Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 260 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal has said that the house will be based on the tv show. So I don’t see that being utilized this year.

I could see a few scenes using static Chuckys as the "distraction" for one of the human characters to pop out for the scare.

I just really can't see anything about Chucky feeling thrown-together considering it was announced a full year in advance, so I'm betting on mostly puppets.

I'm also curious about interactive Chucky- I'm leaning towards no, simply because previous Chucky haunts were just character-centric as opposed to entirely based on a specific movie, but I could potentially see a final Chucky scare with rotating one-liners, similar to Indiana Jones ending at Disneyland.

2021 had a LIVE JAZZ SINGER in the house. Also was the 2014 from dusk till dawn house barker mic’d or was that a recording.

Ooh, good call!

Any others I missed?

I know for a time, they had said on the UTH tour that they enjoyed having those types of characters in houses, but then there was a gap of a few years before they returned.

Again, I would LOVE to have an interactive Chucky, I am just curious of the logistics given the location.

Heck, I would love them doing at least one per year and preferably more.

I honestly don’t remember this one at all, who was it?

I think your argument is “universal doesn’t do it often” which I agree with. But when it’s called for/creates a good distraction scare I think they’re willing to trying out ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
2021 had a LIVE JAZZ SINGER in the house. Also was the 2014 from dusk till dawn house barker mic’d or was that a recording.

I think your argument is “universal doesn’t do it often” which I agree with. But when it’s called for/creates a good distraction scare I think they’re willing to trying out ideas.
Yes, he was mic’d. He picked out people in line from time to time.

And, yes, my argument is that they don’t do it often. I am also trying to remember them doing it outside of a soundstage, but that one goes back to Bloodengutz or LitC if I recall correctly (please, someone tell me otherwise).

I never saw The Purge barker outside the house, or if I did it barely made an impression (which was that house in general…), so that is an exception I missed or don’t remember.

Again, I would like that Chucky puppet, don’t get me wrong, but I also really enjoyed the 2009 house where we had Chucky actors or his head on a stick (the funniest scare).

I could also see them using the Tooth Fairy puppet tied to an actor trick and just redress the puppet as Chucky.

Yes, he was mic’d. He picked out people in line from time to time.

And, yes, my argument is that they don’t do it often. I am also trying to remember them doing it outside of a soundstage, but that one goes back to Bloodengutz or LitC if I recall correctly (please, someone tell me otherwise).

I never saw The Purge barker outside the house, or if I did it barely made an impression (which was that house in general…), so that is an exception I missed or don’t remember.

Again, I would like that Chucky puppet, don’t get me wrong, but I also really enjoyed the 2009 house where we had Chucky actors or his head on a stick (the funniest scare).

I could also see them using the Tooth Fairy puppet tied to an actor trick and just redress the puppet as Chucky.

Purge barker was outside a tent, Beetlejuice was in the parade building, and the singer was in Shrek.

Reactions: Sledge
Is nobody old enough to remember his house in 2009? Also as far as Chucky casting goes, they cast short scareactors under 5'4 (same for his appearance in the 20 Years of Fear SZ). No need for puppets.
I understand that this is all subjective, but to be completely blunt, a 5 foot tall person dressed as Chucky would be genuinely the stupidest thing I've ever seeing in a haunted house, not even just HHN.

If they don't use puppets, I will absolutely hate this house lol

I understand that this is all subjective, but to be completely blunt, a 5 foot tall person dressed as Chucky would be genuinely the stupidest thing I've ever seeing in a haunted house, not even just HHN.

If they don't use puppets, I will absolutely hate this house lol

You do understand that the TV shows and movies have special effects that they can hide from the cameras that could not be used in a three dimension house, right? Stuff like CGI, animatronics, etc? Practical effects, especially ones that can be replicated every 30secons for 8 hours a night for 40+ days are almost non-existant.

If you get a re-skinned cabbage patch kid on a stick jumping out of booholes, think you'll be happier? Maybe a Teddy Ruxpin with it's mouth moving but not matching up to the audio cues?

BTW - spoiler alert, the castle facades you've seen before weren't real castles. In fact, they were only about 30 feet tall. And that Mind Flayer that in the show it towered over a town, it wasn't that big.

Houses require a suspension of disbelief. Sorta like walking out of 90 degree weather with 99% humidity for a heat index of 120 and walking into a winter set house.

This ain't happening:
4bfn5tbb6av61.jpg

The show presented quite a few full-size actor sequences to pull off, so I think we’ll see more instances of those in the house. I would imagine we’ll probably get some scenes similar to how Sam was utilized in Trick ‘r Treat as well, with a Chucky puppet attached to the actor that he’s “fighting with” or “strangling”.

Those are basic, simple expectations I’m setting for myself. Anything beyond that will be icing on the cake.

You do understand that the TV shows and movies have special effects that they can hide from the cameras that could not be used in a three dimension house, right? Stuff like CGI, animatronics, etc? Practical effects, especially ones that can be replicated every 30secons for 8 hours a night for 40+ days are almost non-existant.

If you get a re-skinned cabbage patch kid on a stick jumping out of booholes, think you'll be happier? Maybe a Teddy Ruxpin with it's mouth moving but not matching up to the audio cues?

BTW - spoiler alert, the castle facades you've seen before weren't real castles. In fact, they were only about 30 feet tall. And that Mind Flayer that in the show it towered over a town, it wasn't that big.

Houses require a suspension of disbelief. Sorta like walking out of 90 degree weather with 99% humidity for a heat index of 120 and walking into a winter set house.

This ain't happening:
4bfn5tbb6av61.jpg
Did you design the house or something? Calm down lol

Like others have said, full size actors with Chucky puppets attached would be great. Effects that feel like Chucky running past you would be great.

This is not great:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230709-173117_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230709-173117_Google.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 97

This ain't happening:
4bfn5tbb6av61.jpg
Ummm, Tell me you’re not excited for the house without telling me:lmao::lmao:

In the attic scene for HHN Hollywood's Krampus house, notice the demented doll in the attic scene. This is more or less how I expect them to pull off the Chucky puppet for the house. I think putting it in the Supercharged queue will work in the house's favor for intensity. It will make the scares more personal and intimate.

In the attic scene for HHN Hollywood's Krampus house, notice the demented doll in the attic scene. This is more or less how I expect them to pull off the Chucky puppet for the house. I think putting it in the Supercharged queue will work in the house's favor for intensity. It will make the scares more personal and intimate.

I’ve never see it. Brings a tear to my eye

Also just throwing this out there - in the show there are scenes outside of the main story where Chucky breaks the fourth wall and speaks directly to the audience about what has happened in the show. Would give an opportunity for an interactive Chucky which would be fun, but might disrupt the flow a little. Or, could potentially work as an “intermission” between seasons 1 and 2?

Unless they figured out a way to do a grand entrance in that space, I wouldn’t think he would be at the beginning.

As well, houses aren’t really about interaction anymore (that died sometime around 2011-ish) so I don’t foresee that happening.

And furthermore, they are adapting the show, so I would expect voice clips, not a higher paid actor free to improvise lines that were not in the actual IP being adapted.

Again, I am excited for Chucky primarily because I enjoyed the 2009 house, think he’s a decent character, and like dark comedy houses.

My hesitation is the location as I wasn’t a huge fan of last year’s Blumhouse because it felt too tight during the Freaky section and had too many black walls during The Black Phone section. As this is the first time they have used this space and some new locations take them a bit of time to get in the groove of designing around, I am attempting to reserve my judgement.

They did this with Beetlejuice in 2022.

Didn't captain Spaulding talked to you in the rob zombie's house?
I can't remember if it was a speaker with lines or if he talked to you
I think it was the actor?

And for the location, they just need to have a Chucky puppet in a boo hole maybe. The person talking for Chucky could even just be behind the wall. A Chucky animatronic or hand held puppet to move the mouth. But the actor talking could hide behind the wall or something.
Like the puppet theater house we just had recently.
( What I mean is that since Chucky is tiny I don't think you need that much space to have the actor talking for Chucky. )

Also just throwing this out there - in the show there are scenes outside of the main story where Chucky breaks the fourth wall and speaks directly to the audience about what has happened in the show. Would give an opportunity for an interactive Chucky which would be fun, but might disrupt the flow a little. Or, could potentially work as an “intermission” between seasons 1 and 2?
That would be a great idea to have an interactive Chucky in the outdoor section between tents. Helps break it up, and fills in the absolute buzzkill that is the outdoor area lol

Status
Not open for further replies.