Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 334 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Let's not sell Netflix short...

Hemlock Grove
Little Evil
The Babysitter
Black Mirror
Extinction
Before I Wake
The Ritual
Dark
The Open House
The Titan
Cargo
Slasher

We can keep going...

I've thought that The Babysitter could work well since I saw it! It's contemporary, sure, and it's pretty campy, but I think it could be pretty fun!

Hemlock Grove
Little Evil
The Babysitter
Black Mirror
Extinction
Before I Wake
The Ritual
Dark
The Open House
The Titan
Cargo
Slasher

We can keep going...

True, but none of them really took off besides Black Mirror. I remember when Stranger Things came out, my whole twitter feed was flooded with people commenting about the show, websites like Yahoo and IGN were running multiple articles about it, even co-workers that I didn't even know had Netflix were talking about. None of the other shows, besides Black Mirror, really got people talking. When the trailer for season 2 came out during the super bowl, social media EXPLODED!

Netflix and Universal are going to want to use shows that draw in people. Things that get people talking. Both season's trailers are around the 20 million views on Youtube mark. Most of the ones on your list are not even close to 4 million. Some of the movies you listed I have never even heard of. I just can't see a Hemlock Grove house announcement being met with big excitement, much less being the focus of the marketing to draw in the crowds. It would turn into another "Ash vs the Evil Dead" which was pretty much walk right in with zero wait every single night I went last year. It just wasn't as well known as something like Stranger Things is.

Hemlock Grove
Little Evil
The Babysitter
Black Mirror
Extinction
Before I Wake
The Ritual
Dark
The Open House
The Titan
Cargo
Slasher

We can keep going...

Come on, though. Exactly one of those has the pop cultural weight to justify the spend for the IP - Black Mirror - which barely lends itself to a maze. Its terrors are more cerebral, societal, and existential... with few exceptions, they just don't translate to conga line scares.

Ritual and Before I Wake are good horror movies but can't sustain a full maze; they also weren't especially popular. Hemlock Grove gained some traction but was also one of the first high-profile cancellations. The Babysitter is probably the next closest, but it still feels like we're scraping the bottom of a barrel.

Come on, though. Exactly one of those has the pop cultural weight to justify the spend for the IP - Black Mirror - which barely lends itself to a maze. Its terrors are more cerebral, societal, and existential... with few exceptions, they just don't translate to conga line scares.

Ritual and Before I Wake are good horror movies but can't sustain a full maze; they also weren't especially popular. Hemlock Grove gained some traction but was also one of the first high-profile cancellations. The Babysitter is probably the next closest, but it still feels like we're scraping the bottom of a barrel.

Black Mirror could probably sustain a house in the MiB Tent. Between the AR episode, the finale of San Juniperro, and the one with Jon Hamm you could fill up a mid size maze. Would definitely need an Exorcist treatment though

The smaller properties + Black Mirror sounds like a pretty great “Horrors of Netflix”.

(btw next post is #6666 so make it count)

I mean HHN has done houses on lesser properties before, I remember that Dracula Untold house where half of it was based on something cut from the movie.

I mean HHN has done houses on lesser properties before, I remember that Dracula Untold house where half of it was based on something cut from the movie.

Apples and oranges. Dracula Untold was a corporate-mandated synergy tie-in to a blockbuster film meant to launch a new franchise/cinematic universe. There was an obligation to support that IP that doesn't exist with Netflix's C or D list properties.

Before Bill and Ted’s final performance, AoV were in the audience and received a standing ovation from the crowd. I wouldn’t be surprised if they pay respect to Bill and Ted in some way.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Before Bill and Ted’s final performance, AoV were in the audience and received a standing ovation from the crowd. I wouldn’t be surprised if they pay respect to Bill and Ted in some way.
Both casts hung out together all the time, too. You could tell there was a lot of love shared between the two.

Reactions: JoeCamel
that could be so amazing. specially since Blumhouse already ran out of properties for HHN. i would fully welcome the horrors of netflix with open arms
While I agree a HoN could work, I think Blum still has enough properties for one or maybe two more houses. Creep, The Visit, Hush, Split, Paranormal Activity, the third act of Get Out, and possibly oculus or Ouija could all work as sections of a HoB.

Apples and oranges. Dracula Untold was a corporate-mandated synergy tie-in to a blockbuster film meant to launch a new franchise/cinematic universe. There was an obligation to support that IP that doesn't exist with Netflix's C or D list properties.
True. It’s not like we’re using decades old, B-level indie films that the general public likely never heard of until the announcement.

Who’s excited for Killer Klowns?