Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 335 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Netflix has some time to develop. Season 2 maze of Stranger Things will most likely come next year, with Season 3 after that. (The new TWD, but better obviously) So, HHN 29/30 could have Stranger Things while HHN 31 could house a new Netflix series or film that has become popular.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
While I agree a HoN could work, I think Blum still has enough properties for one or maybe two more houses. Creep, The Visit, Hush, Split, Paranormal Activity, the third act of Get Out, and possibly oculus or Ouija could all work as sections of a HoB.

if that was really the case, they would have not repeated the Purge again and the house this year would have had 3 properties instead of just 2,
any of those movies could have been used this year instead of purge.

the fact that the house just have two movies this time around should tell you everything.
Also everyone already has pointed out how Get Out will never be a house and how Paranormal activity and split will never work,

With Jason Blum being a fan of HHN there's no doubt he will continue wanting his films to be shown. They can take a break a year or 2, but Blumhouse will be around unto their movies start dropping in popularity.

Also, Sinister can receive it's own house if it wanted too. You don't need to always have a mashup house.

No, Sam from Trick r treat?

I’m not going to the event, I just want to know if I can buy one

you win them by playing the games, Im not sure if they just sell them, maybe they do
(But you can buy them from ebay or amazon too )

41F6tIo0UML._SY355_.jpg

With Jason Blum being a fan of HHN there's no doubt he will continue wanting his films to be shown. They can take a break a year or 2, but Blumhouse will be around unto their movies start dropping in popularity.

Also, Sinister can receive it's own house if it wanted too. You don't need to always have a mashup house.

I know you are right and that makes sense, but the houses for both coasts this year are ridiculous in that regard.

Because instead of getting what both coasts got, they could have chosen better movies. no one in Hollywood seems happy to get what they got, and in Orlando people aren't too happy either.

So as much as he might love HHN, this year is definitely weird with the amount of movies he has

I know you are right and that makes sense, but the houses for both coasts this year are ridiculous in that regard.

Because instead of getting what both coasts got, they could have chosen better movies. no one in Hollywood seems happy to get what they got, and in Orlando people aren't too happy either.

So as much as he might love HHN, this year is definitely weird with the amount of movies he has

People in Orlando were't happy last year either, and the house ended up being one of the best at the event.

IP houses are directed to the general audience, not the hard core HHN fans. When people hear Purge, Happy Death Day, it makes them interested in the event. This is a corporate mandated house, Creative has to work with what they are given. Uni knows that HHN fans are interested in the event no matter what houses there are.

IP houses are directed to the general audience, not the hard core HHN fans. When people hear Purge, Happy Death Day, it makes them interested in the event. This is a corporate mandated house, Creative has to work with what they are given. Uni knows that HHN fans are interested in the event no matter what houses there are.

Gonna be honest, if we had to have HDD I would've rather it been a zone--it could've gone in place of Harvest, stages could've had the different deaths in the movie with lights alternating to highlight each stage on a rotating pattern, an alarm clock projected on the walls, and the street going black every so often to simulate a death, and then the projected alarm clock starting back up and a new stage being highlighted. Besides, it would actually appear in name and not under the less-recognizable "Horrors of Blumhouse" banner. So win-win.

What I find curious is that H4 was a late addition, which means HoB2 was chosen beforehand. This is strange considering H4 is getting billing on advertisements.

I must be one of the only ones who cares more about the quality of the sets, scareactors etc rather than the actual intellectual property the house is based on. I hadn’t seen any blumhouse movies apart from one of the purge films and that house was awesome last year.

Don’t get me wrong I love stepping into a world that I’ve seen in TV/Movies but the quality of the cast and set design is way more important to me.

Reactions: DannyPowers
People in Orlando were't happy last year either, and the house ended up being one of the best at the event.

but it still makes you wonder why this house only has two movies. and why we get a purge repeat, I know the movie just came out, but it is still a repeat which starts to become stale

why not add a third movie then?

why not add a third movie then?

TBH, they probably wanted to limit the number of properties in the house. That way they could focus on just the two, and potentially improve the experience of both, rather than jamming a third one in and giving them all short shrift.

Also, from rumors early in the season, this was actually just Happy Death Day. Purge was added later on for unknown reasons.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
TBH, they probably wanted to limit the number of properties in the house. That way they could focus on just the two, and potentially improve the experience of both, rather than jamming a third one in and giving them all short shrift.

Also, from rumors early in the season, this was actually just Happy Death Day. Purge was added later on for unknown reasons.

My theory is that it was added when H4 was added, so to "spread the butter" for 10 houses.

if that was really the case, they would have not repeated the Purge again and the house this year would have had 3 properties instead of just 2,
any of those movies could have been used this year instead of purge.

the fact that the house just have two movies this time around should tell you everything.
Also everyone already has pointed out how Get Out will never be a house and how Paranormal activity and split will never work,
What I'm thinking about this year's low Ip count is that A&D really wanted to use HDD solo due to the design potential, but they were forced to include TFP for cross-promotion.

One thing is clear, however. While this year's HoB IPs are all about cross-promotion, they don't have to be. Look at the first HoB, the lineup was Insidious (Cross-promotion with the new film), The Purge (Cross-promotion with the hugely popular IP in general), and...Sinister? Where is the money in Sinister? It wasn't the biggest movie when It came out, and it hadn't had a film in two years with no plans for another sequel. And then you realize, that Purge was only in there because management was afraid of Hasbro backlash. Ouija is another oddball, while it had a recent sequel, it has no plans for another. So this first house confirms properties don't have to have planned franchises.

Then you look at Hollywood's lineup this year. Truth or Dare makes sense, cross promotion with the recent sucessful film, and a possible sequel in the works(?) But...Unfriended. A film that released 3 years ago and made the least money out of all HoB franchises. There was a recent sequel, which might explain its inclusion, but it's still a weird one.

Using this information, let's look at commonly suggested properties I've seen on this forum.

I think Oculus won't happen due to the relatively low box office return, 5 year gap from next year, and no planned sequel.

The Visit made bank, which may balance out the fact it'll be four years old at the time of HHN 29. Probably won't happen due to how long it's been.

Ouija made even more bank, and had a successful sequel, so I could see it returning if a third film is released and management gets the OK from Hasbro.

Get Out and Split are both no-brainers. Both critically acclaimed, box office hits, with Get Out spawning a new must-have director, and Split spawning a franchise. I don't think either has enough material for a full house, but would make fantastic 2-5 room sections.

Paranormal Activity is one of the biggest horror franchises of the 21st century. It doesn't matter how hard to translate it would be, if Unfriended can work as a HoB section, so can this juggernaut.

Both Hush and Creep are oddballs due to never being released in theaters, although Creep feels much more likely. Hush seems to have an audience off of its Netflix views, but nowhere near as much as Creep. Creep also is currently in the middle of a trilogy, with the most recent film releasing in 2017. It's impossible to exactly tell how successful each film has been, but I personally don't see Hush coming but more likely Creep near the third film's release.

• Get Out
  • Split
  • Paranormal Activity
  • Ouija
  • Creep
Along with any other topical Blumhouse releases.

I think that's enough for 2-3 more HoB before they have to only use recent IPs. As for H2018, I think it warrants a full house, but could definitely work in a duo HoB.

The Gallows has a sequel coming out soon, too.
The Belko Experiment was Corporate Nightmare at BGT HOS and could be done well by HHN.

Or....

Horror’s of Blumhouse 2019: Halloween

Last edited:
Both casts hung out together all the time, too. You could tell there was a lot of love shared between the two.

Last year I watched AoV perform with the entire Bill and Ted cast standing off to the left of the stage. They pushed out some of the barricades so they could not be reach by the public (and of course were out of character) and just danced and jumped around for the whole show. At the end of the show, some of the AoV members jumped off the stage and hugged them before they all went backstage. They seemed really close. Saw AoV at Bill and Ted's multiple times. I have a feeling a lot of the Bill and Ted cast members will be in the audience for AoV multiple times this year.

Reactions: JoeCamel