Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda random but my friends have a room at Saphire for HHN. Is it an issue for them to have me added to their room for the trip and have me issued a key. We will be flying in so there won’t be any parking or anything and we are AP so we don’t need tickets or anything until they release multi night packs. But I’ve never stayed on sight before.

Depending on how many people are registered to the room, they could hit you with an extra person fee of $15 per night. I’m not sure if the non-express hotels enforce it, but the express pass hotels do.

I don’t see how they can do a whole house to SOTW, BUT... I WOULD appreciate at least the song playing, seeing the commercial, and a room with the mask bugs eating peoples heads... then you leave that room and the classic Halloween music starts and we go into HK. As long as it’s done well, I’m not hung up on IP.

Depending on how many people are registered to the room, they could hit you with an extra person fee of $15 per night. I’m not sure if the non-express hotels enforce it, but the express pass hotels do.
That is fine with me. I cannot even remember if SF does express for horror nights or regular park but either way we never worry about getting express.

That is fine with me. I cannot even remember if SF does express for horror nights or regular park but either way we never worry about getting express.
No, Sapphire Falls doesn’t give express passes. It’s not considered a “premium” resort, but it does get the water taxi and I’m sure it’s beautiful. I’m staying there for HHN as well. I’m wondering if I’ll be able to just cross the street over to cabana bay to check out the jacked up experience.

No, Sapphire Falls doesn’t give express passes. It’s not considered a “premium” resort, but it does get the water taxi and I’m sure it’s beautiful. I’m staying there for HHN as well. I’m wondering if I’ll be able to just cross the street over to cabana bay to check out the jacked up experience.

You should be able to no problem. CB and SF are connected via the garden walk, so you shouldn't need to worry about trying to run across Adventure Way w/ no cross walk!

You will. It’s available to all hotel guests from any of the hotels.F32E3554-9495-445D-9760-B87C179165B0.jpeg

So with the recent events in Miami Dade Co. do we think Puppet Theatre may be impacted? Is it now going to be in bad taste to have a house whose whole premise is that a building collapsed?

That's actually a fair question--especially given the content nature. I wonder though--what could they even do to try to change the theater collapsing? Could they just say it's an abandoned puppet theater sprucing back to life in horrific ways?

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
So with the recent events in Miami Dade Co. do we think Puppet Theatre may be impacted? Is it now going to be in bad taste to have a house whose whole premise is that a building collapsed?
I was also wondering this. The event will be 2 months after the fact so maybe they would hope people will forget? Idk it seems like the theater collapsing was a major part of the house so who knows?

I was also wondering this. The event will be 2 months after the fact so maybe they would hope people will forget? Idk it seems like the theater collapsing was a major part of the house so who knows?

I don't think there's a problem. A tragedy of a residential building collapsing out of the blue in Florida, with horrendous loss of life is different from a San Fransisco theater being damaged in an earthquake entombing people who are in fine health as they're able to murder each other and make marionettes out of bodies. SOMEONE will complain, they always do.

That's not being insensitive, just pointing out a fact that fictional art, created PRIOR to an event (the video from last year is proof of that...let alone that it was built well over a year ago) shouldn't be seen as insensitive to real life events. Especially when it takes on a purely fictional and horror related tone. If it was set up that a high rise collapsed, killing most of the residents, and their ghosts haunted the building that WOULD be something that HAS to change. Crazed performers turning humans into puppets after an earthquake? Not so much.

Of course, the house hasn't been announced yet and most of the GP haven't seen the video. Change the synopsis to be that it's just an old, dilapidated, abandoned theatre that these demented people took up residence in years ago and it's falling apart around them as they turn homeless people / urban explorers into puppets using the left behind costumes and what not.. Don't need to talk about a building collapse (unless there are rooms specifically about that).

I don't think there's a problem. A tragedy of a residential building collapsing out of the blue in Florida, with horrendous loss of life is different from a San Fransisco theater being damaged in an earthquake entombing people who are in fine health as they're able to murder each other and make marionettes out of bodies. SOMEONE will complain, they always do.

That's not being insensitive, just pointing out a fact that fictional art, created PRIOR to an event (the video from last year is proof of that...let alone that it was built well over a year ago) shouldn't be seen as insensitive to real life events. Especially when it takes on a purely fictional and horror related tone. If it was set up that a high rise collapsed, killing most of the residents, and their ghosts haunted the building that WOULD be something that HAS to change. Crazed performers turning humans into puppets after an earthquake? Not so much.

Of course, the house hasn't been announced yet and most of the GP haven't seen the video. Change the synopsis to be that it's just an old, dilapidated, abandoned theatre that these demented people took up residence in years ago and it's falling apart around them as they turn homeless people / urban explorers into puppets using the left behind costumes and what not.. Don't need to talk about a building collapse (unless there are rooms specifically about that).
Not completely sure but I think the video said there’s a room when the theater collapses on us and there’s big subwoofers and everything

I think it’s too early to tell but it’s very possible that aspect is minimized. “Crazy puppet people in a theater” can still work without the “story”.
I think that happens frequently enough to houses without any controversy attached I could see it happening easily.

Most houses have a way more detailed backstory than they ever release to the public, or that the public even cares about, so omitting something like this wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility. Even if it is something intrinsic to the setting, I don't think it's a big deal to the majority of patrons.

If I remember hearing(and I could be wrong), Dollhouse of the Damned was technically set in an abandoned funeral home (thus the random "deep freeze" room), but it didn't really effect the enjoyment level not knowing that.

The insiders have been rather cryptic about the details of the TCM house, I recall either Legacy or Ringwraith saying it would be unlike any TCM house before

A construction company was accidentally told their last show(scheduled for demolition) was a day earlier than the actual final show date, so they begin tearing it down in the middle of a performance.

Still controversial?

DANGIT!

Reactions: Darko and CoopF22
I sure hope they don’t cancel OR change it. I think it’s time to stop being sensitive to feelings. It’s HHN. It’s Horror, blood, murder, monsters, fear, chaos, etc. If you can’t handle being scared then disney has an event for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.