Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they do two parks will they have both parks fully open or pull the each park is half used from 14. 14 used carnage in IOA then the rest in SS and one in disaster. 15 used carnage, discovery center, the jp restaraunt by river adventure drop, posideon and 3 SS.

I wouldn't be surprised we see if it is a two park (if)

IOA:
Stage 22A (one), Stage 20 (one), Discovery Center, Carnage Warehouse
USF: SS24 (two), Tents (Two), Shrek 4D

And if you need a possible rundown on line entrance possibilities on mine, it could go like this;

IOA:
22A (Lost Continent Backstage) {Interferes with walkway to USF North Side (NewYork)}
20 (Seuss Landing Backstage) {Interferes with walkway to USF South Side (ProductionCentral)}
Discovery Center (Near the area of the Trike Encounter plot)
Carnage (Marvel Backstage gate)
USF:
24 (Music Plaza/New York) {Interferes with walkway to IOA (LostContinent)}
Shrek (Transformers exit area)
Tents (Springfield/MIB exit side)

As I said though; it could only be on if they do a two park, but it could feasibly work if they go in that direction, and to have the mazes away from eachother in each park, with the longest way to one being Carnage to the MIB side Tent house. But, I am probably wrong and that they can do it at better locations than what I can think of.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
That could work. It's an exciting year in the way that it'll be a brand new layout no matter what. I hope it's two park just so I can see IOA at night again, seeing my favorite orlando park turn into my favorite theme park event would also be the cherry on top of the cake. That would be a blast

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I don't even care about dead space or the amount of walking or any of that...
Like u said, ioa at night and horror decorated (even only half)
that's the goal.
That's the wish

Reactions: Cole
A little off topic HHN 26, but Code & Cole bring up an interesting point, namely IOA open at nights. The few short glimpses I've had of IOA in the evening is that it's an absolutely stunning beautiful park at that time of day. I'm hoping with the new Kong mega E ticket, refurb of the Hulk, Life With Pets, and another on site hotel (Sapphire), that they start extending the park hours. Attendance is at the level now that they should be able to keep the park open later, besides just peak periods. Skeptics say that people don't stay late enough to keep later park hours, but that will only change when people realize they can stay later because the park stays open. Heck, even our local park, Kennywood, that has one sixth the attendance of IOA, stays open until 10:00 & 11:00,

I'm thinking they could do it in one house so something where the first half of it is Ash in the 1300's fighting the Deadites and then halfway through you go through the time portal and it is present day following the Ash vs Evil Dead story line. That said I don't care as long as Ash is back.
This is almost impossible. The show isn't even allowed to directly reference Army of Darkness (I think because it was distributed by a different studio). It would either be one or the other.

Also, the original plan for 22 WAS another bastardized, two-park layout. Marvel, Toon, JP and Hogsmeade were all cut off with only Islands house being Poseidon. Studios would have had New York, Hollywood, and Production Central open with a house in Disaster and (I believe) Parade.

If a two-park setup is used, no one should expect two whole parks.

I had a hour of IOA at night before they kicked us out last trip and it was glorious. Easily the one of the most beautiful parks in orlando at nighttime, if not the most. Imagining that paired with fog and gore (especially in JP) would be a dream come true for me since 15 was before my time

This is almost impossible. The show isn't even allowed to directly reference Army of Darkness (I think because it was distributed by a different studio). It would either be one or the other.

Also, the original plan for 22 WAS another bastardized, two-park layout. Marvel, Toon, JP and Hogsmeade were all cut off with only Islands house being Poseidon. Studios would have had New York, Hollywood, and Production Central open with a house in Disaster and (I believe) Parade.

If they did a similar layout next year they honestly should just keep it at USF. You're losing rides and a show venue unless it was in Sinbad.

I've mentioned it before, but just adding a walking loop (yellow) around the sound stages will allow for them to open up space for more lines and space out the entrances (pink). You can also add detailed permanent scarezeones into the blue area and a stage show in the purple that will not congest the area. Also having all the houses dump out into the back will make everyone circulate and draw them off the main strip. Here i show 6 possible line coinfigs but you can fit in a 7th if you wanted to.

65erFuX.jpg

I've mentioned it before, but just adding a walking loop (yellow) around the sound stages will allow for them to open up space for more lines and space out the entrances (pink). You can also add detailed permanent scarezeones into the blue area and a stage show in the purple that will not congest the area. Also having all the houses dump out into the back will make everyone circulate and draw them off the main strip. Here i show 6 possible line coinfigs but you can fit in a 7th if you wanted to.

65erFuX.jpg
The problem with that layout is the fact you're cutting off access to Blue Man Group. Even though BMG International (I'm fairly certain) rents that space, blocking off access to theater on HHN, or blocking the HHN walk through for 2 hours a night would be a massive ordeal.

You could just shift it to the breezeway (like 2004), but RRR's tower narrows the Studio-side entrance immensely.

wait, what rides would they open if they did that with IOA?

wait, what rides would they open if they did that with IOA?

if they only used LC and Seuss, it would of been one (if and I mean, IF they had CitH open).

At this point, with Diagon Alley allowed to be open for HHN, it wouldn't of been a shock that if they would go this route of bastardizing the two park, it would only allow Hogsmeade and LC for HHN use, and that's being generous.

Why wouldn't they keep marvel open just to have marvel open? Those rides devour people and even with nothing scary in it, it would make the IOA side a billion times more bearable

Why wouldn't they keep marvel open just to have marvel open? Those rides devour people and even with nothing scary in it, it would make the IOA side a billion times more bearable
Keeping Marvel open but Toon closed creates an awful and confusing dead end that needs to be avoided at all costs.

Reactions: Cole and MrRoamer
if they only used LC and Seuss, it would of been one (if and I mean, IF they had CitH open).

At this point, with Diagon Alley allowed to be open for HHN, it wouldn't of been a shock that if they would go this route of bastardizing the two park, it would only allow Hogsmeade and LC for HHN use, and that's being generous.

no jurassic Park?

^ Yeah, a maze treatment is essentially a full description of the maze experience. What you'll see, what you hear, what kind of characters you'll see etc. It's pretty much a really detailed POV going through the whole thing.

Also, having just gotten back from seeing Krampus (Really fun film, BTW), I'd honestly be dissapointed if they didn't incorperate it in some fashion since it could make for a good creature house.

I saw krampus last night too. It was made to be a puppet driven HHN house. I'm not sure it'll be relevant enough on September 2016 but it would sure be wonderful