Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scream was an optimistic possibility for a while there, but I think that was ultimately more wishful thinking than sound spec. I'm sure they tried, given the timing/new film/exit of previous IP owners.

Gremlins I don't think was ever happening. No idea why people kept trumpeting that one.

I never thought Halloween was coming. Last of Us appears to be a red herring.
Hmmm interesting, so nothing technically has actually happened to deconfirm them then? We all knew the Scream rights would be tough after the 2015 debacle but I had hoped with the new film’s success and Paramount seemingly wanting to go all in on it as a franchise now they would warm back up to it. Then again they’ve always been notoriously awful at IP management so if it didn’t/doesn’t work out again that wouldn’t be too shocking at all.

As for Gremlins there have been a few hints that we’ll get a family friendly IP property showing up in some way this year so I can see why people would jump at the thought of a Gremlins house. The hunter did say it wasn’t necessarily gonna be a house so maybe Gremlin’s will go the Trick R Treat/Killer Klowns route and start off as a Scarezone this year.

I think Halloween is either staying or changing to another IP, then TLoU changed to an original. 5 IP's, 5 originals.

(or replace Halloween with an original and give us a 6/4 split again... wouldn't be complaining...)

I'd be a lil careful in assuming that speculated IP's are staying IP's or switching to originals, since it just hit me. While HHNightmare's spec map has given us ten houses to speculate (Seven IP's, Three Originals.), Legacy has only given us clues for Seven houses...Three IP's and Four Originals so far. Huh, there's already a discrepancy there...HHNightmares doesn't have Curse of Pandora's Box marked as a original. However the Legacy clue which has folks speculating as Curse of Pandora's Box is marked as a original.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Well that was fast so The Last of Us everyone is knocking out as a possibility already? :( Bummer! But also thrilled at the idea of F&F being a house location just because so many areas feel "empty" during HHN even if because of construction I am thrilled to implement the event in these traditionally dead spaces

I'd be a lil careful in assuming that speculated IP's are staying IP's or switching to originals, since it just hit me. While HHNightmare's spec map has given us ten houses to speculate (Seven IP's, Three Originals.), Legacy has only given us clues for Seven houses...Three IP's and Four Originals so far. Huh, there's already a discrepancy there...HHNightmares doesn't have Curse of Pandora's Box marked as a original. However the Legacy clue which has folks speculating as Curse of Pandora's Box is marked as a original.
Because I haven’t posted a clue to Pandora’s Box…

Finally opting to ask this, what is defined as the B-Plot? Is it another concept made by you like that Shakespeare maze you thought of?

If so, then I want to see more of that fun in tow!

Seems to be hinting at The Babysitter from Netflix. Following the methodology of reversing the number plus 1, converting to a date and matching to American Dad this is season 9 episode 6 - Adventures in Hayleysitting. Could be a fun IP to do, as from memory there’s some very creative kills here :).

Edit - having just watched the episode it could also potentially be Halloween 5 (scene involving a roll In the hay in a barn), or Scream or other 90’s slasher (teenagers having a house party).

Last edited:
I've seen the baby- sitter. I think its cool and has good kills. I just really hope that it doesnt take a spot for The Last Of Us. Even though TLOU is already in a weird spot.

Last edited:
I think I must finally say this. How can Gremlins be a house? What are people really expecting them to do with that movie other than fill a house full of small puppets which would cost more to make than the costume and make up for fully grown humans for some type of other house. Just someone run the logistics by me cause I don't see a way it will ever be a house

I think I must finally say this. How can Gremlins be a house? What are people really expecting them to do with that movie other than fill a house full of small puppets which would cost more to make than the costume and make up for fully grown humans for some type of other house. Just someone run the logistics by me cause I don't see a way it will ever be a house

So, I personally think that house might be a bit of a struggle to pull off as well. I think you might be able to work it into a scarezone with a lot of little show elements. But, I'll play devil's advocate for a minute.

They've been doing a lot more puppetry lately. I'm thinking of things like we saw in Puppet Theater, Krampus' attic scene, and some of the bigger face characters like in Wicked Growth and Case Files. So, they've shown that they can pull that off, especially with some of Puppet Theater's scares.

On top of that, you can do a lot of scares without featuring the actual gremlins. Things like having Billy and Kate jump out and say a line, have Billy's Mom fighting a Gremlin in the kitchen (maybe with a fake Gremlin attached to her head/neck).

If they're able to stretch into New Batch territory, that opens the possibilities up even more. They could really play with the sizes of the gremlins, or even (maybe) create some of their own hybrids.

Hmmm interesting, so nothing technically has actually happened to deconfirm them then? We all knew the Scream rights would be tough after the 2015 debacle but I had hoped with the new film’s success and Paramount seemingly wanting to go all in on it as a franchise now they would warm back up to it. Then again they’ve always been notoriously awful at IP management so if it didn’t/doesn’t work out again that wouldn’t be too shocking at all.

As for Gremlins there have been a few hints that we’ll get a family friendly IP property showing up in some way this year so I can see why people would jump at the thought of a Gremlins house. The hunter did say it wasn’t necessarily gonna be a house so maybe Gremlin’s will go the Trick R Treat/Killer Klowns route and start off as a Scarezone this year.
Gremlins is on my house wish-list but I think it would really well as a zone.

As far as family-friendly.. does anyone still think we could get Scooby Doo?

Reactions: Ahmanet
Seems to be hinting at The Babysitter from Netflix. Following the methodology of reversing the number plus 1, converting to a date and matching to American Dad this is season 9 episode 6 - Adventures in Hayleysitting. Could be a fun IP to do, as from memory there’s some very creative kills here :).

Edit - having just watched the episode it could also potentially be Halloween 5 (scene involving a roll In the hay in a barn), or Scream or other 90’s slasher (teenagers having a house party).

Kelly on the HHN Reddit server mentioned on the B-Plot of the episode. In the B-Plot, Roger is seen throughout the episode as a carriage driver. Of what kind of carriage? Horse-powered carriage's of-course.

Now what else in the terms of a Horror IP has horses in as a notable element in it's nature? The easiest comes to mind, as NOPE (as Kelly also pointed out).

While true I don’t think they want a super polarizing drop first. If you expect it to get some backlash which it will, you don’t drop it first IMO. If you get a bunch of people yelling on twitter he’s not horror and HHN is going soft for your first drop then you’re gonna have a bad time.

The only backlash it would receive is from a few diehard fans that want Metallica instead.

While true I don’t think they want a super polarizing drop first. If you expect it to get some backlash which it will, you don’t drop it first IMO. If you get a bunch of people yelling on twitter he’s not horror and HHN is going soft for your first drop then you’re gonna have a bad time.
They said the exact same thing with Stranger Things and beetlejuice and both were announced first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts