Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the auditions link, is “Big Foot” just literally the yeti costume, or is that referring to something else?

Big Foot and Hybrid Stilt Walkers
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Previous stilt walking experience is required.
Hybrid Stilt Walkers weight cannot exceed 190 lbs.
Select candidates may be invited to participate in callbacks at a later date.

(Thanks mods for deleting that part of my message! Sorry for making you have to go through the trouble of that, hahah.)

Ahhhh external auditions! God this makes me so excited for HHN. I'm taking a trip to Uni this month so I'm really excited to desperately search for anything that kind of looks like HHN construction.

Reactions: HHNObsession
(Thanks mods for deleting that part of my message! Sorry for making you have to go through the trouble of that, hahah.)

Ahhhh external auditions! God this makes me so excited for HHN. I'm taking a trip to Uni this month so I'm really excited to desperately search for anything that kind of looks like HHN construction.
I haven't seen any HHN construction that's visible thus far. I'd imagine we'd start seeing it around July though. Maybe August.

You’re unlikely to see anything. Street and facade construction typically isn’t visible until late July at the earliest.

You’re unlikely to see anything. Street and facade construction typically isn’t visible until late July at the earliest.
Heheh, I'm well aware. I just always take a quick peek at the MiB tent even though I know very well that there will be nothing there. Literally just a single piece of plywood being placed somewhere near the premises makes me so hyped, I have issues hahah

Reactions: PlatinumFate
Heheh, I'm well aware. I just always take a quick peek at the MiB tent even though I know very well that there will be nothing there. Literally just a single piece of plywood being placed somewhere near the premises makes me so hyped, I have issues hahah
Sounds like me lol, every trip to Universal includes me going to the Fear Factor U-Stop just so I can see that tent. Any construction later on is a bonus.

Florida Governor DeSantis Suspends Local Emergency COVID Orders, Orange County Mask Mandate Likely Ending
Hate to bring this back up, but for clarity's sake for continuing to discuss the potential operation of the event, this does not take place until July 1st it seems.

EDIT: A new Executive Order was just put out and it's now effective immediately. This whole post is now dated lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: londonwerecat
Hate to bring this back up, but for clarity's sake for continuing to discuss the potential operation of the event, this does not take place until July 1st it seems.

He physically does not have the capability to tell Universal not to have a mask mandate. If they wanted, Universal could make us all wear full clown costumes to HHN, hahah.

So, I’m pretty sure the July 1st thing will have no effect on HHN? I think?

He physically does not have the capability to tell Universal not to have a mask mandate. If they wanted, Universal could make us all wear full clown costumes to HHN, hahah.

So, I’m pretty sure the July 1st thing will have no effect on HHN? I think?
Absolutely correct. Just worth mentioning to prevent any mixups as things tend to move fast with announcements and regulations right now. It is worth noting that Universal does seem to be following the Orange County guidelines though (moved to 3 ft distancing rather than 6 ft once the new phases allowed it), so they may continue following those guidelines, but no guarantees like you said.

Today hasn't been a model of clarity, but DeSantis issued an executive order suspending all county/city regs requiring masks effective immediately. I'd link to it, but it's still not online; not even Jerry Demings has seen it as of 5 p.m. The formal law DeSantis signed today--which basically just makes that pronouncement into a statute and includes other things, like a ban on "vaccine passports"--doesn't go into effect until July 1. These were two separate documents with different effective dates. (Apparently--as I said, I still haven't read this E.O. but this is what every news outlet is reporting, and what DeSantis said.)

Not a perfect analogy, but think of tolls. They can be suspended during a hurricane. The State could still legally enforce toll laws but chooses not to until evacuations are done. In this case, the State is choosing not to enforce any local regs requiring masks or social distancing until July 1 when such regs actually become illegal. As practical matter, I see little difference in the policies on the average person. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if theme parks use the July 1 law as a fig leaf to cover rescinding their mask requirements on that day but theoretically they could do sooner--especially if, as you suggest, Orange County simply revokes its orders.

Today hasn't been a model of clarity, but DeSantis issued an executive order suspending all county/city regs requiring masks effective immediately. I'd link to it, but it's still not online; not even Jerry Demings has seen it as of 5 p.m. The formal law DeSantis signed today--which basically just makes that pronouncement into a statute and includes other things, like a ban on "vaccine passports"--doesn't go into effect until July 1. These were two separate documents with different effective dates. (Apparently--as I said, I still haven't read this E.O. but this is what every news outlet is reporting, and what DeSantis said.)

Not a perfect analogy, but think of tolls. They can be suspended during a hurricane. The State could still legally enforce toll laws but chooses not to until evacuations are done. In this case, the State is choosing not to enforce any local regs requiring masks or social distancing until July 1 when such regs actually become illegal. As practical matter, I see little difference in the policies on the average person. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if theme parks use the July 1 law as a fig leaf to cover rescinding their mask requirements on that day but theoretically they could do sooner--especially if, as you suggest, Orange County simply revokes its orders.
Just updated my post, but he actually just put out the 2nd E.O. that's effective immediately so my whole post is now dated lol.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I believe there were rumblings of mandates being dropped earlier for Orange County per the rumor mill and even here in Tampa.

As much as I think the parks will re-evaluate the day product, I'm still expecting them at HHN due to the nature of the event.

Although it could just be a highly suggested thing and most folks will just wear them.

I'm expecting there to be a weird transition period where some businesses require them and some don't...nature of the beast

Status
Not open for further replies.