Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was it about the In-Between that made it successful compared to other 3-D houses? Im curious about the Universal Classic Monsters, wouldn’t the fact that they’re from their own gallery mean the creative team of Uni would have no qualms using them whenever they want?

An IB sequel would potentially get me back.

Reactions: hunnylvr
What was it about the In-Between that made it successful compared to other 3-D houses? Im curious about the Universal Classic Monsters, wouldn’t the fact that they’re from their own gallery mean the creative team of Uni would have no qualms using them whenever they want?
In-Between was a perfect storm of never-before-attempted scenes (Infinity Room, Wall-crawl), narrative simplicity, and a cast that understood the assignment and executed it with intensity. Chromadepth houses are not traditional. Scares in them require a lot more patience but also a lot more over-performance to make things obvious. That cast just figured it out in a way most other cast can’t.

(Fans tend to forget when they ask for houses to come back, the cast of a house is more important to a house’s success than the design).

Regarding the Monsters, the parks have to get approval to use the Monsters for a couple of reasons. One is unity of presentation - Universal, as a company, doesn’t want the parks presenting “classic” if a new, reimagined version is getting announced. Another reason is to ensure what the parks present is fully inline with Universal’s own imaging requirements for rights usage. Pictures “own” the films, so they have final legal authority on how the characters can and cannot be presented.

In-Between was a perfect storm of never-before-attempted scenes (Infinity Room, Wall-crawl), narrative simplicity, and a cast that understood the assignment and executed it with intensity. Chromadepth houses are not traditional. Scares in them require a lot more patience but also a lot more over-performance to make things obvious. That cast just figured it out in a way most other cast can’t.

(Fans tend to forget when they ask for houses to come back, the cast of house is more important to a house’s success than the design).

Regarding the Monsters, the parks have to get approval to use the Monsters for a couple of reasons. One is unity of presentation - Universal, as a company, doesn’t want the parks presenting “classic” if a new, reimagined version is getting announced. Another reason is to ensure what the parks present is fully inline with Universal’s own imaging requirements for rights usage. Pictures “own” the films, so they have final legal authority on how the characters can and cannot be presented.

Legacy pretty much beat me to the punch on the In-Between being a perfect storm of a house. Especially considering Afterlife: Death's Vengeance used several effects and costumes from I-B, and yet it didn't land the same way it did for I-B. (You could also add that Afterlife's narrative was...not as simple as the In-Between.)

The Weeknd house I could see being modeled after a club with the music playing obviously and then the characters and imagery from the videos. The Dawn FM Experience on Prime has that type of environment that could translate to an opening room

What's the over under on getting an announcement this week or next ya'll think? With Mardi Gras coming to the end this week in the park the only next big event for them to my knowledge (and that is very limited when it comes to Universal for now) is HHN so it should be full steam ahead now.

Edit. It just came to my attention I was off by a whole month when Mardi Gras is in the parks.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, lol! I'm pretty sure that the tent goes a little farther back. If you look on google maps, it seems like there is a decent amount of room!
Can someone familiar with that queue do an overlay on Google maps so we can see where the tent is situated?

I'm mostly curious about queue space around Fast and Furious. Would they just.. close the attraction during HHN season?

Or just close it while the event is running and use the F&F queue?

• Sad
Reactions: Ahmanet
Status
Not open for further replies.