Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 245 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the bad reviews that the Chucky house got. it was everywhere
That has nothing to do with pushing the props back for the zone though. To fix that a lot more has to be done. I think the bad reviews were really bc of the ip itself not translating well, so nothing they can really do besides try another property.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
To my various haters and naysayers, I understand we are a certain kind of freak who talks about a haunted house event continuously all year. Some of the hyperbolic statements expressed here still touch my nerve that reflect a consumer mindset of everything needs lore and everything needs a backstory, etc. What I was getting to was we put all this energy into speculating on the events possible icon when the people making that decision probably haven't spent one percent of the time we (the freaks) have thinking about it. This is the only forum I post on in a web 2.0 hellscape but I also get social interaction outside of the computer maybe some of you should touch grass as the kids say.

If you've read this and you don't think you need to take my advice, congratulations you must not be who I'm talking about.

On the other hand, I've been wrong before and I might be wrong about this subject too. In that case I'm just a fool who is posting about a haunted house event on the Internet and obviously has a brain disorder.

That has nothing to do with pushing the props back for the zone though. To fix that a lot more has to be done. I think the bad reviews were really bc of the ip itself not translating well, so nothing they can really do besides try another property.

what i mean is that this whole area has to be amazing, they have to go all out

Reactions: Kichkinet85
To my various haters and naysayers, I understand we are a certain kind of freak who talks about a haunted house event continuously all year. Some of the hyperbolic statements expressed here still touch my nerve that reflect a consumer mindset of everything needs lore and everything needs a backstory, etc. What I was getting to was we put all this energy into speculating on the events possible icon when the people making that decision probably haven't spent one percent of the time we (the freaks) have thinking about it. This is the only forum I post on in a web 2.0 hellscape but I also get social interaction outside of the computer maybe some of you should touch grass as the kids say.

If you've read this and you don't think you need to take my advice, congratulations you must not be who I'm talking about.

On the other hand, I've been wrong before and I might be wrong about this subject too. In that case I'm just a fool who is posting about a haunted house event on the Internet and obviously has a brain disorder.
It's really not a big deal, and nobody is trying to make you feel attacked. It's just that we've all seen how fast this things escalate, that's all.
I don't care about icons or lore at all, if I'm being honest. I just don't comment on those posts, if only because I don't want people making fun of me for getting too excited about stuff like the annual Cabana Bay photo op, lol

Chucky ruled in Hollywood though. The Orlando house just didn’t work for whatever reason. I don’t know if it was the location, the budget, or time constraints but Hollywood proved the IP can work for a house

6 days to Ghostbusters Day!

Last edited:
Chucky ruled in Hollywood though. The Orlando house just didn’t work for whatever reason. I don’t know if it was the location, the budget, or time constraints but Hollywood proved the IP can work for a house

I could be wrong, but it seemed like Hollywood featured the Chucky dolls more while Orlando leaned into the victims a little more. I kind of like how the Orlando one captured the pure insanity of the show, but I would welcome a more serious Chucky house next time. I think a house based on the first two movies would do well.

I could be wrong, but it seemed like Hollywood featured the Chucky dolls more while Orlando leaned into the victims a little more. I kind of like how the Orlando one captured the pure insanity of the show, but I would welcome a more serious Chucky house next time. I think a house based on the first two movies would do well.
It seems Orlando and Hollywood agreed on a similar conceit (Chucky has taken over his own maze!) but the execution was wildly divergent. Hollywood seemed to lean into the conceit and, yes, spend a big chunk of their budget on robotic Chucky dolls (shameless plug).

The Orlando house didn't have the technical wow-factor that Hollywood did, but I don't think that's why it missed the mark. It just seemed scattershot. The TVs counting Chucky's "kills" were more a distraction than an enhancement (or even a real palette cleanser before moving into the next room). Of course relying mostly on victims for scares is also a big ask of any cast and it certainly didn't work here.

Hollywood's Chucky, to me, was more less him taking over but him having his own maze and emphasised on the entire "kill count" aspect a whole lot more. It had structured environments and scenarios vs everything just going crazy. It was cohesive and all went together with a climax of the giant chucky.

Last edited:

in Orlando it felt very empty, the Chucky dolls were easy to miss. the house felt like the queue- line to a Chucky ride (the long corridor set up felt like a queue) some of the Chucky dolls were put in a funny or creative way that was completely lost during your visit.

in Orlando it felt very empty, the Chucky dolls were easy to miss. the house felt like the queue- line to a Chucky ride (the long corridor set up felt like a queue) some of the Chucky dolls were put in a funny or creative way that was completely lost during your visit.
I went through Orlando's and only saw a video of Hollywood's. Hollywood kept to the script, Chucky took over his house and started an ultimate kill count. Orlando story line was lost and felt like more of a advertisement for the show. The tvs in Hollywood displayed kill counts. Orlando decided to play snips of the Syfy show. Hollywood had a lot of animatronics. Orlando didn't have any to my memory. Hollywood had a giant Chucky, Orlando had a mascot dressed as Chucky. Either it was funding or passion for this particular property is low that led to Orlando making it like it was.

I went through Orlando's and only saw a video of Hollywood's. Hollywood kept to the script, Chucky took over his house and started an ultimate kill count. Orlando story line was lost and felt like more of a advertisement for the show. The tvs in Hollywood displayed kill counts. Orlando decided to play snips of the Syfy show. Hollywood had a lot of animatronics. Orlando didn't have any to my memory. Hollywood had a giant Chucky, Orlando had a mascot dressed as Chucky. Either it was funding or passion for this particular property is low that led to Orlando making it like it was.
since the layout of the house was basically just a long endless hallway, I wonder if the team just had to accommodate everything they wanted to do to this hallway set up. instead of a real bathroom we just got a queue type display of a bathroom, every room was like that, a very small window store display of a room/scene

Speaking of the Hollywood vs. Orlando Chucky, I have to wonder how Monstruos is gonna compare- Hollywood has shown a much bigger interest in animatronics over the years, and I don't think Orlando is going to tackle something like the La Lechuza animatronic. And I think Chucky was a prime example of how Hollywood (at least, recently with the noticeable quality increases) seems more keen on mixing up the scare tactics / focal points of scenes between props, actors, and animatronics, whereas Orlando seems to put almost all the emphasis on actors themselves.

I absolutely think Orlando's sets for Monstrous blow Hollywood's sets out-of-the-water, but for me the biggest success of that haunt was that it played to Hollywood's strengths so well- which I feel like are obvious weaknesses for Orlando. I'm rooting and optimistic, the quality gap can't be any larger than it was for Chucky, but I'm just really curious to see *how* this one plays out!

Speaking of the Hollywood vs. Orlando Chucky, I have to wonder how Monstruos is gonna compare- Hollywood has shown a much bigger interest in animatronics over the years, and I don't think Orlando is going to tackle something like the La Lechuza animatronic. And I think Chucky was a prime example of how Hollywood (at least, recently with the noticeable quality increases) seems more keen on mixing up the scare tactics / focal points of scenes between props, actors, and animatronics, whereas Orlando seems to put almost all the emphasis on actors themselves.

I absolutely think Orlando's sets for Monstrous blow Hollywood's sets out-of-the-water, but for me the biggest success of that haunt was that it played to Hollywood's strengths so well- which I feel like are obvious weaknesses for Orlando. I'm rooting and optimistic, the quality gap can't be any larger than it was for Chucky, but I'm just really curious to see *how* this one plays out!

the problem with Orlando with puppets or animatronics is when they break down or when they can't find an actor to move the puppet.
there's been a few times when different stuff in Orlando stops working.

I guess that lechuza costumes are easier to get.

Reactions: Grabnar
Status
Not open for further replies.