Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Employee Preview | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Employee Preview

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You joke, but pumpkin merch would've sold!!
*points to Lil Boo merch*

Especially those "HHN icon" jackolanterns :eyes:
You're definitely not wrong.

I joke, but honestly it was a nice little area of the park that we appreciated for what it was. I think that's the year we even sat down with some cocktails for an hour and just took in the ambiance of the area. While I'd never want it to replace a scarezone, the effort was definitely a welcome addition when they could have just as soon left it empty. The lanterns in the trees never hit quite the same.

I don't want to derail this thread for those refreshing and obsessively looking for information regarding this year's EP night. This year it is Swamp of the Undead. (Boom. Segwaaaaay! :cool:)

Wait, if empty "dead zones" are an issue within the event this year, why did they not just turn the area outside FF into a mini circus themed zone. It would match up with the HNF show, and is an easy way to involve clows/chainsaws.

Wait, if empty "dead zones" are an issue within the event this year, why did they not just turn the area outside FF into a mini circus themed zone. It would match up with the HNF show, and is an easy way to involve clows/chainsaws.

They've moved away from hordes to just fill out the houses & zones when the inevitable loss of scareactors happens. Hordes were usually the first picked off when they needed to fill up holes.

That, too. ↓ ↓ ↓

That area around FFL is NOT good for scareactor placement. It's a congestion crowd nightmare.

But if they roamed between MIB hub & Simpsons plaza, that'd probably work.. unlikely, but maybe they throw an extra horde over there after initial feedback

Wasn't sure where to put it. So I'll leave it here for now

From the little that shows, not bad at all. I assume this was done on a more constrained budget like the zones, but at first glance this seems like a strong example of how to theme with limited cash. I’m eager to see the rest.

PS: Now the clunky FNaF photo op outside… that’s cheap in a bad way. It feels like the problem this year wasn’t just a limited budget but a limited budget being pulled in too many different directions.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Def not. There are some impressive sets and FX in the houses this year.
I know you’ve said that there were no “cuts,” but were the houses locked before the budget for the zones and ancillary things like Coconut and Cabana was set? (I assume they pull from different budgets).