Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s my theory about the use of Sinema in SCarey:

The Carey Drive-in is in Carey, but the movies themselves are not “in” Carey. They’re movies. So, I think they idea that we are not “visiting” the movie. I think we are visiting a location from a small town just happens to be featured in a B-movie that played in Slaughter Sinema.

So basically the Jaws ride's "Amity Island is a real place where a real shark attack happened and they made a fictional movie based on it that exists in this universe" approach.

Barber Chop
was one of the weaker Slaughter Sinema rooms in my opinion, where's Midnight Snack III?

I recall Midnight Snack 2 being a bigger room/setup than what's rumored to be in SCarey, and while I'd love to have MS2 in there, I can totally understand if it's not due to lack of space for that big puppet. (Which you do need for the payoff.)

Reactions: RevFreako
Yeah, Afterlife didn’t have a “Gate” scene.

And I’m cheating on Cut. The scene layout looks very similar to the Barber Chop scene from Sinema, so I’m speculating with a bit more information than just the scene names.
Yeah, that’s why I’m confused as to how we came to that conclusion. Guess we ran into a roadblock and just started leaping to conclusions lol. I’m excited to see if Slaughter Sinema does make some appearance at sCarey. That’s one of my top houses even though I wasn’t able to do it in 2018. Fingers crossed that you’re right

Wonder how they’ll do their Bloodengutz Room; probably the studio room while getting scared by the Feaster Bunny and other characters.

I have a feeling SCarey will be ranked the lowest for the general public solely for the fact nobody will understand it.

You would be surprised how "smart" the GP is - as long as it's a good house, people will enjoy it. Lot's of people left Graveyard/Nightingales saying how it was better than Ghostbusters/Stranger Things, etc.

I mean they’re all originals from the last 10 years
True. Keep in mind that a lot of new people started coming in the past maybe 2-4 years. Stranger Things brought in a lot of people, so they’ll definitely be confused by sCarey. I’ve only been going since 28, and despite all that I’ve learned about HHN since then, I still feel like sCarey is going to confuse me. If there is any house that will confuse the GA, I feel like it might be sCarey and Icons since they both require a little bit of past knowledge on lore.

True. Keep in mind that a lot of new people started coming in the past maybe 2-4 years. Stranger Things brought in a lot of people, so they’ll definitely be confused by sCarey. I’ve only been going since 28, and despite all that I’ve learned about HHN since then, I still feel like sCarey is going to confuse me. If there is any house that will confuse the GA, I feel like it might be sCarey and Icons since they both require a little bit of past knowledge on lore.
Yeah agree with this. I've been through a lot of these houses, but it's been so long I've forgotten a lot about them. Other than youtube, is there a site that houses walkthroughs for some of these? I saw some being posted on the thread last year of walkthroughs - didn't know if Uni had a site that kind of housed all the "official" walkthroughs of the past.

If Hellgate is represented, it’ll be the last 17 years. And there are a couple other houses that are 12 & 13 years old.

And though I don’t have scientific numbers on it, I wouldn’t be surprised if most people only attend for around 7 years.
So in that case most people would recognize 2-3 rooms?

Yep. And that’s if their recollection of the rooms are that good. It’s quite likely it will feel like all new stuff for the majority of attendees.

Remember, most people only attend HHN once or twice a year, and may only go through a house a couple of times (if that).
This is probably pretty true

As well, the one night GP attendee will most likely gravitate towards what they know, which are the IPs

The IPs tend to have longer lines (TWD, AHS, ST) meaning that attendee will have to prioritize their evening to hit what they care about most. Less time also means that they hit less houses

And I also expect anything pre TWD (2012) to not be widely known/remembered by the GP

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yep. And that’s if their recollection of the rooms are that good. It’s quite likely it will feel like all new stuff for the majority of attendees.

Remember, most people only attend HHN once or twice a year, and may only go through a house a couple of times (if that).
Wow when you put it in that perspective it’s amazing this house even exists lol

Reactions: Rikku
As someone who started going in 2013, Monsters & Mayhem at 25 was almost all new to me, but I understood it was a mashup and loved each piece of it. Well... most of it. There were a couple dud rooms in there.

Reactions: dxwwf3
Status
Not open for further replies.