Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely feel like The Last of Us was an addition that was kind of a “trigger pulled to early” situation. I DEFINITELY think there are serious talks about it coming to the event but I’m almost certain it’s for next year. This isn’t insider information just like what kind of makes sense in my head, I’m probably wrong. Unless TLOU show releases in like January of next year or something
Yeah I think that what’s (probably) happened with Last of Us is it was genuinely supposed to come this year at one point but the show got delayed so the house has also been pushed back to next year.

I’m skeptical on Halloween for the reason that a specific Halloween film wasn’t specified. That to me just screams “this is a placeholder/misdirect”

Yeah, my gut feeling says that The Last of Us and Halloween aren't set in stone like some others. For me TLoU is a big enough property that both coasts would be aiming to get, barring any contract screw-ups of course. Now a 2nd Seeds of Extinction house could be the actual possibility.

As for Halloween, not having any subtitle to indicate which one feels a little telling this could be a placeholder. Not unless they're being cheeky and doing the original movie again because HHN is literally 31.

My thoughts on the spec map:

1. Mummy vs. Wolfman- YES. Two monsters from completely unrelated domains battle. Absolutely!
2. Seaside Village- I've been waiting for them to do something like this as a house, and I absolutely think this would be an incredible house.
3. Fear Street- I watched all 3 films recently and I fell in love with them. This house would absolutely be incredible!!!
4. The Last of Us- I don't know much about this IP, but if it's announced I'll do my research so I can enjoy the proposed house!
5. Curse of Pandora's Box- This could be the scariest house if executed correctly. I would have high expectations.
6. El Chupacabra- This would be a stellar house!
7. Underground Creatures- This could go in basically any direction they'd like and that intrigues me.
8. The Evil Dead- If it is anything like what I've seen of the sets from the old Evil Dead house (I know that was based on the remake), this will be visually stunning!
9. Halloween- I've never had the opportunity to go through a Halloween house, so I would be very excited!
10. The Weeknd- After some long thought, this would work and it would be a very fresh and new type of experience for the event to tackle.

Yeah I think that what’s (probably) happened with Last of Us is it was genuinely supposed to come this year at one point but the show got delayed so the house has also been pushed back to next year.

I’m skeptical on Halloween for the reason that a specific Halloween film wasn’t specified. That to me just screams “this is a placeholder/misdirect”
Last of Us is out. I think Halloween is coming and it's not a placeholder. It's the 31st event and it makes no sense to not bring Michael Myers. It's probably the original film. Didn't Universal want to bring it back one day?

Last of Us is out. I think Halloween is coming and it's not a placeholder. It's the 31st event and it makes no sense to not bring Michael Myers. It's probably the original film. Didn't Universal want to bring it back one day?
A recreation of the house from 25 with some enhancements would make sense. It was an awesome house and very popular among the gp.

A recreation of the house from 25 with some enhancements would make sense. It was an awesome house and very popular among the gp.

My only problem about it's rumor is the location. The original at 24 had such an epic façade (arguably one of the best IMHO), that won't be able hit as hard in a soundstage. It relied on people standing and watching it in line for at least a few minutes.

Reactions: hunnylvr and JMalez
Anyone else wonder if a Seaside Village might be visited by a shark? If so, we are going to need a bigger house..........

The local haunt Sir Henry's (about an hour outside Orlando) had a Seaside Village themed haunt. They had a scene where when you were on a bridge and a giant mechcanical shark popped out to scare you. The bridge also dropped an inch and tilted it was WILD. Definetly could of been the inspirining work for this house.

I don’t know if I buy the “it’s the 31st so they have to do Halloween” argument but if they do want to bring Halloween back whether it’s for that reason or not then bringing back the original film maze is the best possible move they could make. Would probably get significantly less backlash from the hardcore audience as well as be a GP favorite. Personally I’m still hoping for Scream though.

Completely random, but I just realized that Stranger Things isn't on either spec maps. I genuinely figured that would be a lock so it's pretty exciting to see all of these kind of "out of left field" properties pop up instead.
I really don’t see stranger things happening like I said because of the pandemic that caused the event to change to 2021 we will be getting Exclusives like Fear street on the Orlando side” Also season 4 happens in summer I don’t see it being a possibility this year that’s late and Fear street released in July last year which people loved it” Anyways Hollywood Gets Nope it’s a done deal don’t count on ST being a lock because of the new season plus Season 5 is the finale its going to be 2 years from now or next year until it comes to the event.

Aight, here are my two cents of the spec map:

Halloween: Being that Orlando's crowd is more iffy about repeats than Hollywood is, I agree with a lot of people that this simply feels like a placeholder. They've already done Halloween like three times already?Would they want to do a repeat of the original Halloween? I doubt it unless an IP they've been seeking doesn't work out. I think this is actually Scream and Halloween is the placeholder to not give our hopes up.

Evil Dead: Really hoping this the original Evil Dead. Wanted to see 1 and 2 be put into a house.

The Weeknd: Not a big fan of the Weeknd although the music is starting to grow on me a little. Still think it's a little upbeat for a horror event but hey, this could be the sleeper hit.

Fear Street: Not terribly overwhelmed by the show (Only saw half of the Camp one). Could be a fun house. Kinda odd its not being shared.

The Last of Us: Haven't played the games but it could be fun. I do think this will likely get cut for something else though.

Mummy Vs the Wolfman: Ancient Egyptian tombs aren't exactly a common theme for major horror events so I look forward to their take on the OG Mummy!

Seaside Village: I dig it. Has potential of having some really stellar set design.

Chupacabra: I feel like this could be AWiL but with a Hispanic Urban Legends twist. Hope this is where they go with it.

Underground Creatures: Should be pretty cool. Hoping its like Catacombs where its very narrow and tight spaced for some good scares.

Pandora's Box: Wasn't overwhelmed by Hollywood's house, but I look forward to see Orlando's take on this.

And there we have it

In regards to Halloween, is it a stretch to think this could be more based on Halloween Ends? Or be more of a mashup style house like Saw a few yrs ago, with a scene or two dedicated to the new movie?

As a Hollywood local I’m very hopeful for Pandora’s Box. Not sure if this is common knowledge to Orlando people or not, but our house was nearly 100% reused props painted neon. If you didn’t know about this it would have been a pretty decent house, but for those of us who have been going for years and recognized every prop it felt like a lazy execution of what actually is a really interesting premise. I’m really excited to see Orlando’s take on this concept done to its full potential.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Status
Not open for further replies.