Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still way too early to tell how scaled back it'll actually be, it's largely going to depend on vaccination timelines and whether new variants that evade these responses pop up. The news today that Moderna (and almost certainly Pfizer) still works against the South Africa variant is very good news for a more normal HHN.

If I were management I'd be strongly considering an expanded event timeframe (similar to MNSSHP) with lower crowds this year to encourage people to spread out their trips somewhat.

I actually see them cutting some weekday nights to save on costs versus expanding the event. I think it's safe to assume we won't be seeing 28/29 crowd levels.

Reactions: Kadath
I am wondering if they will try to do an entire event through virtual queues only? and I'm also curious if there will be any express pass sold if it is only virtual queues.

I feel like it really is too early to speculate on all of this. We learned that last time, right? Hahah.

Look, if I really had to guess, there's going to be an event. Will it be HHN 2021/30? Probably. Will it be HHN Lite 2.0? Possibly. I wanna be optimistic and say that now that we're under an administration that takes this stuff seriously that we'll all be shot up with the juice and be able to enjoy a fun and safe event, but again, who has any idea? I just feel like speculating on what the event is gonna be like cuz of COVID is gonna lead nowhere right now, hahah.

EDIT- I'm totally not trying to be rude, by the way. I just think this discussion is kind of useless and also just kinda depressing, hahah.

Last edited:
I feel like it really is too early to speculate on all of this. We learned that last time, right? Hahah.

Look, if I really had to guess, there's going to be an event. Will it be HHN 2021/30? Probably. Will it be HHN Lite 2.0? Possibly. I wanna be optimistic and say that now that we're under an administration that takes this stuff seriously that we'll all be shot up with the juice and be able to enjoy a fun and safe event, but again, who has any idea? I just feel like speculating on what the event is gonna be like cuz of COVID is gonna lead nowhere right now, hahah.
This is kinda the boat I'm in. There's a LOT up in the air right now in regards to how modified the event would be, and we really won't know more until at earliest late spring on an optimistic timeframe.

This is kinda the boat I'm in. There's a LOT up in the air right now in regards to how modified the event would be, and we really won't know more until at earliest late spring on an optimistic timeframe.
Exactly. I don't think we're gonna hear a peep about this event until like July, honestly. It's all just based on where this pandemic is later into the Spring, IMO.

Reactions: Kadath and Grabnar
This year isn’t a normal year. Basing speculation on the pre-pandemic priorities isn’t the best way to think about things.

In the aughts, Universal cared predominantly about locals, as locals made up about 90% of the guests. Expect it to be like that again.
This post has gotten a lot of likes, including some “Love” responses. I want to make sure people aren’t reading too much into the statement. I’m not expecting an aughts-like event, with canonical themes driving the event. I’m simply saying they likely don’t feel obligated to replace Eilish with an IP.

Have a reservation system will remind me of the IOA days when the event use to be 'sold out' for certain nights

I think it makes the most sense honestly

I'm unconvinced about VQ as the queues get people off the midway and they have a good amount of space to distance people

I'm interested to see what the crowd levels are like, I'm assuming it will be mostly locals

I’m assuming it’s past it’s time and irreverent for Orlando to get a ‘The Strangers House’
Was there a reason Orlando never got one in 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.