Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone familiar with that queue do an overlay on Google maps so we can see where the tent is situated?

For what it's worth, this is the MiB tent (in orange) set against the location of this new tent. It looks like the new tent is about 2/3 the size of the MiB tent, but that's a really rough estimate :)

MIB Tent Overlay.png

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Either just dates or dates and fear street is my hunch
I honestly think they might announce The Weeknd first considering he did 2 twitter posts. Dates most likely will follow, and fear street might be a second announcement. That's my guess at least

This was posted to twitter a while back, also has speculated queue area.

NGL the overflow line could possibly be the street next to the soundstages, I mean it's probably the weekend that is gonna be in that house, so the line might be insane a lot of nights

From an advertising perspective Gremlins or Scream would be the best to announce first since they would be the biggest GP draws and a prime part of the overall ad campaign for the event like how they started out with Beetlejuice/Ghostbusters/Stranger Things prior years. Of course whether or not those houses are happening is still entirely up in the air so sitting on those is also a decent move to keep the die hards engaged throughout the announcement process wondering if/when they might get announced and if “this will be the one”. If we look at it from both angles (as in “what’s the house that will probably get the biggest overall attention that the die hards already pretty much know about”) then I’d probably say Fear Street should/will be first. That said announcing The Weeknd first also has some merit to it since it would at the very least get people talking about whether or not it should even be there which at that point “all press is good press.”

Last edited:
From an advertising perspective Gremlins or Scream would be the best to announce first since they would be the biggest GP draws and a prime part of the overall ad campaign for the event like how they started out with Beetlejuice/Ghostbusters/Stranger Things prior years. Of course whether or not those houses are happening is still entirely up in the air so sitting on those is also a decent move to keep the die hards engaged throughout the announcement process wondering if/when they might get announced and if “this will be the one”. If we look at it from both angles (as in “what’s the house that will probably get the biggest overall attention that the die hards already pretty much know about”) then I’d probably say Fear Street should/will be first. That said announcing The Weeknd first also has some merit to it since it would at the very least get people talking about whether or not it should even be there which at that point “all press is good press.”

The Weeknd would be the first. His music way more popular than Scream or Gremlins combined... or just about any IP used before.

The Weeknd would be the first. His music way more popular than Scream or Gremlins combined... or just about any IP used before.
While true I don’t think they want a super polarizing drop first. If you expect it to get some backlash which it will, you don’t drop it first IMO. If you get a bunch of people yelling on twitter he’s not horror and HHN is going soft for your first drop then you’re gonna have a bad time.

They really shouldn't.
Has something happened over the past few days that makes those two properties seem unlikely now? Genuinely asking cause last time I was fully attentive to the speculation it seemed pretty certain that either Halloween, Last of Us, or both weren’t happening and that Grenlins and/or Scream were the “favorites” as the true houses.

Y’all wondering where the Supercharged house and queue would go. I’m sitting here wondering if we’re getting two house locations out of it.
Wait whaaaaa?

No Shrek and no MIB, so new tent next to F&F and a house using the queue?

Has something happened over the past few days that makes those two properties seem unlikely now? Genuinely asking cause last time I was fully attentive to the speculation it seemed pretty certain that either Halloween, Last of Us, or both weren’t happening and that Grenlins and/or Scream were the “favorites” as the true houses.

Scream was an optimistic possibility for a while there, but I think that was ultimately more wishful thinking than sound spec. I'm sure they tried, given the timing/new film/exit of previous IP owners.

Gremlins I don't think was ever happening. No idea why people kept trumpeting that one.

I never thought Halloween was coming. Last of Us appears to be a red herring.

Scream was an optimistic possibility for a while there, but I think that was ultimately more wishful thinking than sound spec. I'm sure they tried, given the timing/new film/exit of previous IP owners.

Gremlins I don't think was ever happening. No idea why people kept trumpeting that one.

I never thought Halloween was coming. Last of Us appears to be a red herring.
I think Halloween is either staying or changing to another IP, then TLoU changed to an original. 5 IP's, 5 originals.

(or replace Halloween with an original and give us a 6/4 split again... wouldn't be complaining...)

Reactions: Ahmanet
Status
Not open for further replies.