Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^It's just been such an under-utilized house franchise. YOU HAVE ALL OF HISTORY THERE FOR YOU AND YOU DO NOTHING WITH IT. I would have much preferred an NG house with say, the Revolutionary War instead of the Fallen.

Agreed. If I remember right they’ve designed Nightengales sequels before, but none have ever come into fruition.

^Ditto with Bloodengutz assuming that actor is back with Universal. I've brought up this idea before, but a house of him being sent to Hellgate Prison and running a Universal Classic monster special, torturing guards to the style of the classic monsters, would be sweet. Even better if they were to find a more "80s" subject matter--the first house took place in the '70s I think, so a sequel would likely take place in the '80s. Give me that and a new NG house ("Nightingales: The Meltdown"), and I'll be happy. :)

Last edited:
Agreed. If I remember right they’ve designed Nightengales sequels before, but none have ever come into fruition.

^Ditto with Bloodengutz assuming that actor is back with Universal. I've brought up this idea before, but a house of him being sent to Hellgate Prison and running a Universal Classic monster special, torturing guards to the style of the classic monsters, would be sweet. Even better if they were to find a more "80s" subject matter--the first house took place in the '70s I think, so a sequel would likely take place in the '80s. Give me that and a new NG house ("Nightingales: The Meltdown"), and I'll be happy. :)
A nuclear warfare version of Nightingales is genius...I would actually love to see them go that route, even with a completely new concept

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
i would honestly like to see nightingales mashed up with the war of the living dead scarezone in 2009

^^Could work as either a house or zone, TBH.

Another possibility would be a house that goes through a (fictional) classic arcade game, in the manner of In-Between.

Featuring the Real Housewives of Hell, Silent Hill Shore, Death and the City, and many more
Chomped (cannibal cooking show)
Big Loser (human dismemberment)
Survive-Horror (vengeful jungle spirits)
That Voice (banshee singing competition)
Fear Factor (bugs coffin)
Unreal World (zombie-infested house)
Bad Batchelor (man-eating rose garden)
Watchful Eye (dystopian, heavily surveillanced house a la Big Brother)
Scared Stiff ("Scared Straight" at Hellgate finale)

I've thought about this a lot.

Chomped (cannibal cooking show)
Big Loser (human dismemberment)
Survive-Horror (vengeful jungle spirits)
That Voice (banshee singing competition)
Fear Factor (bugs coffin)
Unreal World (zombie-infested house)
Bad Batchelor (man-eating rose garden)
Watchful Eye (dystopian, heavily surveillanced house a la Big Brother)
Scared Stiff ("Scared Straight" at Hellgate finale)

I've thought about this a lot.

Tbh that actually seems like a good follow up to the original. Throw that in the Parade Building or MiB Tent and it’s a perfect sized house. Not sure if you would know this or not, but if there has been a Nightengales sequel planned at some point what ideas did they have? Thinking about how it was supposed to be a franchise house is so disappointing considering how good it wasn’t yet we have no sequels

^^If they're trying to fit with the theme of the '80s, maaaay be out of place--but totally worth it. I love your idea.

Also, how would they be able to make a path to the new parade building?

Not sure if you would know this or not, but if there has been a Nightengales sequel planned at some point what ideas did they have? Thinking about how it was supposed to be a franchise house is so disappointing considering how good it wasn’t yet we have no sequels
Don't know. Don't care. Hope it never comes back.

^^Again, didn’t that actor leave? I would be giddy over an HR Bloodengutz sequel (my sense of humor to the t) but I doubt it for that reason.
Aside from kvetching from the hardcore fans, who are really no big deal in the big picture, why can't you just recast the actor? If it was good enough for Dumbledore, it's good enough for Bloodengutz.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
^Maybe, I was just trying to think of why they hadn't done a sequel. I do have to wonder how they would do a "reality show" story. Maybe it's been many years since the first one, he's broken out of prison and has returned to the studio who makes reality shows?

Last edited:
Reactions: RevFreako
So from the sounds of it Orlando is probably getting 7 IP’s, 5 shared with Hollywood. The exclusives for you guys are most likely Nightmare on Elm Street and AHS Cult(Hollywood gets Asylum).

^Hope this means we get all original streets. Still, if we gotta have seven IPs the rumored lineup is perfectly acceptable--everything but AHS feels like good old-fashioned Halloweeny IPs.

Reactions: horrornights789
Has anyone seen the "leaked lineup" from Hollywood?

Houses:
AHS- Asylum
IT
Classic Universal Monsters mashup
Halloween
Trick 'r Treat
Stranger Things
The Thing

Scare Zone:
AHS- Cult

Last edited: