Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Wicked Growth’s story seems to be using the Twisted Tradition lore (the blogpost made at somepoint last year).

Speaking of stories, I’m happy to see how many houses this year seem to be story-based. Though Icons and sCarey sound like they’ll be pure compilation houses with no real story through them, Puppet Theatre, Wicked Growth, Bride of Frankie, and Tooth Fairy all had (or are going to have) a story to them, whether in the house or in the lore. As much as I love compilation houses, I also love when a house has deeper lore or story that you can follow because that’s when I feel the creative team behind HHN is able to really create an immersive environment.

Assuming they're a requirement this year (I definitely am), what're the odds that the costume designers will adjust the mask/prosthetic designs to have room for a surgical mask underneath of them?

Assuming they're a requirement this year (I definitely am), what're the odds that the costume designers will adjust the mask/prosthetic designs to have room for a surgical mask underneath of them?
I've got to say that its probably fairly easy to do that after seeing how much the surgical mask was hidden by prosthetics and makeup. Universal did a great job with hiding the mask.

Reactions: SeventyOne
But, but, but...an undead monster like Frankenstein's Monster wouldn't need to wear a mask, this will take me out of the world of the house and not work!

Just joking, I'm all for everybody's safety and if every scareactor has to wear a full hazmat suit I'm all for it so long as we get the event. But you KNOW people are going to complain about that (nevermind walking through a themepark with rides, vendors, etc all around you...some people swear they get fully immersed in the event somehow and this will ruin it for them).

Glad for the transparency with TM's and I hope the same transparency is used in marketing so people have a realistic idea of what to expect. And as already stated, hope for the best and plan for the worst and MAYBE masks won't be mandatory then...but with an event that draws people from around the world, for everybody's health and safety, I hope masks are mandatory for everybody from the security checkpoint workers, to scareactors, to bathroom attendants, to attendees. And not only required, but strictly enforced.

The marketing/merch departments better get working on making masks inspired by what the scareactors wear in the houses. If characters in the Pumpkin King house are wearing crazy jack o lantern face masks and it's my favorite house, I want to be able to buy a matching mask. People reticent to wearing masks would also be more apt to wear one that matches something they're fond of.

And for SCarey .... didn't Afterlife: Death's Vengeance take place in Carey? Either way point is Afterlife is one of my bottom if not the worst house for me I have been in lol, so I am either crossing my fingers it doesn't make the cameo or somehow the cameo is great and I am shocked they somehow finally made me like that house lol

And for SCarey .... didn't Afterlife: Death's Vengeance take place in Carey? Either way point is Afterlife is one of my bottom if not the worst house for me I have been in lol, so I am either crossing my fingers it doesn't make the cameo or somehow the cameo is great and I am shocked they somehow finally made me like that house lol
I think it’s likely it makes an appearance. I remember seeing what the various scene names were for the house treatment and I think one looked like it could relate to Afterlife. But that’s speculation, so take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Rikku

On the flip side, I was delighted to see that the Sculders appear poised to make a surprise appearance, even though everyone hated The Spawning. (I was a big fan until they lost their great cast halfway through the run.)

I think it’s likely it makes an appearance. I remember seeing what the various scene names were for the house treatment and I think one looked like it could relate to Afterlife. But that’s speculation, so take it with a grain of salt.
I’m fairly certain Afterlife isn’t in there. Most of the room names directly correlate to past house scenes or are somewhat obvious.

Scene names and likely probable houses (houses are speculated with little confirmation):
Civics Lesson - The Spawning
Cave and Hallway - Hive
In the House - Legendary Truth: Wyandot Estate
Upstairs - Dead End
Education - Orfanage (or new Skoolhouse scene)
Television - Bloodengutz
Deli - Leave it to Cleaver
A Cut Above - believed to be Slaughter Sinema (barbershop), but not super confident
Gate - Fairly big question mark. Generally believed to be either Scarepy or Hell(gate) based on some sort of vehicle sitting outside the exit.

I’m fairly certain Afterlife isn’t in there. Most of the room names directly correlate to past house scenes or are somewhat obvious.

Scene names and likely probable houses (houses are speculated with little confirmation):
Civics Lesson - The Spawning
Cave and Hallway - Hive
In the House - Legendary Truth: Wyandot Estate
Upstairs - Dead End
Education - Orfanage (or new Skoolhouse scene)
Television - Bloodengutz
Deli - Leave it to Cleaver
A Cut Above - believed to be Slaughter Sinema (barbershop), but not super confident
Gate - Fairly big question mark. Generally believed to be either Scarepy or Hell(gate) based on some sort of vehicle sitting outside the exit.
Gotcha. I remember trying to figure it out with a few friends and I think we came to the assumption that Afterlife was Gate or Cut. Idk how we got there though lol. Thanks for clearing it up!

Gotcha. I remember trying to figure it out with a few friends and I think we came to the assumption that Afterlife was Gate or Cut. Idk how we got there though lol. Thanks for clearing it up!
Yeah, Afterlife didn’t have a “Gate” scene.

And I’m cheating on Cut. The scene layout looks very similar to the Barber Chop scene from Sinema, so I’m speculating with a bit more information than just the scene names.

Barber Chop
was one of the weaker Slaughter Sinema rooms in my opinion, where's Midnight Snack III?
Here’s my theory about the use of Sinema in SCarey:

The Carey Drive-in is in Carey, but the movies themselves are not “in” Carey. They’re movies. So, I think the idea is that we are not “visiting” the movie. I think we are visiting a location from a small town that just happens to be featured in a B-movie that played in Slaughter Sinema.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.