Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's predicted on if they do a show featuring her. Fans are basically saying there has to be a show featuring Chance when there actually doesn't. Your implication also seems to be that they wouldn't feature Chance if the actor isn't available when it's completely feasible. The real Chance doesn't have to be at the event at all. She doesn't even have to be in a show featuring her. They could do a Cirque style show with Chance on a screen narrating.

And the argument about a noticeable difference between performers only applies to those with a frame of reference, who are, again, the fans who see the shows multiple times. There can be a difference in energy in performances, but that can happen with the same actor every night.

I'll never get to see Lin-Manuel Miranda as Alexander Hamilton, a role he wrote and created. And he'll win a Tony for it. So I can complain that it's not him in the role when I finally see it, but I still won't have a frame of reference for the caliber of his performance. Someone who watches a HHN show once, similarly, doesn't know the difference. HHN is for THEM, predominantly. The fans who watch the shows multiple times are just cherry.
I think maybe you just don't have a good understanding of how the creative process works. When they are putting these events together they look at all the assets they have and how they can best tell their story. To have the actor available and use her as the ICON of the event and not allow her to have a presence in the park would be a monumental mistake. The use of an icon isn't just a marketing ploy, it's really more fan service than anything else. As you said large portions of the general public don't even get it anyway. Those fans are going to want to see Chance plain and simple. The outcome of not having her in the event would only disappoint the fans and meanwhile those who don't care would't have cared that she was the icon anyways. I have complete faith in Mike Aiello's creative ability in this regard. There is absolutely no way they would simply use her for the face of the event and leave it as just that. I honestly don't even know why this is being discussed, the idea that she wouldn't be there is just absolutely absurd.

I think maybe you just don't have a good understanding of how the creative process works. When they are putting these events together they look at all the assets they have and how they can best tell their story. To have the actor available and use her as the ICON of the event and not allow her to have a presence in the park would be a monumental mistake. The use of an icon isn't just a marketing ploy, it's really more fan service than anything else. As you said large portions of the general public don't even get it anyway. Those fans are going to want to see Chance plain and simple. The outcome of not having her in the event would only disappoint the fans and meanwhile those who don't care would't have cared that she was the icon anyways. I have complete faith in Mike Aiello's creative ability in this regard. There is absolutely no way they would simply use her for the face of the event and leave it as just that. I honestly don't even know why this is being discussed, the idea that she wouldn't be there is just absolutely absurd.

If there isn't a show, then she isn't going to be there. If there's a show, then she'll be there. We just have to wait and see.

I think Legacy is right insomuch that they can use her just for the marketing if she isn't available over the event dates and leave it at that. We're excited that her character is getting to be center stage and that it feeds the mythos of the event. If she is available for the event dates, then I'm absolutely sure they want her to do the show. I think they want her to be the character and do what she can, but they're willing to split the difference if need be to keep her as Chance.

Reactions: ReelJustice
My sarcasm went right over your head. And your reply make it all the more humorous lol
Well I'm not going to argue this point anymore. This is just silly. Common sense says she's going to be there. If people want to believe she isn't that's fine. I don't need to have inside knowledge to know she's going to be present in the event.

Reactions: Cole
Last comment on this subject. First, I might have a better understanding of the creative process surrounding this event than you'd expect. But, I'm also a cynic and a realist. You say Chance has to have a presence during the event. And she will. She has a house (where other people will play her) and a zone (where it's likely other people will play her). But that can be the extent of her presence, and it wouldn't require the actress. That's the whole point. Erin is not the only possible person to portray Chance, and it's entirely conceivable they designed an event featuring her where she isn't actually there. To say otherwise dismisses the talent of everyone else involved.

Reactions: graspthesun
This argument is so dumb. If there is going to be a headlining show and the advertising stars an actor who is known for playing the character in the park, then the actor is most likely going to be playing the character in the headlining show inside the park. It's as simple as that. Yes people other than her will play the character in the house and possibly streets (still too soon to think about this as we've heard nothing on it), she can't clone herself. Let's move on plz

Reactions: s8film40
long time lurker...headed back to HHN at the end of September...

Late to the game, but, what if Chance was the theme for Bill and Ted this year? She's the director of their show this year. Starts with a video of her directing puppets, or cardboard cutouts, or fruit from her lunch tray, and then the show starts and just goes off the rails.

And of her house is in the tent behind MIB, could her scarezone be in a new location between MIB and Bill and Ted's show? Would tie all that together. Maybe.

Reactions: Brian G.

Late to the game, but, what if Chance was the theme for Bill and Ted this year? She's the director of their show this year. Starts with a video of her directing puppets, or cardboard cutouts, or fruit from her lunch tray, and then the show starts and just goes off the rails.

And of her house is in the tent behind MIB, could her scarezone be in a new location between MIB and Bill and Ted's show? Would tie all that together. Maybe.

I'll be very surprised if Chance's house isn't in the Shrek theater

Reactions: Cole and SeventyOne

I would be okay with this! The down side to her playing Chance is she's not in B&T, this would be the best of both worlds.

That being said I would be shocked if they did it.

I may have just missed this discussion, but do we know why we're only getting concept art of Chance in her new outfit? Perhaps the costume wasn't ready by the marketing deadline? Just seems odd to put out so many press images without actual photographs, though they did have time to shoot the teaser... Hm.

This argument is so dumb. If there is going to be a headlining show and the advertising stars an actor who is known for playing the character in the park, then the actor is most likely going to be playing the character in the headlining show inside the park. It's as simple as that. Yes people other than her will play the character in the house and possibly streets (still too soon to think about this as we've heard nothing on it), she can't clone herself. Let's move on plz

But that's the thing. We haven't seen any indication in the press releases or chatter so far to believe that there will be a headlining show.

But that's the thing. We haven't seen any indication in the press releases or chatter so far to believe that there will be a headlining show.
It's interesting as I said before that they haven't officially announced anything about the house or scare zone even though they have essentially announced them. I think there's a lot more details to come obviously. They've referred to shows in the plural so there's no doubt there will be a second show, the question is what will it be?

It's interesting as I said before that they haven't officially announced anything about the house or scare zone even though they have essentially announced them. I think there's a lot more details to come obviously. They've referred to shows in the plural so there's no doubt there will be a second show, the question is what will it be?

That is indeed the question. But let's not jump the gun to headliner show when there are literally dozens of other possibilities.

Reactions: SeventyOne
That is indeed the question. But let's not jump the gun to headliner show when there are literally dozens of other possibilities.
Yeah there are definitely several mini shows that take place in the scare zones in addition to whatever the big second show is, so there are many possibilities.

I may have just missed this discussion, but do we know why we're only getting concept art of Chance in her new outfit? Perhaps the costume wasn't ready by the marketing deadline? Just seems odd to put out so many press images without actual photographs, though they did have time to shoot the teaser... Hm.

I am really confused. They haven't shown any concept art of her. Every picture you have seen on the blog and the website are the new outfits. She has two this year. One is the straight jacket looking one that we haven't seen much of with the makeup around her eyes being red that we will see inside the house. The other is her more "circus" style outfit with the black leather, greenish/blue and red features which will be featured in the streets and possibly in a show if we get one. Also, her tattoo on her arm. These are physical outfits that she wore to take the press photos. They didn't just photoshop her face onto concept art drawings.

Reactions: Freddyglove