Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 215 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been pondering the five Jack squares on the site. It’s odd to me that the first square isn’t a link. More so, they won’t be for the icons because the page URL is explicitly “Jack-the-Clown.” That means they’re likely to just be informational “here’s how Jack ties to other things as more information is announced and the website gets its full update” squares. It’s likely stuff we already know.

Square 1 - General (viewable now).

The other squares will likely be
- the show (whatever it is)
- Jack Attacks in the Streets.
- Icons house
- Photo walkthrough at Cabana.
I thought cabana as well but they already announced the bar and everything so it doesn’t make sense as to why they wouldn’t of unlocked another square for cabana already

Reactions: HHNObsession
As far as Jack returning, I know Marketing would love to use Jack every year but people with sensible heads have put a stop to that. Jack being back for 30 was an all-time safe bet, and a plan I've heard since HHN 27. The original rumored idea didn't make the cut - and no, I'm not going to share - but Jack was always coming back 30.

As far as Jack returning, I know Marketing would love to use Jack every year but people with sensible heads have put a stop to that. Jack being back for 30 was an all-time safe bet, and a plan I've heard since HHN 27. The original rumored idea didn't make the cut - and no, I'm not going to share - but Jack was always coming back 30.
That actually makes sense tho because 25 was a hit, but people didn’t perceive Chance all too well.

That actually makes sense tho because 25 was a hit, but people didn’t perceive Chance all too well.

Really? I thought people really liked Chance. Her house was pretty terrible, but I thought everything else with her (including advertising and everything else not actually contained within the walls of the park) was really good and was definitely well received in my group of friends.

Fear was a great concept, but didn't work at the event (in my opinion) and Lady Luck was a real let down. Chance was the first great new Icon in a long time in my book. If people felt she was a Harley Quinn knock off, they were 100% accurate and that's a valid criticism. But at an event that regularly has original houses and zones clearly "inspired" by other IPs, that's par for the course for the event.

Jacques the killer French mime should be one of the five forms in which he is in, at the event

Can you imagine him torturing someone and NOT talking, but instead using big expressions? That's terrifying!
I see what you did there.

tenor.gif

I think Chance connected in a big way during 25. It just so happened that 26 coincided with Suicide Squad coming out and her character became ‘played out’ before the event really even started. Plus the merch that year did no favors to her or her fans either.

I think Chance connected in a big way during 25. It just so happened that 26 coincided with Suicide Squad coming out and her character became ‘played out’ before the event really even started. Plus the merch that year did no favors to her or her fans either.
Yeah the merch was really bad that year. I really wished they would have taken some more time on that as well as the house. It could have been a really cool year with Chance but they blew it somewhat. Don’t know if Marketing was to blame for that or if it was just a mistake on the creative side

Reactions: Mockingjay
HHN 26 was my first time at HHN. I thought the marketing with Chance was really well done, as well as the merch. I even thought her zone was pretty cool and set a good tone for the event.

That being said - her house is the only thing I've ever done at HHN that I outright hated and wouldn't do again.

Funny article about when a Disney site tries to write about HHN :)

Now that Universal is celebrating Halloween Horror Nights 30 this year, and haunted houses such as Beetlejuice and Jack the Ripper have been announced, fans cannot wait to attend the event. Twitter is a breeding ground for Horror Nights fans to unite and discuss the event, and the official Halloween Horror Nights account (@HorrorNightsORL) is often the source of conversation.

I just want to bring back some speculation on the Halloween 3/Creepshow discussion for a second. Something I haven't seen anyone bring up is, why was Greg Nicotero (the executive producer of Shudder's Creepshow) at Universal in October of last year to appear in that Puppet Theater video? With someone as busy as him traveling to Florida at the height of the pandemic, it leads me to believe it was more than just because he happened to be in the neighborhood. With the event having been cancelled in July, by this point they likely knew Billie Eillish would be getting pulled for 2021 and they wanted a new IP. Creepshow having been rumored to be a zone as far back as at least June 2020, they would have had talks of making a zone for a while. So why be at Universal in the Fall of 2020? Unless it was for a creative meeting or something. "Hey Greg, one of our IP's is pulling out and we wanted to talk to you and the folks at Shudder about expanding Creepshow into a maze instead."

He shows up, they meet to discuss the maze, then hey while you're here can we schedule a video shoot to promote for next year? He would have an interest in generating buzz if the show he runs will be a part of the lineup. So it leads me to think they possibly had Creepshow as a scarezone for 2020 (which the Creep Pop! Figure in the Tribute Store and "Guest" on the scarezone shirt add support to) They meet with him on conceptualizing a maze instead for 2021 and then possibly as a way to please Shudder they offer to let them have a zone as well to highlight some of the original content they have or even an original collaborative creation like how they had "Fangoria presents Leave It To Cleaver" in 2009. It would also be like how with Rob Zombie they gave him a zone too when they wanted House of 1,000 Corpses.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Let me know what you think. Or ignore me, either way lol.

I just want to bring back some speculation on the Halloween 3/Creepshow discussion for a second. Something I haven't seen anyone bring up is, why was Greg Nicotero (the executive producer of Shudder's Creepshow) at Universal in October of last year to appear in that Puppet Theater video? With someone as busy as him traveling to Florida at the height of the pandemic, it leads me to believe it was more than just because he happened to be in the neighborhood. With the event having been cancelled in July, by this point they likely knew Billie Eillish would be getting pulled for 2021 and they wanted a new IP. Creepshow having been rumored to be a zone as far back as at least June 2020, they would have had talks of making a zone for a while. So why be at Universal in the Fall of 2020? Unless it was for a creative meeting or something. "Hey Greg, one of our IP's is pulling out and we wanted to talk to you and the folks at Shudder about expanding Creepshow into a maze instead."

He shows up, they meet to discuss the maze, then hey while you're here can we schedule a video shoot to promote for next year? He would have an interest in generating buzz if the show he runs will be a part of the lineup. So it leads me to think they possibly had Creepshow as a scarezone for 2020 (which the Creep Pop! Figure in the Tribute Store and "Guest" on the scarezone shirt add support to) They meet with him on conceptualizing a maze instead for 2021 and then possibly as a way to please Shudder they offer to let them have a zone as well to highlight some of the original content they have or even an original collaborative creation like how they had "Fangoria presents Leave It To Cleaver" in 2009. It would also be like how with Rob Zombie they gave him a zone too when they wanted House of 1,000 Corpses.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Let me know what you think. Or ignore me, either way lol.
I was thinking about this the other day too. Also the shudder zone is right next to the creepshow house so it makes me wonder if the house will be solely the original film and the zone will be the show with other characters from shudder

They have a good working relationship with him (just think of how much work they did together with all The Walking Dead years at the event). Speculation was that Shrek was going to be a Creepshow house last year until Billie was "forced" onto them and they had to pivot. The fact that he showed up for that filming session when Creepshow had already been scrapped for the event (I'm assuming that, but if Puppet Theatre was fully built it has to have been) shows that relationship. Plus the Shudder scarezone, that is believed to be featuring Creepshow, gives another reason for him to be there.

And he's one of the premier makeup effects artists in history, so why wouldn't you want to give him a tour of your houses and get his input.

Reactions: Mockingjay
Status
Not open for further replies.