Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why HAVE they never bothered with the idea before Disney?

People lost their frickin' minds over Ghostbusters being non-horror...could you imagine the backlash over the Simpsons???

My totally unsubstantiated guess is they considered it and probably had some of the survey people outside the park ask HHN attendees about it at some point in the past and got laughed at hysterically so they took it off the table from that point on.

On another note, for those that were wondering about the "Meta" house, it was the most recently announced Monsters house.

It was originally supposed to have more Mummy in it, so the "Meta" was the fact they were redoing the Mummy ride, had a Mummy statue out front, of a Monsters tribute store and yes I did know about Monsters Cafe closing, so it was going to be an interesting switcheroo.

Yeah I figured. My best guess for first announcement would be Weeknd or Monsters (leaning towards the former though because of his tweet).

EDIT: Actually... wait, I think I might've just cracked it.

Monsters is the meta IP. Lemme explain:

This year's house is rumored to be revolved around the Mummy, and you know what's supposed to be reopening around the same time of HHN starting? Revenge of the Mummy. And what's taken over the Mummy store as it's getting its makeover? A Monsters tribute store. And if we're gonna be doing a Monsters house every year, might as well make it the first announcement to let us know which monster(s) the house will be focused on for the year.
TWO FOR TWO!

Stranger Things is everywhere, all over products and commercials. Wonder if the marketing has changed this year because they are waiting for the release of Stranger Things. Was there ever a reason given why Netflix was pulled from the Spec maps?

Reactions: Ahmanet
Stranger Things is everywhere, all over products and commercials. Wonder if the marketing has changed this year because they are waiting for the release of Stranger Things. Was there ever a reason given why Netflix was pulled from the Spec maps?

I’m not keeping up with Stranger Things as of this day, but if I recall doesn’t this new season heavily feature Russia like the last season? Maybe Uni didn’t want to be involved with that.

I'd this just Netflix looking to diversify their business? Although licensing their IP for HHN is a good revenue stream, hosting their own event, if they have the competence, could provide much higher income. Perhaps they might even look into creating their own theme park (though I highly doubt that). If it doesn't work out, I have to imagine Universal next year would pick up the phone, right?

Reactions: Ahmanet
It's gotta be a situation where Netflix just simply did not want to have a Stranger Things house at HHN. The ROI has to be so massive for Universal, compared to any other IP, that surely they would've paid the extra money if that was what it came down to, no?

I wonder if it's an IT situation where Netflix wants to create some experiences of their own

I wouldn't be surprised to see some ST4 pop-ups around the country (like the one listed already)

When your IP is a part of HHN you tend to get lumped in to the overall borg that is HHN

Perhaps they didn't want that

I also had a crazy fan theory that Comcast cracked a proverbial whip and doesn't want any non-Universal/NBC/Peacock IPs at the event anymore

I wonder if it's an IT situation where Netflix wants to create some experiences of their own

I wouldn't be surprised to see some ST4 pop-ups around the country (like the one listed already)

When your IP is a part of HHN you tend to get lumped in to the overall borg that is HHN

Perhaps they didn't want that

I also had a crazy fan theory that Comcast cracked a proverbial whip and doesn't want any non-Universal/NBC/Peacock IPs at the event anymore
It's a shame really, as season 4 seems to look like the scariest season in the show's history.... and it would have been nice to complete the set of having all seasons represented at Horror Night events.

Does anyone know if the Chucky series on peacock is still in the conversation for this year? I would assumed that would’ve been a definite house with the show being on peacock which is a universal thing. Or is there something I’m missing?

Some notable IPs from the huge Halloween merchandise event last week by a particular Pacific Northwest based company:

Chucky (13 items)
Leprechaun (3 items)
Gremlins (3 items)
Trick or Treat (3 items)
Carrie (1 item)
Halloween (1 item)

A clear winner there who is in the Universal corporate family ...

Status
Not open for further replies.