Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The IP lineup for this year really isn’t as bad as some are making it out to be. There have definitely been worse in the past. (27, 30, and 31 come to mind)
I think it’s a case of bad for me doesn’t mean bad for thee. There’s all sorts of stuff I’m not interested in, but god knows my assortment of tastes don’t speak for any significant portion of the American population.

The IP lineup for this year really isn’t as bad as some are making it out to be. There have definitely been worse in the past. (27, 30, and 31 come to mind)
Look, I really don’t think IPs matter much and ticket sales are apparently proving that to be true, but this is an incredibly weak lineup of IPs, far moreso then 27, 30, or 31. Setting aside Uni monsters (always great but only a very qualified IP), only Quiet Place holds a cultural or financial space that merits inclusion at the event, and even then it’s a property poorly suited to adaptation into a house (I expect it to be very good, but it will tax the designer’s skills).

Just take this year as proof that the event doesn’t need IPs… and execs should take that to heart.

I'm just getting to this now but speaking purely in terms of marketability I would put the IP lineup below 31, which given the combination of unfavorable circumstances this year is certainly not ideal for them. I wonder if they're secretly cursing Scott C for refusing to play ball lol (correct me if I'm wrong, but based off what Legacy said that seems to be why FN@F isn't happening?).

Also, I'd say the median of the IP lineup at 28 was probably below 24, 29, and 32 but that just goes to show how much of a powerhouse ST1 was.
what unfavorable circumstances
Duality of Fear has gotta be it. Maybe it’s time to bring back the speculation from months ago that this Icon is some sort of child/brother/offspring/puppet of Fear? I wonder what the “Duality” means. That must be what informed the two icon rumors.

I’m really happy there’s going to be an icon this year, I had kind of given up

double heads or double faces? like that double face mask from last year's zone

I mean the first two zones announced are nowhere on the spec map. I don't think any of the symbols match up to any of these themes.

Two zones that were nowhere on the spec map...huh, that normally doesn't happen...Are you sure it's wrong?