Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How would Warner Bros and JK Rowling feel if they did a Harry Potter Scare Zone in Diagon Alley? They could have fog machines at the entrance and dark lighting inside with death eaters and dementors on stilts. It would be a really cool and different type of scare zone. Plus Potter fans. Idk if possible tho

How would Warner Bros and JK Rowling feel if they did a Harry Potter Scare Zone in Diagon Alley? They could have fog machines at the entrance and dark lighting inside with death eaters and dementors on stilts. It would be a really cool and different type of scare zone. Plus Potter fans. Idk if possible tho

Japan does it already,
But JK Rowling wont let us have this...

Yes, that would work perfectly in Diagon Alley with the tight-walkways and smoke, Knockturn Alley could even be like a mini house and the stage could have a death eater chant spells or something, it would print money too with Potter fans coming
Japan does it already,
But JK Rowling wont let us have this...

Reactions: tankart150
Everyone forgets the role of a lawyer. A lawyer works for their client. Not the other way around. An executive needs to tell legal to “figure out how we CAN do it” and not be told “you can’t.” It’s a cop out for them to say that legal told them no.

Laziness and lack of creativity by the legaOTE]

Only true when the lawyer has a moron for a client. It's just as often the lawyer's job, ESPECIALLY in matters related to intellectually property, to advise their client that a course of action will land them in an actionable position. A good lawyer, with a responsible client, knows when to stop their client from doing something stupid.

FWIW, Academy of Villains GSATs were very high.

Unsurprising. It was a good show, even if it didnt please the hardcores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: youhow2 and TDBLMT
oh....god.... why........why

I’ve said this a million times and I guess I have to say it a million more times.

Potter equals kids. If this is a special show they need to budget into HHN because so far UOR has not found a non HHN Halloween event worthwhile. They don’t want to attract more kids to HHN. It’s why Diagon wasn’t open the first year for HHN. “But but but Stranger Things!” isn’t equal because ST is a known suspense and horror property. I’ve talked to people in sales and that’s THE REASON.

How we can have people with one breath say they don’t want to kiddie down HHN then the other breath say they want Potter for HHN is beyond me.

I’ve said this a million times and I guess I have to say it a million more times.

Potter equals kids. If this is a special show they need to budget into HHN because so far UOR has not found a non HHN Halloween event worthwhile. They don’t want to attract more kids to HHN. It’s why Diagon wasn’t open the first year for HHN. “But but but Stranger Things!” isn’t equal because ST is a known suspense and horror property. I’ve talked to people in sales and that’s THE REASON.

How we can have people with one breath say they don’t want to kiddie down HHN then the other breath say they want Potter for HHN is beyond me.

Good to know that Universal is at least somewhat acknowledging concerns about family friendliness, and won’t outright become MNSSHP 2.0. Hopefully they have the same thoughts on FNAF.

And FWIW - I think the Freddy ship has sailed, even more so then when I last said it.

I gotta disagree with you there - it's still a huge piece of the zeitgeist among tweens. I see the merchandise all over the place... if the movie actually happens, I think its arrival is inevitable.

Reactions: Magic-Man

but then how come they dont bring the death eaters to the other park? on islands?
that would double their guest to that park during HHN. i would definitely pay to see death eaters over there

I really think we in this thread overstate the "problem" of selfie's in scarezones... As long as the actors are safe I be Universal loves people taking pictures... It's free/effective advertising. Also as someone said if someone successfully scares you in a scarezone that's great, if not however there are 10 additional houses to get scared in.

but then how come they dont bring the death eaters to the other park? on islands?
that would double their guest to that park during HHN. i would definitely pay to see death eaters over there
They’re probably considering it.

I mean, they have the costumes.