Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 333 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm a bit lost - characters from other IPs (including Universal's homegrown icon stuff) are going to be showing up in the Stranger Things Upside Down sequence...?
2tYt6V9.gif

Quite a few opportunities for werewolves this year. Gotta say I have a little anxiety because those are about the only thing I have a fear of. Anything can be scary at HHN but walking in to AWiL was the first time I almost felt i could hyperventilate. It's so ridiculous but it's true lol. Oh well I wanted to be scared I suppose.

Quite a few opportunities for werewolves this year. Gotta say I have a little anxiety because those are about the only thing I have a fear of. Anything can be scary at HHN but walking in to AWiL was the first time I almost felt i could hyperventilate. It's so ridiculous but it's true lol. Oh well I wanted to be scared I suppose.
There's only 2 houses with werewolves in it, trick r treat and scary tales 4. So don't worry

I think they only have three wolf puppets (could make more and "borrow" the one from Hollywood Makeup) so it should be a couple not everywhere. AWiL 1 and 2 were my favorite houses so far.

I think they only have three wolf puppets (could make more and "borrow" the one from Hollywood Makeup) so it should be a couple not everywhere. AWiL 1 and 2 were my favorite houses so far.
laughing-hysterically-gif-2.gif

That costume (not a puppet) looks more like a Beauty and the Beast mascot than anything remotely scary.

Oh...sorry then. Still though, that animatronic would be used for a transformation scene, and while that might work in TrT, I don’t really see them using it.
I still want it in a house. Give me wolves and bears (furry stuff) and I am happy. After the hold I am pretty happy in any case.

ETA; Oh, spine rip, bone chandelier etc - props that you see year after year, it gives me a smile to see them. I can do without the bus though...

I still want it in a house. Give me wolves and bears (furry stuff) and I am happy. After the hold I am pretty happy in any case.

ETA; Oh, spine rip, bone chandelier etc - props that you see year after year, it gives me a smile to see them. I can do without the bus though...
this will be like seeing old 80s stuff when you see the reused stuff, just a rush of nostalgia from before.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Have you seen Stranger Things? This is a direct reference to it.

thats kind of a stretch since a lot of people were making GET OUT jokes on fb and asking if she went to the sunken place
as well as a few people wondering about get out in the blumhouse house house

I think Legacy will probably know the answer to this: how many Poltergeist and Michael Myers appearances will there be in the uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩ part of the Stranger Things house? Those are now my most anticipated scenes!

i just hope chance is there too :creep:

Reactions: JoeCamel
thats kind of a stretch since a lot of people were making GET OUT jokes on fb and asking if she went to the sunken place
as well as a few people wondering about get out in the blumhouse house house
I think your explanation is much more of a stretch given that the environment seen in the commercial is literally in a ton of scenes in StrTh. While it’s fun to jest, the Sunken Place has no water and you would float around in it from what I remember. Different black voids.
I just hope they decorate the gates like in the commercial:)
I’m 90% sure that’s hollywood’s gate edited to say “Universal Florida” and to have palm trees in the background.

(EDIT: The sign is edited but the Palm Trees are in both coast's videos)

Last edited:
Seems like Netflix and Universal have a strong partnership considering that the commercial pretty much just used the Stranger Things theme and commercials in the past haven't really used soundtracks from IPs.

Reactions: RevFreako
Seems like Netflix and Universal have a strong partnership considering that the commercial pretty much just used the Stranger Things theme and commercials in the past haven't really used soundtracks from IPs.

I mean, If I was Netflix I would be bending over backwards to help Universal in whatever way possible. This is their one and only IP that they can turn into a house and the marketing speaks for itself. Not only is Universal promoting their event, Netflix is getting paid to have their logo and one of their biggest IP's everywhere! I honestly wouldn't be surprised if somebody from Netflix is at the exit handing out free week or month trials to Netflix. This isn't something like Blumhouse where it's just a movie production company. Netflix, in terms of daily viewership, is WAY ahead of anything Blumhouse could every dream of reaching. The fact that Universal is paying Netflix to promote their company (something that would normally cost Netflix millions of dollars) makes me think Netflix gave them access to whatever they wanted. Heck, if this house is well received and Netflix see's an increase in subscribers or people watching Stranger Things, it wouldn't surprise me if they come out with another massive Horror IP to keep the partnership going.

I mean, If I was Netflix I would be bending over backwards to help Universal in whatever way possible. This is their one and only IP that they can turn into a house and the marketing speaks for itself.
Let's not sell Netflix short...

Hemlock Grove
Little Evil
The Babysitter
Black Mirror
Extinction
Before I Wake
The Ritual
Dark
The Open House
The Titan
Cargo