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: Cole
And I'm not taking any guesses on what the next HOLY COW announcement will be. I already owe BriMan a butterbeer.

Reactions: Brian G.
If every movie-based IP house flopped and they kept doing them, then there would be a flaw. They did two video-game-based houses, which both flopped, and they don't want to take a third bite from that apple. Makes sense to me.
They flopped due too themselves. Not guests.

Silent Hill is arguably more movie than game based and was a merch MONSTER.

I think it's moreso that no video game property fits.

They flipped to do themselves. Not guests.

Silent Hill is arguably more movie than game based and was a merch MONSTER.

I think it's moreso that no video game property fits.

I can get behind that line of reasoning, although I think they could do something cool with Luigi's Mansion...

I got it, it'll be a house themed to Bravo reality television.

Now that, would be a terrifying house. ;)

I can get behind that line of reasoning, although I think they could do something cool with Luigi's Mansion...

If your implying a HHN house..no. Its an video game IP that in a way, is set to satire off of paranormal movies in a way. A permeant attraction for when Nintendo arrives to UO? Maybe, but there is no chance in hell that Luigi's Mansion ever comes to HHN as a house.