Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on the map...sorry for being a wet blanket:

I feel like we don't have the WOW headliner. In the past, Legacy asked HNN to not put Ghostbusters on the spec map for fear that it might cause a Game of Thrones type issue. The lack of a Shrek house on the Map coupled with this makes me think something is intentionally missing. Not like the A+ headliner would be in Shrek, but something seems intentionally off.

Last of Us and Evil Dead - I'd be SHOCKED if either was video game based. Resident Evil and Hill House were both more based on the movies. Universal STUDIOS is where you go to live the movies. Yes, I know, Super Nintendo is at some parks already so they're clearly branching out into that area, but doubt they'd be adapting any non Nintendo video games in Orlando while ground is just being broken on Super Nintendo Land. Also, people get SO MAD at the casting of every videogame movie and how it doesn't live up to their expectations (Tom Holland is one of the hottest actors in the world and people were mad he's the lead in Uncharted). If you have human beings acting in a show/movie, you can emulate that much easier and look accurate to the source material.

I had no idea it was Weeknd and not Weekend, thought that was some kind of hint/clue at first. Not my cup of tea, but the visuals from his videos look awesome and he put on a pretty good Superbowl Halftime show. Looking forward to see what they can pull off.

Be careful judging the name of houses and assuming you know what it is and how much you're gonna love it. Depths of Fear was #1 on many a hype list (including mine) and that was even after the official synopsis was released.

How Halloween, at an event called HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS, appearing again at the 31st annual event (when there are like a dozen movies in the series and they haven't done half of them) still bothers people is beyond me. People get mad when Jack's not at the event, and then get mad when Halloween is. Huh?

Having said all that, I think the current spec map, which will 100% change over time, looks pretty damn awesome. Evil Dead is at the top of my list of favorite franchises and the sheer number of originals makes me happy (which is a big flip from where I was a decade ago when I was all about the IPs). A Halloween Event without a Michael Meyers (or Halloween III) appearance is always disappointing so super thrilled that it's possibly returning.

I mean yeah it’s called Halloween Horror nights, but have no idea why that means Halloween should be a well received IP. HHN has done it multiple times in the last years and at its core it’s the same Michael Masks with knives popping out. No matter if you change the setting to a hospital to a house it just meh to me.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I'm a little shocked that "The Last of Us" gets a bit of hate. If done correctly, Clickers and bloaters are pretty awesome monsters to portray. I can easily imagine a larger quieter room with clicker actors awaiting for people to make a sound. It MAY be difficult to do just because of the crowds, but I'm excited to see what they might be able to do with the IP as a big fan of the video game (if its true).

I'm a little shocked that "The Last of Us" gets a bit of hate. If done correctly, Clickers and bloaters are pretty awesome monsters to portray. I can easily imagine a larger quieter room with clicker actors awaiting for people to make a sound. It MAY be difficult to do just because of the crowds, but I'm excited to see what they might be able to do with the IP as a big fan of the video game (if its true).
If nothing else, the sound design for this house (if it happens) will be bonkers.

If this is true, and it isn't the tv show...The Last Of Us coming to the event is a huge win for us gamers. We've waited so long for another game IP and I feel this will translate better to the General Public than Silent Hill / Resident Evil did.

Definitely has potential to be seen as Seeds of Extinction 2 though. So hope they add in some good solid locations. A winter scene maybe?

If this event happened tomorrow with that list, even with the one show, I would happily throw my money at Universal.

Just gonna say as Hollywood goer, (Assuming Orlando and Hollywood lineup is true), I’m already jealous of you guys with The Last Of Us…

Why do I get the feeling he’s not talking about himself?

Could be a reach here, but Legacy keeps emphasizing #Everybody when talking about IP’s and if they are/are not Movie/TV.

Logic (primarily a musical artist, but also has written a book and is getting into film) has a 2017 album called Everybody. Could Logic be involved with The Weeknd in regards to collaborating on something for the event?

He is currently in a contract with Def Jam, who’s owned by Universal..

Glad to see I wasn’t the only one to posit a connection between Seaside and Dead Man’s Wharf. I could be off-base but it would be great to see those costumes & characters again :heart:

I can see a lot for Uni to promote with this lineup. Whether we like it or not, Weeknd will put the GP in the park. Personally, The Buttress makes more appealing music and horror aesthetics, but Uni would never tap into her for a litany of reasons, not just lack of fame lol. So I’ll take what we can get.

Although my initial guess for this year was a Gillman house, the Mummy is also one of my all-time favorite monsters and I can’t wait to see a full house that hopefully taps more into his domain featuring Wolfy visiting than vice-versa.

things may very well change like last year, but fun initial tease!

Reactions: Tobias
I could see Halloween changing to something else in a future spec map. Also, there is not really a clarification of which Halloween it is.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Overall I'm excited for this year's lineup, as always, the originals intrigue me the most. But I will admit, I am extremely jealous Hollywood gets a Scarecrow house and Orlando doesn't, I missed the house the last time it was at the event :(
Hopefully we get another scarecrow house in orlando soon

Status
Not open for further replies.