Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm famous among my regular patrons but I doubt any of them will be coming to HHN to get their pic taken with me. Some of them would probably try if they could though...:eek:ut:

It won't be the second, if you're referring to the R. Lee Ermey remake. That was a New Line joint, and the house goes far enough back for WB to be an issue

I was referencing that one. I was mostly being cheeky, as I actually expect this one to mostly cover the original aesthetics (Chain Saw), with the added bonus of the commoners associating it with the new movie as well.

This would make sense with the rumors that the house will go by the same name.

Leatherface’s Return Gets an “R” Rating Under the Simple Title ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’

But if the movie is just getting it's MPAA rating and this house was completely built before the event was cancelled last July, was there enough filmed for creative to build a house around the latest movie?

Maybe this was filmed 18 months ago, scheduled for a fall release, then pushed back with the pandemic a few times, etc and Universal got a sneak peek at a work print or something, but it's hard to tell. And you'd think something like that, that clearly wasn't expensive to make and could have benefited from a halloween period launch probably would have gone right to VOD or sold to Netflix or something last fall to recoup the budget instead of sitting on it for a year.

But if the movie is just getting it's MPAA rating and this house was completely built before the event was cancelled last July, was there enough filmed for creative to build a house around the latest movie?

Maybe this was filmed 18 months ago, scheduled for a fall release, then pushed back with the pandemic a few times, etc and Universal got a sneak peek at a work print or something, but it's hard to tell. And you'd think something like that, that clearly wasn't expensive to make and could have benefited from a halloween period launch probably would have gone right to VOD or sold to Netflix or something last fall to recoup the budget instead of sitting on it for a year.
Generally, ratings are given fairly close to release date, I wouldn't put any store by that. Your "maybe" is the actual case.

Reactions: londonwerecat
The movie was shot last year and is a Legendary Pictures Production which is currently WB. I'm not saying it's based on the new movie. Just pointing out it's good synergy if they call the house "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" to coincide with the release of the new movie even if it's a mix/original/based on 2013's etc. Understanding why they would go with making a Texas Chainsaw maze for this year in general.

The movie was shot last year and is a Legendary Pictures Production which is currently WB. I'm not saying it's based on the new movie. Just pointing out it's good synergy if they call the house "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" to coincide with the release of the new movie even if it's a mix/original/based on 2013's etc. Understanding why they would go with making a Texas Chainsaw maze for this year in general.
Only issue I see is it’s supposedly a sequel like Halloween 2018 and would feature a old man leather face. It be weird to see both versions of leather face in the house.

FYI regarding ticket sales and houses: I spent 30 minutes on the phone setting up my hotel with an amazing staff person. She said, both with and without certainty, there are "HUGE ANNOUNCEMENTS" coming in the next 2 weeks including the entire lineup in one drop. She also said that the passholder hotel rates are expected to drop at that time, along with ticket sales.

She also mentioned 2 original characters as part of the event from the early years of HHN.

Take that for what you will.

Last edited:
There are so many iterations of TCM, that I wouldn't be surprised if this is it's a sequel to the second film since they had the original in 2016 and the 2003 remake in 2007. It's confusing and weird but I think that is what they may be doing???

Could be a Poltergeist situation. But from what has been said it is pretty much the original TCM.
The vibe I’ve gotten from the house since the first I heard about it “original take.” While it may use the look of the original movie, I don’t expect to even really be “based on” the movie. I expect it to be more like Blood Brothers or even the 2007 The Thing house.

There’s a lot of speculation in that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.