Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Changing it up a bit

Five nights at Freddy’s
Terrifier twice the kill
The Strangers Trilogy Chapter one, two, and three
Monsters
The Fall of the house of usher
If we get a Netflix property next year I could see it being Wednesday over “The fall of the house of usher”

Reactions: Ahmanet
If we get a Netflix property next year I could see it being Wednesday over “The fall of the house of usher”
Don't think we're getting any Netflix IPs until Stranger Things 5 releases.
Hollywood will take the risk of a hard-R.

Orlando removed wings from angels in an unannounced house because they didn’t want the controversy.
Is it really fair to compare religious imagery to overt blood and gore? I don't see Universal avoiding Terrifier because of blood and gore.

I know Hollywood proved there is an audience for HO1C at HHN, but that movie is way darker and much more gritty than Terrifier. And tbh, the gore in both Terrifier films isn't the worst thing to be put on the big screen. Pretty sure guests would be okay with one super gory house when there's something like FNAF at the event lol.
Trust me nobody wants the first one as a house anyway... lmao. 2nd one is way better
The first one has decent locations and some iconic kills in it lol. But yeah, Terrifier 2 would be way cooler as a house. I'd love to see the haunted house scene recreated.

Last edited:
Terrifier is a franchise that pushes the envelope of gore to ACTIVELY court controversy. It is an epitome of “love it or hate it.” Complaints/Charges of misogyny are constantly at the edges of the films, and there’s controversy around the teaser for 3.

Universal (especially Orlando) is cognizant that they’re a promoter of what they license. If they do Terrifier, more people will watch Terrifier. That means more people will HATE Terrifier (instead of just remaining ignorant of it), which means people will grow angry at Universal for promoting it all.

I've seen several posts saying "Terrifier confirmed for HHN2024" on social media already. There was no confirmation of anything other than that the director would be open to doing an HHN house.

Every year, there are numerous conversations with IP holders to see what they could bring to future events. It happens with Scream quite often and with other white whales. Discussions may have occurred with the director of Terrifier because the IP holders are interested in HHN. However, IP holders having a good deal and showing interest (while helpful) doesn't guarantee a spot in the lineup. Selecting IPs involves multiple voices from Universal (creative, management, marketing, etc.).

We are early into speculation season, so we'll see what happens...

I'm finally caught up and I'm not sure why Crystal Lake has been so quickly dismissed. The rights issues have been resolved for television and the TV series has the backing of most of the creators that it needs to be able to cover all of the storylines. If I recall correctly, the original Scream house that got pulled was cleared with the TV series and was lost over a film scene being built, so there's precedent for this kind of arrangement. You add in synergy with Peacock and the character recognition and I think it's a solid contender - as long as the show premieres at a time that's convenient with cross-promotion.

I'm finally caught up and I'm not sure why Crystal Lake has been so quickly dismissed. The rights issues have been resolved for television and the TV series has the backing of most of the creators that it needs to be able to cover all of the storylines. If I recall correctly, the original Scream house that got pulled was cleared with the TV series and was lost over a film scene being built, so there's precedent for this kind of arrangement. You add in synergy with Peacock and the character recognition and I think it's a solid contender - as long as the show premieres at a time that's convenient with cross-promotion.
It certainly makes sense, but I'm wondering how it could translate to a house. The show is a prequel, which would cause one to assume that we will not see adult, hulking Hockey Mask Jason.

And I think people would be really upset if we got a house without Jason lol

It certainly makes sense, but I'm wondering how it could translate to a house. The show is a prequel, which would cause one to assume that we will not see adult, hulking Hockey Mask Jason.

And I think people would be really upset if we got a house without Jason lol
Just imagine an F13 house, but it's a "best of Jason". All the variations of Jason in one house and their most iconic kills.

The key art alone would be enough to sell me on the idea.

so admittedly I thought Crystal Lake would be more a non-starter as it hasn't begun production yet; but thinking about it more, and with Paramount opening up with the likes of UKR, that does leave the door open for them to use the pre-existing films as a backbone too (atleast until after Manhattan for Jason).

Count me in if it means we see the slasher get his return.

What about Smile would lend itself to being a strong house?

It may have been mentioned, but if we’re looking for synergy, why not Beetlejuice 2? It’s got one of the biggest stars of the moment and comes out right as the event starts. I know reactions to the first house were mixed, but it’s still an IP that seems well suited to the event.

Last edited: