Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I thought the Nightingales: Blood Pit cast was killing it last night. I did notice lots of empty boo holes in most of the other houses, though.

It's odd because noticed a lot of holes in Monsters, a couple in Yeti, but I actually saw holes in Games staffed that I don't recall ever seeing an actor in before. Agreed with above posters, Nightingales and Yeti were both very aggressive last night. Crowds seemed reasonable for late October. Only drawback was the humidity making it feel like a sauna. When are we supposedly getting temps in the 50s for HHN?

It's odd because noticed a lot of holes in Monsters, a couple in Yeti, but I actually saw holes in Games staffed that I don't recall ever seeing an actor in before. Agreed with above posters, Nightingales and Yeti were both very aggressive last night. Crowds seemed reasonable for late October. Only drawback was the humidity making it feel like a sauna. When are we supposedly getting temps in the 50s for HHN?

It was supposed to start this week. That has changed as of now and is back to low 70’s/high 60’s

Definitely an interesting night. Lots of actors thrown in houses they had never been in before which added an awesome new energy. It was almost like opening week all over again. Some houses definitely struggled from cast issues more than others but a good night overall.

I thought the Nightingales: Blood Pit cast was killing it last night. I did notice lots of empty boo holes in most of the other houses, though.

They totally screwed up the Springfield S&S last night. I would have made it to 30 house runs last night if they had managed that better. I still hit 28, which is my personal high.
From what I heard it's cause quite a few of the houses back there flooded. I also heard one of the Depths stanchions got hit directly by lightning so it just wasn't a good afternoon for that house.

I also totally agree with Nightingales. Absolutely killer last night both times I went.

I'll say it again (after reading the HHN subreddit)...if they bring the Death Eaters to Diagon Alley...:smash:
This Sunday, they were stopping every third person with a ticket after they scanned in to take a survey. It was basically a condensed version of the one that happens outside of the park at close. While my boyfriend was participating, the team member was giving “pro tips” about HHN (start at the back of the park, etc, very basic stuff).

She was misinformed and told us to head out to Diagon Alley every half hour (preferably at 8, she said, as that’s their second set so they’ll be warmed up + it’ll be darker). I’d heard about the Dark Arts show in Hogsmeade, but I was so surprised to hear about it in Universal and sort of doubted it. She said that the whole idea was to see if we liked HP being rethemed as part of HHN. It apparently happens on select unannounced, unadvertised nights, this being one of them. Needless to say, there was no Dark Arts show, and we even went by there at 8 just in case.

Don’t know what’s up with ops, but this just adds on to what I’ve said about the knowledge base of what’s actually happening at HHN this year.

I went on opening night, then again on Sep. 12 with my grandparents, and then again on Oct. 10. The escalation in aggressiveness was crazy. The Yeti's were in our faces in that last room. Ho1C seems like it's always on point for me, probably my personal favorite of the year. And wow did Nightingales and Depths of Fear get intense in October compared to early September.

Doing a house alone is just amazing! I was able to do Yeti alone and it was amazing! The Yeti’s really went all out. I was also able to do Monsters alone with my group. The only thing was that an Op decided it was her business to come into another room blocking the scare-actor to tell us to keep moving. That same night we also got to do Graveyard Games almost alone(we would have been alone if the people in front of us didn’t stop and wait for us because they were to scared).

Doing a house alone is just amazing! I was able to do Yeti alone and it was amazing! The Yeti’s really went all out. I was also able to do Monsters alone with my group. The only thing was that an Op decided it was her business to come into another room blocking the scare-actor to tell us to keep moving. That same night we also got to do Graveyard Games almost alone(we would have been alone if the people in front of us didn’t stop and wait for us because they were to scared).

Was it in Dracula’s brides scene? We had an issue too.

I went on 10/17. It was my first time doing HHN Orlando after having done nearly every post-hiatus HHN Hollywood. I’ll post a review in a few days. I’m doing HHN Hollywood tomorrow night so I want to compare both.

Some quick notes: valet parking was $65 for regular valet. Every website I found said it was $50 and I figured the extra $10 vs prime parking wasn’t too bad for an infrequent visitor like me, but didn’t find out it was $65 until I got there and they handed me the valet ticket. Being asked if I was storing a firearm in the car was definitely something I have never experienced in California.

They have added two actors to Scareactor Dining. One was a Nightingale who was very cool and interacted with us for awhile even though she was non-speaking. The other was a Viking who made the rounds, but skipped our section for some reason. Dr. Frankenstein also never made it over to our side, but Igor did. Food was mediocre. We actually ended eating at Monsters Cafe again after midnight when it went back to its regular menu and we enjoyed that a lot more. Instead of one digital download per person they give you a photo card with all your pictures. I’d imagine it would also work at other locations since it was a regular photo card, but I didn’t get a chance to test out my theory.

One problem i noticed when doing yeti alone last week, was that some of the scares take a while to happen.

The scares would happen after i passed the room. The actors would see me and set up the scare, but when the yeti came out it was after i passed by.
The scare where a hunter tells you to be quiet before being attacked happened like this, the actor tells me to be quiet and by the time i left the room the yeti came out.
Same with the yeti that shoves his hand inside a hunter's chest. That happened as i was leaving.

Going alone is cool. But the timing for scares sucks sometimes.

Same with the yeti that shoves his hand inside a hunter's chest. That happened as i was leaving.

The lengthy set-up of the scares is that house's biggest flaw. We went three times, and I was only able to see the end of this particular scare once, and my wife never saw it. This was with me purposely trying to slow down in that area to let them reset.