Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I heard on here that they were getting rid of the Globe. Maybe the arches too? Not sure why they would do that.
God I would laugh... my wife just got the arches (decorated for HHN) tattooed on her arm. MAybe that would make it cooler? I dont know. What would they replace the arches with though? I no way they get rid of the globe. Its as Universal as it gets!

can you imagine the crowd if a Minecraft house came to HHN??? holy cow... the worlds biggest junior high dance.

Gotta say, it’s sorta funny to think that no matter what sort of Universal Monsters house they do, it would be easy to cleanly create a through-line to Epic even if the designs and storylines are COMPLETELY different.

Isn’t the plot of Epic’s big ride that a descendant of Dr. Frankenstein has resurrected some of these characters? If, say, this season’s Classic Monster theme is “Battle Royale”, where they all end up dying in the end and wrapping the series up, wouldn’t it be extremely easy to imply a time jump “Case Files: Unearthed” style which shows Victoria Frankenstein discovering the castle and thus setting into motion the events of the park?

Even if this is described in a… like, a comic book prequel, you could draw a pretty clear line if the characters are meant to be redesigned by Victoria anyway.

Gotta say, it’s sorta funny to think that no matter what sort of Universal Monsters house they do, it would be easy to cleanly create a through-line to Epic even if the designs and storylines are COMPLETELY different.

Isn’t the plot of Epic’s big ride that a descendant of Dr. Frankenstein has resurrected some of these characters? If, say, this season’s Classic Monster theme is “Battle Royale”, where they all end up dying in the end and wrapping the series up, wouldn’t it be extremely easy to imply a time jump “Case Files: Unearthed” style which shows Victoria Frankenstein discovering the castle and thus setting into motion the events of the park?

Even if this is described in a… like, a comic book prequel, you could draw a pretty clear line if the characters are meant to be redesigned by Victoria anyway.
This has been my exact line of thought since 2021! I love the idea of this HHN Classic Monsters story leading into Dark Universe.

And as you said, perhaps sometime far down the line, we can even get a fun tie-in house showing Victoria collecting and/or resurrecting the monsters for Epic.

I like that idea! would be very cool!

I want to see it happen just for the angry “HHN SOLD OUT TO BE A KIDS EVENT!!!” posts on here.
Something like that would make me seriously consider how much I love HHn and have to go every year :)

Not quite fully related to the discussion - but I was checking hotel prices and it looks like there is currently a Savvy Traveler hotel discount in early September. Heads up!

If I could present some IP predictions:
  • Abigail (SS23A/Blood Moon) - New horror movie from Universal releasing April 19th, starring Melissa Barrera and Giancarlo Esposito, from the directors of Scream 5 and 6, and it looks very fun. The vibes seem to pretty much be M3GAN, but instead with a ballerina vampire.

• Ghostbusters: Afterlife/Frozen Empire (SS22/Exorcist) - Our first real IP rumor, and I feel like it would go here seeing as how it was the same spot Ghostbusters was in for 29.

• Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (SS23B/ST4) - This is too perfect. It's releasing September 6th, which is very likely either gonna be opening weekend or second weekend, and it's Beetlejuice! Plus, a chance to redeem themselves after what was (IMO) a very disappointing house in 2021.

• Five Nights at Freddy's (F&F) - Monkey's paw, FNaF finally comes to the event but it's in F&F queue. I've always felt B-79 woulda been the perfect location, but alas it seems it won't be used this year.

• Abigail (SS23A/Blood Moon) - New horror movie from Universal releasing April 19th, starring Melissa Barrera and Giancarlo Esposito, from the directors of Scream 5 and 6, and it looks very fun. The vibes seem to pretty much be M3GAN, but instead with a ballerina vampire.

• Ghostbusters: Afterlife/Frozen Empire (SS22/Exorcist) - Our first real IP rumor, and I feel like it would go here seeing as how it was the same spot Ghostbusters was in for 29.

• Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (SS23B/ST4) - This is too perfect. It's releasing September 6th, which is very likely either gonna be opening weekend or second weekend, and it's Beetlejuice! Plus, a chance to redeem themselves after what was (IMO) a very disappointing house in 2021.

• Five Nights at Freddy's (F&F) - Monkey's paw, FNaF finally comes to the event but it's in F&F queue. I've always felt B-79 woulda been the perfect location, but alas it seems it won't be used this year.

I'm sold on 3-out-of-4. If Ghostbusters gets any representation during the summer, I think Beetlejuice makes it to HHN. But, if Ghostbusters doesn't appear over the summer, they'll take the HHN slot. I just can't see both making it to the event in the same year-unless Ghostbusters gets a rad NY scare zone. Beetlejuice is big enough to come to the event whenever he pleases, and could be a big headliner for a non-FNaF year, and I think Ghostbusters just has better potential for a haunt. Would love to be proven wrong, though.

I'll eat my shoe if Abigail doesn't make it to HHN (please no one screenshot this message lol). It seems perfect for HHN, scenes that don't require a grand scale but could still house some neat effects. I foresee something like Cabin in the Woods meets The Exorcist: Believer.

Also, why do so many people seem convinced that FNaF (if it comes) will be in the F&F queue? I've seen it mentioned a lot, but I may have missed that big piece of evidence. Just doesn't make sense to me that the property with bulky costumes would go to the venue with the biggest space constraints- didn't Big Head Chucky get axed on preview night last year because of an injury trying to navigate those tiny sets?

Abigail looks fun but doesn’t lend itself well to a house. It will also be pretty old news by the time the event begins.

The other three seem likely and form a lineup that’s pretty appealing to me (I don’t like FNaF but wouldn’t mind seeing the costumes) but would cause complaints about the event being too “kiddie.” Those complaints would be silly but they would be loud.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
The other three seem likely and form a lineup that’s pretty appealing to me (I don’t like FNaF but wouldn’t mind seeing the costumes) but would cause complaints about the event being too “kiddie.” Those complaints would be silly but they would be loud.

I was going to mention the same thing, but 2019 had Ghostbusters, Killer Klownz and Stranger Things which were all PG-13 or lower- and it was arguably one of the better years (if not top 3) in the last decade.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I was going to mention the same thing, but 2019 had Ghostbusters, Killer Klownz and Stranger Things which were all PG-13 or lower- and it was arguably one of the better years (if not top 3) in the last decade.
I agree. That was my favorite recent lineup. I’d love the suggested lineup and would find the complaints tiresome. I hope it comes to pass.

Reactions: SixBillium
unless Ghostbusters gets a rad NY scare zone.
Just cover NY in ice covered props/sets, projection mapping & ice covered scareactors
didn't Big Head Chucky get axed on preview night last year because of an injury trying to navigate those tiny sets?
To be fair, 2008's "Creatures" was in a soundstage & it had space constraints due to costume size & house design. They made it work, but it wasn't completely how they envisioned.
Abigail looks fun but doesn’t lend itself well to a house. It will also be pretty old news by the time the event begins.
Bluray/DVD release & streaming.. 2007's "Dead Silence" came out in March, still showcased at the event.

We don't know the full extent of what Abigail has to offer for house material, but Universal has worked with less.

I can’t see GB and Beetlejuice coming the same year. They cover the same category. I don’t see Abilagil lending itself well to a house.

It is starting to feel like we might well get more than one Freddy this year if you catch my drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.