Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 282 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the video's I'm seeing I thought it was the first image below, but what I remember most was the second image.. I don't remember seeing the first picture at all, no idea how I forgot all of this as I recall loving this one and Puppet most. 26 with the memory of an 80 year old I suppose..

View attachment 16905 View attachment 16906

I’m pretty sure the first picture is the Pumpkin Lord.

I’m pretty sure the first picture is the Pumpkin Lord.
Okay, yeah, I concur. To quote someone from the Wicked Growth thread last year..

Well, opening weekend Wicked Growth was too good for this world, it was never going to last.

Only Night 3: already three pumpkins have been smashed in. :enrage: At this rate, with the Broken Window Effect and all, by October half of them will be gone.

Also
the giant pumpkin head seemed down last night
and the Pumpkin Lord himself was MIA. Didn't feel like a cast change, but even if it was, hold up the crowd, like with the transformation scene in AWiL--that's the climactic finale to the house. Given obvious empty holes and BJ, I fear the worst.

I'll be honest, just depressed me, put a damper on the rest of my night. Why we can't have nice things and all that. But that first one is on A&D---you can't leave props within reach of unsupervised guests unless that stuff is indestructible.

Seems like at times, albeit I'm sure small windows, the Pumpkin Lord could have stepped off stage. That said, I'm positive he wasn't there for me.. I definitely would have remembered something that wicked. He looks amazing.

Sorry for derailing staff. Carry on. :whistle:

The first pic is the pumpkin lord, the 2nd pic was around the middle of the house I believe.(after the bridge?)

Yes, the giant pumpkin head was in the middle of the house, right after the bridge.

And I went through Wicked Growth like 15 times last year. I think 2 of those the Pumpkin Lord was missing. Just the big pumpkin sitting there empty. Those were sad runs, as I missed being able to give praise to our new savior..

Reactions: hunnylvr
What's with Casper???

That was the first leak that got purged from the site and had people freaking out that Casper was replacing Evil Dead.

Seeing the new merch, it's clear that like Chucky who always shows up and is rarely at the event, Casper is a well known IP that has a ghost that could easily be marketed when talking about "traditional halloween". Wouldn't be shocked to have a Casper trick or Treator or some kind of prop in one of the zones.

Remember at the beginning of spec there was a rumor of a family-friendly property? It was never coming to the event but this is how people started guessing.
This whole time, we thought Scooby Doo was teasing us….provoking us…..laughing mercilessly at our suspense and anxiety over the event possibly becoming too kid-friendly. But this whole time it was Casper. He was behind it this whole time. The madman.

hopefully they will look into doing a "dark ride" themed house like knotts have cause it's amazing!
As I previously stated, the original Scary Tales in 2001 WAS an abandoned dark ride concept. Original name was "Terrorland". Sadly every iteration of Scary Tales after 2001 abandoned the dark ride concept & went for specific overarching themes.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Okay, yeah, I concur. To quote someone from the Wicked Growth thread last year..

Seems like at times, albeit I'm sure small windows, the Pumpkin Lord could have stepped off stage. That said, I'm positive he wasn't there for me.. I definitely would have remembered something that wicked. He looks amazing.

Sorry for derailing staff. Carry on. :whistle:

Funny story about the Pumpkin Lord, actually.

You say he might not have been there, which is totally plausible, but in my case, i think he may have been blending in and you might not have gotten close enough to trigger the jump scare.

Think of someone sitting at a desk in a chair, their entire bottom half can be hidden behind the desk and -if they so choose- can just kinda lay the top of their torso on the top of the desk, fallen forward.
THIS was the position he was in when i entered the room and my girlfriend was behind me. I walked up to the pumpkin and noticed, he was hiding there, pretending to like BE a part of the massive pumpkin, laying forward. I could see the spine of his back looked like a part of the pumpkin and his horns looked like gnarly roots, so it looked like the TOP of the pumpkin, blending in well if you couldn't mark the shape of a person in there.
So i call over to my girl, "Hey, check this out-" pointing at something on the pumpkin and took two steps back. As she approached and brought her face in, the pumpkin lord sat up and f---ing screamed, letting out the mist in that particular section, and causing the (green?) lights in the room to flicker.
My girl just about jumped out of her skin, running out of there.
I think i laughed so hard i cried.

I wanted to give my lord a higheth of fives for a scare well done.

The merch is GORGEOUS. This isn't gonna be good for my bank account.

Looks like more scarezone props popping up in New York and Central Park. Interesting banners on the stairs to the large prop in NY!

Funny story about the Pumpkin Lord, actually.

You say he might not have been there, which is totally plausible, but in my case, i think he may have been blending in and you might not have gotten close enough to trigger the jump scare.

Think of someone sitting at a desk in a chair, their entire bottom half can be hidden behind the desk and -if they so choose- can just kinda lay the top of their torso on the top of the desk, fallen forward.
THIS was the position he was in when i entered the room and my girlfriend was behind me. I walked up to the pumpkin and noticed, he was hiding there, pretending to like BE a part of the massive pumpkin, laying forward. I could see the spine of his back looked like a part of the pumpkin and his horns looked like gnarly roots, so it looked like the TOP of the pumpkin, blending in well if you couldn't mark the shape of a person in there.
So i call over to my girl, "Hey, check this out-" pointing at something on the pumpkin and took two steps back. As she approached and brought her face in, the pumpkin lord sat up and f---ing screamed, letting out the mist in that particular section, and causing the (green?) lights in the room to flicker.
My girl just about jumped out of her skin, running out of there.
I think i laughed so hard i cried.

I wanted to give my lord a higheth of fives for a scare well done.

Thanks for sharing this. I got the full visual and wasn't even there. I'm laughing right along with you! HAHAHA! Great story! Also, I hear the stoner's voice from Stranger Things (the pizza guy) as I read this.. "My Dude, you deserve the higheth of fives for that." HAHAHHAHAHA

Remember at the beginning of spec there was a rumor of a family-friendly property? It was never coming to the event but this is how people started guessing.

So, is Casper just on this piece of merchandise because he is considered a “Studio Screamer” or will he be involved in the event in some other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.