Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This was probably already answered, but I'm not sure where to look for it, so sorry to ask again but why was the entrence to bugs moved to make that "5 mile hike" and not kept the same as before?

This was probably already answered, but I'm not sure where to look for it, so sorry to ask again but why was the entrence to bugs moved to make that "5 mile hike" and not kept the same as before?
To try to alleviate the congestion that forms in front of that MIB area. It kinda worked, but that line was BRUTAL.

BRUTAL is right! I’ll take the congestion in front of MIB over the horrendous walk any day. God I hope they don’t do that again, but I know it’s highly likely. I hope they bring back the MIB tent as an 11th house.

The queue for bugs typically reached the MIB extended queue on most nights anyway, so their plan worked. It's just a pain at the start/end of the event night when there are no waits.

One thing they need to do (and they sort of addressed) is make the signs that distinguish express/standby much larger/obvious AND make an Express "check" pre-queue since express can clog up the entry quite bad with TMs checking express and guests being confused as to where to go.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
The queue for bugs typically reached the MIB extended queue on most nights anyway, so their plan worked. It's just a pain at the start/end of the event night when there are no waits.

One thing they need to do (and they sort of addressed) is make the signs that distinguish express/standby much larger/obvious AND make an Express "check" pre-queue since express can clog up the entry quite bad with TMs checking express and guests being confused as to where to go.
Marathon running Bugs at the end of the night sucked so much. That "5-mile hike" better not return next year lmao. Trying to marathon run Bugs and Descendants at the same time sucked as well.

Reactions: Darko and Coolbfitz
Yeah, if I had any feedback about this year, looping most houses at the end of the night was impossible due to the queue locations.

Obviously my preference matters little compared to the park operations, but I concur with the opinions on the queues at the back of the park. The distances were brutal.

How many of you have been to knott's scary farm? My reaction to Dead Man's pier was "Oh this is like a knott's house great!". I know they don't do everything new every year but I found knott's pretty significantly superior. I guess that may depend on what terribly operations people have to deal with or it not being their first time.
Knotts is the best theme park haunt in the United States IMO

HHN Orlando is a bit too corprate-y to achieve that level at this point

After this year’s Queues were an absolute mess, curious how they’ll handle them next year. They were absolutely awful this year for sure.

Didn’t pay much attention, but how did the MEETZ butcher shop stand do in Sting Alley? Was It Ever bottlenecked or anything?

Also No idea What Is going on with my phone’s auto-correct And Auto-capitalization. It’s Quite wonky right now I know.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
After this year’s Queues were an absolute mess, curious how they’ll handle them next year. They were absolutely awful this year for sure.

Didn’t pay much attention, but how did the MEETZ butcher shop stand do in Sting Alley? Was It Ever bottlenecked or anything?

Also No idea What Is going on with my phone’s auto-correct And Auto-capitalization. It’s Quite wonky right now I know.
When I was there, it was rarely busy. Sting Alley is usually dead during the event, so I was expecting it to be uber-packed this year because there was actually something for guests to see/do in there.

They should've had Meaty Meetz at the exit of the Meetz Locker.

Reactions: Darko
Marathon running Bugs at the end of the night sucked so much. That "5-mile hike" better not return next year lmao. Trying to marathon run Bugs and Descendants at the same time sucked as well.
Yeah, if I had any feedback about this year, looping most houses at the end of the night was impossible due to the queue locations.

Obviously my preference matters little compared to the park operations, but I concur with the opinions on the queues at the back of the park. The distances were brutal.
I found Pier and Chupacabra a little difficult to marathon run at the end of the night, but nowhere near as difficult as trying to do it with Bugs, The Weeknd, and Legends Collide.

I wonder if any people had negative reactions of houses like bugs because of the walks, I know lines can get long, but the distance itself could have bothered guests maybe. ( After such a lengthy walk, then the house would not appear as good )

Every time I passed by MEETZ it seemed empty. Who knows how it did regularly, but I almost never saw a crowd in there, only a couple of people here and there
I don't even know if you could go in there without wanting to buy something. I don't know if people could walk in there

The Meetz stand was popular the first few event nights, after that it rarely had a wait. You couldn't really see the food stand unless you knew it was back there. They also made the menus very small/not obvious to those walking past it.

Reactions: Lucky Planet