Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021) | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - News & Info (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the mixed reaction to Tooth Fairy and especially Bride shows what a bad idea this is. Look at my NPS ranking of the houses, or just look at the wait times. A lot of fans rejected both as "been there, done that." The dada-esque nature of HHN has always been one of its top, unspoken selling points. Haunted Mansion has sat there for 50 years--as an HHN guest, you are one of the lucky few to experience 10 E-tickets that will cease to exist forever come November. @LuckyPlanet nailed it:

It also doesn't help that we just had a UCM house in 2019 and fairy tale/folklore houses haven't been noteworthy in years. Part of HHN's rotational appeal comes from different subjects being represented, and too much of one idea will have an impact on similar houses in back to back years or even every other year. Bride's been experiencing a bit of a wait time resurgence the past couple weeks, but Tooth Fairy usually remains deserted compared to the other houses. Not to start 2022 spec a day early, but I doubt HHN will be touching ideas related to these two houses anytime over the next couple years.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It also doesn't help that we just had a UCM house in 2019 and fairy tale/folklore houses haven't been noteworthy in years. Part of HHN's rotational appeal comes from different subjects being represented, and too much of one idea will have an impact on similar houses in back to back years or even every other year. Bride's been experiencing a bit of a wait time resurgence the past couple weeks, but Tooth Fairy usually remains deserted compared to the other houses. Not to start 2022 spec a day early, but I doubt HHN will be touching ideas related to these two houses anytime over the next couple years.

Universal is going HARD into UCM on multiple fronts, they’re going to remain a mainstay of HHN for years to come. It takes more than one house to set A&D off something, it’s no coincidence that we haven’t seen zombie or “living dead” ANYTHING at HHN after going all in on TWD for years.

Sorry if this isn’t the best place for this question: One thing my group and I noticed was that the voiceovers for the IPs seemed to be new recordings, rather than audio clips from the actual IPs. Super noticeable ones for us were Juno in BJ and the kids in Hill House (just as a few examples). Doesn’t Universal usually use actually recordings from the IPs? Like I’m pretty sure the voice clips for AHS and Stranger Things were from the actual shows. Or were they just so good we didn’t notice?

Universal is going HARD into UCM on multiple fronts, they’re going to remain a mainstay of HHN for years to come. It takes more than one house to set A&D off something, it’s no coincidence that we haven’t seen zombie or “living dead” ANYTHING at HHN after going all in on TWD for years.
To be fair, have they ever not been mainstays? There were two ensemble UCM houses in the past decade along with an extended scene in Monsters & Mayhem. UCM has always been part of the event's history in some form.

tonight is the night of 1000 costumes
at least 500 costumes.
mostly is clothing related. scarecrows and skeletons and such.
witches, goth vampires, anime outfits,superheroes. etc

but yeah. full halloween vibe in here

... I did see the girl dressed exactly like Chance walking around

Last edited:
tonight is the night of 1000 costumes
at least 500 costumes.
mostly is clothing related. scarecrows and skeletons and such.
witches, goth vampires, anime outfits,superheroes. etc

but yeah. full halloween vibe in here

... I did see the girl dressed exactly like Chance walking around

So many onesies. A few Ghostbusters. But a quite a number of straight-up costumes, no arguing they would be "bounds." Probably a higher percentage in costume than I saw headed to Boo Bash Friday.

Welp I guess this is it. This year was amazing and I couldn’t ask for a better one. Goodbye HHN 30 and hello HHN 31. Can’t wait to see what Universal has up their sleeve. The horror has come to an end.

For now…..

Reactions: HHN Maddux
So many onesies. A few Ghostbusters. But a quite a number of straight-up costumes, no arguing they would be "bounds." Probably a higher percentage in costume than I saw headed to Boo Bash Friday.

at the entrance of CityWalk just by the metal detectors i saw the packaging for full costumes from spirit lolololol.
like if someone bought it and waited till getting here to put it lol.

as for halloween nightmare fuel, very nice very touching last show.
nothing out of the ordinary, but it was nice to see
I pray it comes back

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne