Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Express was definitely wonky last night. Icons was the worst.

BTW, while the announcer in the Rotunda continues to tell you to social distance, Ops at Hill House and Icons are already shouting "fill in all space! no gaps!" I've stayed out of COVID discussions for months now, but if you did skip the event because of COVID fears, you should feel validated. It's exactly what you feared.

Express was definitely wonky last night. Icons was the worst.

BTW, while the announcer in the Rotunda continues to tell you to social distance, Ops at Hill House and Icons are already shouting "fill in all space! no gaps!" I've stayed out of COVID discussions for months now, but if you did skip the event because of COVID fears, you should feel validated. It's exactly what you feared.
I watched the first scene for a couple house POVs, and the Hill House ops seemed VERY aggressive with this. Hopefully other houses don't go this route.

Not sure where else to put this: Does it rain/snow/“ash” in any of the houses this year? Just want to know yes or know, I can be surprised on where exactly it is. Big wow moment for me in previous years, hope my boyfriend is wowed in the same way this year.

Not sure where else to put this: Does it rain/snow/“ash” in any of the houses this year? Just want to know yes or know, I can be surprised on where exactly it is. Big wow moment for me in previous years, hope my boyfriend is wowed in the same way this year.

no

I think a lot is coming down to the fact these houses were designed when we knew very little about Covid. Lack of SIF, GATs, particle effects, no “regular” victims, etc.

Agreed, but curious that they doubled down on the fog. It feels like they picked and chose when to care?

They keep the express waits low by letting more express through than standard line.
So I was responding to reports of express waits being high the first few nights. Also universal could sell 50% or more of all ticketholders express if they wanted to and "just let more of them in ahead of the normal line". That's an oversimplification to a much more dynamic structure universal wants with express pricing and numbers of guests using it.

Can anyone confirm if the nights of September 24 and 25 the closing time is 2 am? On the website I keep seeing closing at 1 am.
It’s showing up as 2am when I check the website. Try clearing your cache and see if that updates the page?

If not, you could always call them to confirm the closing time.
6DE34B59-7939-4E69-831E-82CC135F2B7E.png

Someone on this site (I couldn't find the reference) posted a message from customer service stating the the multi-night passes would back up on the HHN Orlando website after September 6, and they are indeed back with no price change.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm looking at the availability for the Unmasking the Horror Tour and it looks like the 6 house tour is completely booked up for all the days I'm visiting. Do you know if there's any chance of me being able to book once at the resort or over the phone with a customer service representative? I wouldn't mind the 3 house tour, but the 6 house looks like it has a better line up.

Quick question for all of you were able to catch the opening show. I saw that Jack comes out to like kick things off, but before opening day there were people saying not to miss it this year and I was wondering what was so special that couldn't be missed; or is just like every other year?
I am staying on property so I'm curious if its worth waiting with the GP or going in trough the hotel guest entrance and miss seeing it.

I'm looking at the availability for the Unmasking the Horror Tour and it looks like the 6 house tour is completely booked up for all the days I'm visiting. Do you know if there's any chance of me being able to book once at the resort or over the phone with a customer service representative? I wouldn't mind the 3 house tour, but the 6 house looks like it has a better line up.

This is extremely YMMV, but here's one of my experience. At HHN 29, I was able to get myself and a family member into the tour by asking politely at the ticketing booth. We arrived a couple hours before the tour started. Initially, the person at the front desk said that it was full, so I asked if we could be put on a waiting list in case someone dropped off. The person helping went inside and asked the tour guide directly if she could take two more people and she agreed, so I paid and we went on the tour. It would seem that there is some flexibility there, but it's up to the discretion of management and the guide.

My advice would be to call ahead and ask for options or a waiting list as it can't hurt to ask, plus you can ask on the day of and see if anything frees up. I wouldn't hold to my experience as an absolute, but there's probably a chance.

I would 100% call and ask

That being said, there might not be much availability this year as when I called to see if it was possible to add an extra person to my UTH tour, I was that they were capping group sizes at 5 this year. I am assuming this is a function of COVID protocols, but they never directly said such a thing.

Reactions: queenmetroid
I would 100% call and ask

That being said, there might not be much availability this year as when I called to see if it was possible to add an extra person to my UTH tour, I was that they were capping group sizes at 5 this year. I am assuming this is a function of COVID protocols, but they never directly said such a thing.

We had 10 in our group. I’d ask again.

Reactions: kingcooger
We had 10 in our group. I’d ask again.
Hmm, interesting.

It doesn't matter because my 6th couldn't make it anyways, but it did seem an odd thing.

I would always recommend calling anyways as I sort of dislike the online system and they seem to know more when you call than when you try to do it online.