Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 313 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Same with the Premier AP, express shouldn't be offered (sorry Premier APs) with any multi-day/night pass IMO.

I can understand offering it back when the event was begging folks to come in. Maybe this year is seen as a "happy medium" to determine if those that would have purchase a pass with express still attend the event and possibly "sucker up" to buying a night of express?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Same with the Premier AP, express shouldn't be offered (sorry Premier APs) with any multi-day/night pass IMO.

I can understand offering it back when the event was begging folks to come in. Maybe this year is seen as a "happy medium" to determine if those that would have purchase a pass with express still attend the event and possibly "sucker up" to buying a night of express?

At least there's an "After 4p" stipulation.

I still maintain this year's pricing is a tacit admission Universal recognizes that any form of Express--multi or single-night, paid or free--is bad overall for guests. But they do like money, and they seem to be allergic to adding capacity, so trying some baby-splitting here.

I'm as curious as anyone to see how this plays out. Single-night Express selling out most nights? Lower lines all over? Just for Express? Impassable streets? An empty event starting September 23?

You said starting to price people out. It was just that. If you agree then all good. Universal is 100% pricing people out of certain passes to fix issues. Which is fine with me.
But ARE they pricing people out en masse? Sure, some people have to be since the tickets are so expensive...but the big problem from the fan's perspective seems to be people wanting to buy the FFP+Express passes and not being able to. Demand outpacing supply. If "pricing out" people were the issue, there'd be tickets available that people just can't afford so they aren't being sold. The people are willing to spend the money.

And, as mentioned by many others, those that are unable to financially handle the new prices aren't being priced out of the event, they're being priced out of the ability to have express. They aren't being denied the product, but the premium experience with the product. That's an important thing to note.

I still maintain this year's pricing is a tacit admission Universal recognizes that any form of Express--multi or single-night, paid or free--is bad overall for guests. But they do like money, and they seem to be allergic to adding capacity, so trying some baby-splitting here.

I'm as curious as anyone to see how this plays out. Single-night Express selling out most nights? Lower lines all over? Just for Express? Impassable streets? An empty event starting September 23?
Very interested to see, like you mentioned, what happens when once RoF is done. They didn't really change the pricing structure for 1-day tickets to reflect changes in attendance from last year. That last night that included RoF was absolute mayhem, I'd have to imagine it'll be a similar experience this year.

For reference, t can get as high as $363 per person ($36 per house lol) for a 1-night + express pass combo in October this year.