Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys. They can't do the original Halloween or the Blumhouse sequels, unless something drastic has happened behind the scenes.
At the end of the day, what does it really matter? A Halloween house jus needs some ambitious Michaels. What would really be fun is if they could actually do something *new* with the property. Just spitballing, but Dead Exposure with Michael Myers, for instance.

Now this is another welcome speculation map, gives a slightly better impression of what could be coming at the moment. And it just hit me, when it comes to the possibility of another UCM house, we're gonna' have to figure out if Legacy classifies that as an IP or an Original. The wrong assumption could lead folks down the wrong path pretty fast.

Thanks! Oh...yeah...that isn't a great track record. That would explain why from 23 to now we haven't gotten any other video game IP based houses. I always wondered that. It really sucks, honestly! Cause I feel like games like Silent Hill, Resident Evil (any of them at this point) and The Last of Us are ripe for house ideas!! Guess it just comes down to execution. Maybe if Universal, and the designers, were given a good heads up they could have/be better. Really have enough time to do it super well, and bring that HHN charm to it.

Who knows? Maybe this is the year Universal will break that 0-2 lose streak.

The thing is, unlike Silent Hill, I do believe A&D was given plenty of heads up/time to work on Resident Evil, so that's not always a sure thing when it comes to quality. As for breaking that streak, it's all a big wait and see if they're actually taking on another one this year or not. Nothing's confirmed until Uni themselves announces it.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Now this is another welcome speculation map, gives a slightly better impression of what could be coming at the moment. And it just hit me, when it comes to the possibility of another UCM house, we're gonna' have to figure out if Legacy classifies that as an IP or an Original. The wrong assumption could lead folks down the wrong path pretty fast.

The thing is, unlike Silent Hill, I do believe A&D was given plenty of heads up/time to work on Resident Evil, so that's not always a sure thing when it comes to quality. As for breaking that streak, it's all a big wait and see if they're actually taking on another one this year or not. Nothing's confirmed until Uni themselves announces it.
I believe Legacy said at one point he considers the new Monsters houses as originals.

Edit: whoops

Last edited:
UCM is an IP. The design team has stated that they’re IPs and they have to get approval from Universal Pictures.

On the topic of video games, from what I've gathered the main sentiment for why they haven't been featured as often is just marketing. Video games are still more niche than movies and television, and much harder to get invested in. (Expensive designated hardware, physical skill and ability gatekeeping story elements from beginner players, longterm storytelling on the scale of television). I would love to see FNAF, TLOU, Bioshock, Amnesia, Castlevania, Dead Space, etc be included in the event more than most here probably, but unfortunately more times than not it just doesn't work logistically.

At the end of the day, what does it really matter? A Halloween house jus needs some ambitious Michaels. What would really be fun is if they could actually do something *new* with the property. Just spitballing, but Dead Exposure with Michael Myers, for instance.

Well, if they're doing Curse of Pandora's Box, I'd say that house would be quite apt for the Dead Exposure effect.

UCM is an IP. The design team has stated that they’re IPs and they have to get approval from Universal Pictures.

Thanks for the clarification, so that does make one of the clues intriguing considering the google sheet seems to be fairly split on what it could be.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I’d def pump the brakes on those expectations.
Yeah I figured. My best guess for first announcement would be Weeknd or Monsters (leaning towards the former though because of his tweet).

EDIT: Actually... wait, I think I might've just cracked it.

Monsters is the meta IP. Lemme explain:

This year's house is rumored to be revolved around the Mummy, and you know what's supposed to be reopening around the same time of HHN starting? Revenge of the Mummy. And what's taken over the Mummy store as it's getting its makeover? A Monsters tribute store. And if we're gonna be doing a Monsters house every year, might as well make it the first announcement to let us know which monster(s) the house will be focused on for the year.

Last edited:
Yeah I figured. My best guess for first announcement would be Weeknd or Monsters (leaning towards the former though because of his tweet).

EDIT: Actually... wait, I think I might've just cracked it.

Monsters is the meta IP. Lemme explain:

This year's house is rumored to be revolved around the Mummy, and you know what's supposed to be reopening around the same time of HHN starting? Revenge of the Mummy. And what's taken over the Mummy store as it's getting its makeover? A Monsters tribute store. And if we're gonna be doing a Monsters house every year, might as well make it the first announcement to let us know which monster(s) the house will be focused on for the year.

this was ALWAYS my guess for “meta”. The mummy is reopening. A mummy house makes 100% sense.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Notice again that there's no 3D house.

I think Chance might've killed them off.
3D houses were infrequent and routinely “not good” before Chance. For every In-Between there were ten mediocre attempts.

If Universal comes up with an idea that works in chromadepth, and they want to run with it, they will. The current team just doesn’t have a taste for it.

3D houses were infrequent and routinely “not good” before Chance. For every In-Between there were ten mediocre attempts.

If Universal comes up with an idea that works in chromadepth, and they want to run with it, they will. The current team just doesn’t have a taste for it.
Understandable.

Am I the only one that liked Asylum and Chance?

What was it about the In-Between that made it successful compared to other 3-D houses? Im curious about the Universal Classic Monsters, wouldn’t the fact that they’re from their own gallery mean the creative team of Uni would have no qualms using them whenever they want?

Status
Not open for further replies.