Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Kidzone closure will probably not be last minute due to its rumored Early 2016 closure is a given at this point for Nintendo.

That being said, I do think we have one more year at the Studios, with these locations more-or-less

~Shrek 4D (Entrance where it was last year)
~SS21 (Two Houses)
~SS24 (Two Houses)
~Parade Building (Entrance over by Springfield)
~ The Two Tents (Entrance over by Springfield and MIB Exit)
~ Men In Black Overflow (Entrance next to Bill and Ted)

It'd make it nine houses, and would still be good for three scarezones over by Production Central, Hollywood and New York. I do not think we will see Central Park used due to Kidzones closure and most certainly not San Francisco again due to Fast and Furious work going on. That being said, its going to be interesting.

I don't think KidZone construction would affect the Central Park scarezone, even if the entirety of it was walled off.

Could there be a scare zone between Transformers and the Lagoon to make up for the lost ones?

That might not be a bad idea, or maybe more between New York and the lagoon. It'd be a little close to the others, but not the worst scenario for just a year or two.

Two parks.

Is that knowledge, or a guess?

I've been of the camp that it would not be two parks for I feel they need IOA for non-HHN guest but then I thought to myself "I wonder if they would consider a staggered opening?".

I imagine it starts getting busy around 8PM, could they keep IOA open until 8 and then open part of IOA at 9 for HHN? I mean this year HHN was open later more often, could they get away with having part of the event start later? Would it be worth the hassle?

Anyway, that was just my thought on the only way I could see them using two parks and still having a park open until 8 PM for day guest.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Is this actually a possibility? I would love it if it happens, I just won't believe it until I actually see an announcement about it.

I think the big worry is house queueing and entrances/exits. We've lost Disaster, Twister, and possibly any lines that get close to Twister.

I've been of the camp that it would not be two parks for I feel they need IOA for non-HHN guest but then I thought to myself "I wonder if they would consider a staggered opening?".

I imagine it starts getting busy around 8PM, could they keep IOA open until 8 and then open part of IOA at 9 for HHN? I mean this year HHN was open later more often, could they get away with having part of the event start later? Would it be worth the hassle?

Anyway, that was just my thought on the only way I could see them using two parks and still having a park open until 8 PM for day guest.
I never even thought of that. I think they'd have to open both at the same time or else the 4-5 houses at the studios would get bombed with a parks capacity until the doors open to IOA. God that's a nightmare waiting to happen

Could there be a scare zone between Transformers and the Lagoon to make up for the lost ones?

That's where the Chainsaw girls were this year. from Transformers to that Starbucks store by the lagoon. They had no props or music and not even any lighting (that street is pretty dark )

But yeah, with a lot more light, speakers on and a little bit of themeing I can see a scarezone in there working pretty well

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think they will do everything they can to avoid using IOA, but I guess if the options are limited it could happen.

I think it is funny that two years ago people Swore... that Potter would never open at HHN, anyone bringing it up would be called naive or even stupid (not here but on other forums) there was just no way it could ever be possible, no way in hell. it was as likely as having a HHN house open all year round. people were saying JK would Never allow it, Warner Bros. would just NEVER allow it. Uni would have to pay too much to them, they would be losing sooo much money by opening Potter...

then this year happened lol.

If so many things are closing and everything, I am getting kind of hopeful that a 2 park event comes back. It might not happen obviously, but Potter gave me some new hope of a 2 park event. (I Had lost all hope before)

Last edited:
I think it is funny that two years ago people Swore... that Potter would never open at HHN, anyone bringing it up would be called naive or even stupid (not here but on other forums) there was just no way it could ever be possible, no way in hell. it was as likely as having a HHN house open all year round. people were saying JK would Never allow it, Warner Bros. would just NEVER allow it. Uni would have to pay too much to them, they would be losing sooo much money by opening Potter...

then this year happened lol.

If so many things are closing and everything, I am getting kind of hopeful that a 2 park event comes back. It might not happen obviously, but Potter gave me some new hope of a 2 park event. (I Had lost all hope before)

Are you sure the "never happening" was in regards to having the area open during the event - or having a scarezone in the area during the event?

Are you sure the "never happening" was in regards to having the area open during the event - or having a scarezone in the area during the event?

about having the area open.
I know because I was one of the people that really wanted them to open Potter during HHN but i remember people (even on facebook) swearing that the area would never open and that it was a waste of time hoping (I remember some comments about how Universal holds private events inside Diagon during HHN and that it wouldn't make sense to open, just like the comments that J.K. saw how unruly the crowds at HHN were and she said absolutely NO to opening Diagon during HHN)
I don't even mean to sound bitter either, I am just commenting on how I had lost hope on Potter and then they opened it. I was glad Potter opened because people did make me believe it was never going to happen.
so maybe since they are going to need some more space for the next HHN, maybe they even decide to do the whole 2 park thing. maybe it happens, maybe it won't.

If they do have a two park event (which seems possible) I would love to see Islands of Adventure be Eddy's territory and Universal's, Jack's. They could also let you choose your side, kind of like 22 with the factions. You could choose to enter on either side, making the entrance line at the front way smaller. It would also spread out the crowds severely. The only problem would be a bunch of dead zones in between. They could transform both parks into one scarezone, with two themes (Eddy and Jack). If they advertised the event with the biggest street experience in event history, it would sell some tickets. Not to mention the killer commercial that would be made.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
If they do have a two park event (which seems possible) I would love to see Islands of Adventure be Eddy's territory and Universal's, Jack's. They could also let you choose your side, kind of like 22 with the factions. You could choose to enter on either side, making the entrance line at the front way smaller. It would also spread out the crowds severely. The only problem would be a bunch of dead zones in between. They could transform both parks into one scarezone, with two themes (Eddy and Jack). If they advertised the event with the biggest street experience in event history, it would sell some tickets. Not to mention the killer commercial that would be made.

it would top this year, which was already a gigantic year. Add a bunch of popular IPs, Hell... Even Bring Back Walking Dead.
Why the f. not... lol

Do the two parks, Jack Vs Eddie, have a lot of hordes to cover up the dead space.
(Invest more money on costumes than on sets, the clown horde was incredibly popular this year. )
bring half Ips, Half originals, maybe do a best of house.... Have walking dead and have a Show like Jack's show.

that would top the success of this year

I forget if this was discussed before, but lets assume two parks are happening. Where would the houses in IoA be? Would there be any houses in IoA, or just queue lines? Thoughts?

I forget if this was discussed before, but lets assume two parks are happening. Where would the houses in IoA be? Would there be any houses in IoA, or just queue lines? Thoughts?
Most likely JP and carnage warehouse. Honestly the biggest draw for IOA staying open would be the added capacity of another park and it's rides. Especially with kong and the new hulk (the line for that would probably be RRR x2). Other than that though I couldn't see IOA really holding that much space for HHN, let alone half the event