Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Re: Fear Street and Stranger Things -

Stating the obvious here but Fear Street is not on the same level of ST. We're reaching a point where A+ Headliner IPs are few and far in between. It would do Uni good to try to capitalize on the last ounces of relevance this year with Fear Street since it seems to be a one-and-done series - whereas ST can wait and headline the next event or two.

Devil's Advocate: is a show that couldn't crack the top 15 of 2021 and seemingly didn't get enough views to warrant a sequel truly a "headliner" worth HHN's time? (Yeah, some of the 70s/80s flicks had mediocre box office, but their reputation has grown).

On the flip side, Netflix has Witcher, the #3 most watched original show with a third season and entire extended universe coming. Netflix has Squid Game, which--as ill-suited to a house as it is--was the #1 show turned cultural phenomenon, and has a sequel coming. Even if they want to bench Stranger Things to avoid TWD-like fatigue (which seems counter-intuitive with it still well-represented in among the crowd last Fall despite having 2 years off), I'd think a top 3 show with future prospects is more appealing to Netflix Marketing department than what can only be described from a business perspective as a modest corporate failure. Hell, even Shadow & Bone, also a poor but not impossible candidate for a house, had better ratings and earned a sequel.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I've heard enough to know that F&F will be a house location this year. Not sure if it'll be in queue or the empty space, but it'll be used. Wonder if it'll replace MIB or Shrek.

With the recent Potter VR rumors and construction cancelations, I might predict that Supercharged will likely serve the propose this year of giving Soundstage 40D (aka Shrek) a year off.

If Minions/Shrek project was moved for next year, they'll have to find another space. Guess they intended on utilizing Shrek until the delay.

And before anyone gets worried, we're not losing the # of houses.

I've heard enough to know that F&F will be a house location this year. Not sure if it'll be in queue or the empty space, but it'll be used. Wonder if it'll replace MIB or Shrek.
It's replacing Shrek. Since the Fear Factor project appears to be canceled, the MiB tent will stay.

Was the Cafe La Bamba location ever genuinely considered for a house last event or was that part of the intentional red herring speculation?

F&F queue area is a wonderful choice to space the houses out a little, btw. Glad to get something back in that area beyond the cluttered scare zone
Honestly, I can't even remember if it was actually considered or not. I do remember thinking how ridiculous it was due to how small of a space it is.

So past years we've seen houses based on streets (Dead Waters, etc) so I'm wondering if we'll be getting another this year and if so what it would be.
If you're keeping the pattern of last year's street feeding into this year's house then Seek and Destroy would have the best aesthetic imo. Just lean further into the cyberpunk aspect

The online reaction to scare zones last year seemed poor.

The themed bars at Sea World however, seemed well received.

Time for some zones to evolve into something more? Also, would bring in more money on booze.

The online reaction to scare zones last year seemed poor.

The themed bars at Sea World however, seemed well received.

Time for some zones to evolve into something more? Also, would bring in more money on booze.
We’re still gonna have scarezones there never going away. Also I agree On the themed bars thing

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts