Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

So for 28 I started midway through the year and had to catch up on the forums, and now I got to close out 28 with you all. So I’m excited to start 29. I haven’t posted much in the past and mainly just lurked around, but I’m gonna try to post more now.

I’d place strong bets on Stranger Thins 2 of course, alongside Killer Klowns house.

I’d love to see a Sabrina scarezone.

I feel like they will wait until the 30th for Blumhouee’ Halloween. That continues the 2 year cycle of Halloween houses.

Speaking of Tents, I am going to bet that we will see a MIB-Esque Tent pop up in-between Louies, Mummy and Drupercharged next year. I would think it'd make perfect sense, and would act as a nice way to get a buffer for those going through the NY Scarezone.

My wishlist...

*The Thing (1982)
*Killer Klowns (house)
*Mandy
*JAWS (That’s right! A Jaws house. Let’s see how creative A&D can get!)
*Suspiria (either version)
*Hellraiser
*Pink Floyd’s The Wall
*House (Hausu)
*Babadook
*Videodrome
*Screamhouse Requel
*HR Bloodengutz (icon w/ zone, show, & house)
*Boogeyman original (a la Singapore)

Last edited:
Since Chucky was zone of the year and next year is the 10th anniversary of the Chucky house, might both it and KK get the "Trick 'r Treat"-ment?

Oh and Hellraiser plz.

If the house number goes up, I could see them bringing over the sets and costumes of Hollywood's HoB. As well as Poltergeist getting the AWIL treatment (likely for 30).

Last edited:
I've been told they're looking at doing 12.

EDIT - The reason WHY is because I think they want to do 13 at 30... and it's easier to add one than two. Figuring out the addition now will help 30.

I've already started hearing ideas about 30. They're not developing 29 without thinking about the following year.

That...that...that would be insane.

It's definitely possible, but I think I've made my stance on house number clear.

I would say Haunting of Hill House, but I wonder if there'd be a two year gap between premiere and appearance at the event like there was TWD and Stranger Things?

Oh and that's very smart.

Last edited:
EDIT - The reason WHY is because I think they want to do 13 at 30... and it's easier to add one than two. Figuring out the addition now will help 30.

I've already started hearing ideas about 30. They're not developing 29 without thinking about the following year.

...Well, that's a bit & a half to unpack.

People keep mentioning Hellraiser...how would that be done? The first Hellraiser barely has Pinhead and the cenobites in it. Combine that with the inherent sexual content of the plot, I feel that's such a wildcard property. I could see a Hellraiser-inspired house that takes more from Hellraiser 2. The rest of the series has the rights all over the place.

People keep mentioning Hellraiser...how would that be done? The first Hellraiser barely has Pinhead and the cenobites in it. Combine that with the inherent sexual content of the plot, I feel that's such a wildcard property. I could see a Hellraiser-inspired house that takes more from Hellraiser 2. The rest of the series has the rights all over the place.

I would assume, if Hellraiser comes; it'd be a mixture of the First and Second.

__

A thought...occurs.

If Kidzone is FINALLY going under, what will that mean for P79 as a Maze Location, and more strongly..the queue's for the new Parade Building location?

It's a..interesting thought, to say the least; as while they did extend the backstage ramps to the right of MIB, I would doubt they'd be able to get in 4 queues in there that easily.

i imagine hellraiser being our special effects house if it happens. i mean there's tons of scenes with gore ,and there's some puppet heavy scenes to like this.

I hope they make 29 & 30 kind of go together like a sequel.

I shudder at the thought of a recreation of the scene where they first appear.

Also, I think the first movie has plenty of content for a maze.

1. Frank first playing with the box
2. Frank's body in the cenobite realm/torture scene
3. Moving into the house/ Frank's reanimation
4. Bringing Frank back to life/ random murders.
5. Kirsty summons the cenobites
6. Konfrontation with Frank
7. Cenobites arrive
8. "Jesus wept"
9. Kirsty trying to banish cenobites/ hallway momster
10. Collapsing house
11. The monster retriving the box at the end and flying away.

I hope they make 29 & 30 kind of go together like a sequel.

I shudder at the thought of a recreation of the scene where they first appear.

Also, I think the first movie has plenty of content for a maze.

1. Frank first playing with the box
2. Frank's body in the cenobite realm/torture scene
3. Moving into the house/ Frank's reanimation
4. Bringing Frank back to life/ random murders.
5. Kirsty summons the cenobites
6. Konfrontation with Frank
7. Cenobites arrive
8. "Jesus wept"
9. Kirsty trying to banish cenobites/ hallway momster
10. Collapsing house
11. The monster retriving the box at the end and flying away.

...I mean, stranger things have happened; look at 25 & 26 being connected by a loose story pertaining Jack and Chance for their respected years.

My guess..if there is an icon for 29, they may just surprise everyone with Jack; especially if that "I'm Back" Letter-Wall is hinting to that.

...I mean, stranger things have happened; look at 25 & 26 being connected by a loose story pertaining Jack and Chance for their respected years.

My guess..if there is an icon for 29, they may just surprise everyone with Jack; especially if that "I'm Back" Letter-Wall is hinting to that.

Please not Jack again. Really want to see a new icon for 29. Doesn’t even have to be brand new, just a character that hasn’t had it yet - Eddie or HR!

With 28 in the history books, and considering everything that's going on in the park, I have a feeling this'll be a very interesting period of speculation!

As what with everyone is saying, I'm expecting more nights, houses and hopefully shows to try and combat the crowds. For the houses, I'm hoping for another evenish split of IP/Originals like this year.
As for the IP's...

Stranger Things Season 2 is pretty much the no-brainer of them all, Netflix adored Orlando's version, so it would be very understandable they'd want to ride that train again.

KKfoS has a good chance due to the general good reception by everyone and the fact we all know the creative team would love to do more with it.

Everything beyond that is more up in the air, though I will say I'd love to have a Hellraiser house. That would be ripe for the creative team to put some original spins on.

Other then that, I think the most interesting thing to discuss for next year is what house/queue locations are we gonna' have? If Kidzone finally goes under construction, that could throw things out of whack for the parade warehouse queues, maybe even the original warehouse. An what happens if Shrek 4D finally closes and goes down? That's a loss of a house venue right there. What if FFL finally goes down, too? There goes a venue for a show. Add in the rumor of them looking at 12 houses, and now we gotta' figure out what nook and cranny they can be squeezed into.

Please not Jack again. Really want to see a new icon for 29. Doesn’t even have to be brand new, just a character that hasn’t had it yet - Eddie or HR!

I'd rather want a new icon..but Jack is not only tested, but is without a doubt; one of the most marketable characters in the event's history.

On one hand, it's playing it safe. And I will not deny that. But, there is more to the well that he can be used in, than just an Anniversary house..