Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Had a MUCH better walk-through of The Fallen tonight. Went through at roughly the same time as Friday, this time I went with a group of people which may have made a slight difference, but I did keep my distance from them in the house. I came out today thinking "holy crap, that was awesome" because I got so many scares, but my friend was like me yesterday and basically said "It looked cool, but there were no scares". Very hit or miss house.

Is it down to a timing thing with no scares ?
It's the luck of the draw really. Timing is everything in that house though... sometimes you won't even see them flying if you walk by too fast. On that topic, can I just say how inferior the "flying" effect works as a scare in this house compared to Gothic?

It's the luck of the draw really. Timing is everything in that house though... sometimes you won't even see them flying if you walk by too fast. On that topic, can I just say how inferior the "flying" effect works as a scare in this house compared to Gothic?
That makes me sad because the one in gothic made one of he best scares to my friend I've witnessed in all 9 years I've gone to the event. Was hoping Fallen would bring back that magic of the flying scare.

Can someone post a markup of an arial image that shows how the tent queue lines work this year? Its my understanding that they both enter/exit by MIB. Also, how has the parade building queue/exit been reworked? I love the details of how the event operates and am having a hard time figuring this one out. Thanks!

I wonder if this is a test for next year or if Kid Zone will actually close before the end of HHN.

I haven't been yet, but I don't believe the Sprung 2 entrance/exit has changed. Sprung 1 and Parade building queues have changed, though. I'm sure someone else can show/explain the new setup.

Parade building enters through ET's queue and runs alongside the backstage road along ET and down to the parade building. Exit comes back the same way, down the backstage road and into ET's queue.

Tent 1 enters in the old exit for the sprung tents. Goes down the road, just to the edge of the parade building and comes back into new switchbacks. It exits merges with Tent 2's exit and comes out the entrance to Tent 2. Tent 2's queue is exactly the same.

Can someone post a markup of an arial image that shows how the tent queue lines work this year? Its my understanding that they both enter/exit by MIB. Also, how has the parade building queue/exit been reworked? I love the details of how the event operates and am having a hard time figuring this one out. Thanks!

I wonder if this is a test for next year or if Kid Zone will actually close before the end of HHN.
Here's some highlights of the changes. Scarecrow enters and exits near MIB, another change is the queue goes down the road as normal then has switchbacks behind the Sprung out into that yard.

Parade building enters and exits through the E.T. outdoor queue, then goes straight to the road behind and down to the parade building. Exits back the same way.

Can we stop calling Scare Zones by that name? Can we just call them what they are - Show Zones and Selfie Zones. This has been a major trend for the past 3-4 years and this year seems to be the worst so far. I know its only one night but the vibe is there.

Based on every walk around from opening night there were no scares taking place, just mini shows and pictures. I miss the days of dense fog in the streets and getting anxious walking around the park not knowing what would happen around the corner or who was mixed into the crowd. Now its just streetmosphere, good streetmosphere, but its just not 'scary'. The mini shows are nice if you catch them but they aren't scary. The scare zones have become more like living art. I would almost rather they setup these mini shows in the house queues instead of the streets. At least then we would have entertainment in the long lines and more people would see the hard work everyone has put into the experiences.

Not trying to be negative, just trying to say that scare zones are no longer scary. They have become a different type of entertainment that I wish they would utilize differently and go back to a more scary vibe throughout the park.

I respect what you are saying, but times change (this is all my opinion). I imagine that the size of the event makes the zones a security risk. How many scareactors had to quit the year they had the back n white zone that flipped to color?

I did not see the zones of old, but I do not think I really scare at anything, I do get startled, but I feel that is surprise over anything 'scary'.

I've always appreciated the sets in the houses and that is what I go to see. I do not think it is wrong of UNI to give the people what they want and with phones being cameras today, I think customers (some) are more into capturing themselves at places than they are about enjoying the event, but ever year, it seems to me that UoR keeps drawing folks in for this event.

Anyhow, their park is a stage during this event...to me, the smoke, the fire, the soundtrack...it is all one massive show and I've enjoyed the dance in the streets a whole heck of a lot more than when they had no zones or when they turned everything into a zombie zone with only one soundtrack playing everywhere...

AHS queue is the biggest WTF. After switchbacks, etc. the express line merges in and then there are 4 more switchback lines inside the soundstage before you get to the actual house entrance.

AHS queue is the biggest WTF. After switchbacks, etc. the express line merges in and then there are 4 more switchback lines inside the soundstage before you get to the actual house entrance.
I agree completely. It's like "yay the house is just a doorway away" but then "wtf, there's more line???"
Is there something physically different with the queue compared to prior years in that location, or is it just a pacing issue?
Compared to last year, technically yes because Fallon construction forced two houses to queue/start at the amphitheater lawn.

Had a MUCH better walk-through of The Fallen tonight. Went through at roughly the same time as Friday, this time I went with a group of people which may have made a slight difference, but I did keep my distance from them in the house. I came out today thinking "holy crap, that was awesome" because I got so many scares, but my friend was like me yesterday and basically said "It looked cool, but there were no scares". Very hit or miss house.

Timing is always a big issue, but this year, it's make-or-break for Fallen and Shining, which seem to reload gags more slowly. Both are very good if you hit the scares, somewhat boring otherwise.

Timing is always a big issue, but this year, it's make-or-break for Fallen and Shining, which seem to reload gags more slowly. Both are very good if you hit the scares, somewhat boring otherwise.

I feel like one year, I never did get a good run at (was it called 'run'?) one maze, maybe last Disaster queue? I think it was somewhat based off an Arnold/Richard Dawson movie/game show type concept.

I feel like one year, I never did get a good run at (was it called 'run'?) one maze, maybe last Disaster queue? I think it was somewhat based off an Arnold/Richard Dawson movie/game show type concept.

Run: Blood, Sweat, and Fears at HHN25. It's possible a good "run" of that house didn't exist.