Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 313 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Same with the Premier AP, express shouldn't be offered (sorry Premier APs) with any multi-day/night pass IMO.

I can understand offering it back when the event was begging folks to come in. Maybe this year is seen as a "happy medium" to determine if those that would have purchase a pass with express still attend the event and possibly "sucker up" to buying a night of express?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Same with the Premier AP, express shouldn't be offered (sorry Premier APs) with any multi-day/night pass IMO.

I can understand offering it back when the event was begging folks to come in. Maybe this year is seen as a "happy medium" to determine if those that would have purchase a pass with express still attend the event and possibly "sucker up" to buying a night of express?

At least there's an "After 4p" stipulation.

I still maintain this year's pricing is a tacit admission Universal recognizes that any form of Express--multi or single-night, paid or free--is bad overall for guests. But they do like money, and they seem to be allergic to adding capacity, so trying some baby-splitting here.

I'm as curious as anyone to see how this plays out. Single-night Express selling out most nights? Lower lines all over? Just for Express? Impassable streets? An empty event starting September 23?

You said starting to price people out. It was just that. If you agree then all good. Universal is 100% pricing people out of certain passes to fix issues. Which is fine with me.
But ARE they pricing people out en masse? Sure, some people have to be since the tickets are so expensive...but the big problem from the fan's perspective seems to be people wanting to buy the FFP+Express passes and not being able to. Demand outpacing supply. If "pricing out" people were the issue, there'd be tickets available that people just can't afford so they aren't being sold. The people are willing to spend the money.

And, as mentioned by many others, those that are unable to financially handle the new prices aren't being priced out of the event, they're being priced out of the ability to have express. They aren't being denied the product, but the premium experience with the product. That's an important thing to note.

I still maintain this year's pricing is a tacit admission Universal recognizes that any form of Express--multi or single-night, paid or free--is bad overall for guests. But they do like money, and they seem to be allergic to adding capacity, so trying some baby-splitting here.

I'm as curious as anyone to see how this plays out. Single-night Express selling out most nights? Lower lines all over? Just for Express? Impassable streets? An empty event starting September 23?
Very interested to see, like you mentioned, what happens when once RoF is done. They didn't really change the pricing structure for 1-day tickets to reflect changes in attendance from last year. That last night that included RoF was absolute mayhem, I'd have to imagine it'll be a similar experience this year.

For reference, t can get as high as $363 per person ($36 per house lol) for a 1-night + express pass combo in October this year.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
Do we really think this was the intended announcement schedule on Monday? Acknowledging that it effects a vanishingly small number of fans and will very likely be a footnote in a month, it certainly seems something, however minor, changed the plan.

Do we really think this was the intended announcement schedule on Monday? Acknowledging that it effects a vanishingly small number of fans and will very likely be a footnote in a month, it certainly seems something, however minor, changed the plan.
Nobody knows. People make assumptions and or project HHN as the be all, end all for the Comcast Corp and wrongly extrapolate from that.

It could be Epic related, it could be that Comcast announces their 2Q earnings next week and the Theme Park Division already gets to say they sold out 3 whole category of premium experience tickets in a matter of hours and want to mention that the "bump" of an IP Scare Zone and Monsters house is yet to come, or they wanted the podcasts to be ready for these last announcements and they weren't ready for whatever reason, or they decided to not force an IP Zone (or house or show) into a "dump" at the end of the week that might not be picked up by news outlets so they want to announce the rest of the zones, Monster house and Nightmare Fuel next week, etc.

Nobody TRUELY knows...and while everybody will surely ridicule them for announcing two zones in 2 days and then going radio silent and not delivering on a "promise" they feel was implied, tickets are selling out so they apparently know what they're doing and the announcements will come soon enough.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I know some people don't like to entertain this stuff, but if everyone is desperate to know what the zones are... that leak is out there lol
Always Sunny Shut Up GIF

Very interested to see, like you mentioned, what happens when once RoF is done. They didn't really change the pricing structure for 1-day tickets to reflect changes in attendance from last year. That last night that included RoF was absolute mayhem, I'd have to imagine it'll be a similar experience this year.

For reference, t can get as high as $363 per person ($36 per house lol) for a 1-night + express pass combo in October this year.
The Beast, a haunted house in Kansas City, cost $35 a person to go through a single house. The line can get up typically two hours. Skipping the line is extra.

13th Floor in Jacksonville starts at roughly $25 (they surge) and up to $55 total to skip the line. For one house. Without skipping the line, it’s a 2 hour wait.

Netherlands is two houses back to back (single line). General admission is $25-$40 (surge) in advance ($30-$50 walkup). Skipping the line tickets are between $35 and $70 (surge/advance or walkup). All have additional service charges and reserved time slots.

$36 to skip the line at a premier haunted houses is on the cheap end.

Last edited:

I would say then Premier won't sell as much or really be needed at that point. The higher discount (5%), HHN ticket, and "Prime" parking are not worth the extra $275. So they would be taking away an entire tier pass in reality. Where taking away HHN express doesn't do that since each level had express for HHN. I bet you if you surveyed Premier AP holders a large majority would say they bought it for express. Everyone I know who has it only bought it for express including myself.

But ARE they pricing people out en masse? Sure, some people have to be since the tickets are so expensive...but the big problem from the fan's perspective seems to be people wanting to buy the FFP+Express passes and not being able to. Demand outpacing supply. If "pricing out" people were the issue, there'd be tickets available that people just can't afford so they aren't being sold. The people are willing to spend the money.

And, as mentioned by many others, those that are unable to financially handle the new prices aren't being priced out of the event, they're being priced out of the ability to have express. They aren't being denied the product, but the premium experience with the product. That's an important thing to note.
They raised the prices and lowered how many they would sell to basically make the same money. So maybe priced out isn't the right words. They basically are capping express multi-night to solve issues with them.

I don't think anyone thinks Universal wants less people going to the event. I think they want less people going to the event a bunch of nights. I think they would prefer if most guests went less than a certain number of times throughout the event.

Reactions: Jake S

It’s still blows my mind that, that’s the pass that is still for sale with express. From everything I hear, the nights Rush Of Fear was active were utter chaos. So it’s weird those aren’t more limited. Maybe someone already brought this up, but maybe they’ll release more passes once Rush of Fear is over, because maybe they were too afraid that 4 tiers would be over crowding September express lines again?

Nobody knows. People make assumptions and or project HHN as the be all, end all for the Comcast Corp and wrongly extrapolate from that.

It could be Epic related, it could be that Comcast announces their 2Q earnings next week and the Theme Park Division already gets to say they sold out 3 whole category of premium experience tickets in a matter of hours and want to mention that the "bump" of an IP Scare Zone and Monsters house is yet to come, or they wanted the podcasts to be ready for these last announcements and they weren't ready for whatever reason, or they decided to not force an IP Zone (or house or show) into a "dump" at the end of the week that might not be picked up by news outlets so they want to announce the rest of the zones, Monster house and Nightmare Fuel next week, etc.

Nobody TRUELY knows...and while everybody will surely ridicule them for announcing two zones in 2 days and then going radio silent and not delivering on a "promise" they feel was implied, tickets are selling out so they apparently know what they're doing and the announcements will come soon enough.
You’re correct, HHN is a tiny part of Comcast and most higher execs don’t even notice it. I made clear that this is a very small story.

But you can’t have it both ways. They did not hold off on the announcements of a couple ZONES because of the earning call or because of some other high-level issue. As you said, HHN doesn’t loom that large in the mind of execs.

Could it be delayed podcasts or merch or the like? Sure. I suggested as much. It’s interesting to speculate on a board dedicated to speculating about HHN.

And while I didn’t include a judgement in my post and am still interested mostly in speculation, the idea that HHN’s popularity means every decision even tangentially related to it is infinitely wise and unquestionable is deeply silly.

Has Uni historically allowed upgrades from ROF w/ Express to a higher tier in the past? I'd be inclined to just order the ROF now with a hope that they could allow an upgrade if they release more in the future.
That is a serious gamble I wouldn't be willing to take especially if the higher tiers sold out in hours. Doesn't upgrading have to be done in the park especially if you've already had used the pass?