Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here is a photo of the completed HHN XX billboard, courtesy of RedGoddess at HNN:
GpT3V.jpg

Maybe they didn't mean real flames, perhaps it'll be a special effect (Orange lights, heat, and smoke) I doubt they'd have real fire in a small space like a maze, that would have wayyy to much potential for disaster, and even worse...lawsuits!

Maybe they didn't mean real flames, perhaps it'll be a special effect (Orange lights, heat, and smoke) I doubt they'd have real fire in a small space like a maze, that would have wayyy to much potential for disaster, and even worse...lawsuits!
They were pretty clear on the fact that it was real fire. i would think that they would prefer going with something like that. in one hand they could do way more with fog and lights than real fire, but in the other hand, it's real fire, and nothing is gonna look as good.

I'd put money on the "open flame" being in the Orfanage or Hades and wherever Jymmy pointed out it will be in a very controlled environment. Behind some sort of protective surface so the guest nor the actors can accidentally harm themselves. At that it might not last...I know in 2007 the first couple of weeks of the event they had multiple chainsaws in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Which just makes all sorts of sense. Well come the 2nd or 3rd some sort of quasi major technical difficulty happened and that was scrapped. I'm hoping that this doesn't happen with the flames, but hey it's possible.

Here is a photo of the completed HHN XX billboard, courtesy of RedGoddess at HNN:
GpT3V.jpg

I like it, but I hope that's just a teaser billboard. It's nice, but they've done better things. Maybe the teeth should be popping out, not the HHN XX :shrug:

Yeah, they specifically said open flames, which is why it's new and risky and worth the mention. Maybe it will be one of the first scenes so it's close to an opening for safety reasons. Then the rest of the house will be full of steam, char, burn victims, and some evil Cindys popping out at you >:D Mwahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X8GsOh7pwY&feature=related check it. Crappy video, but towards the end you can see what kind of controlled fire Universal is capable of.

Thats what I was thinking too. Something small to med size and controlable (kinda like concert flameboxes). Also they did say it was a "OPEN FLAME" like the one in the video.

Here is another video (Skip to 1:00):

[video=youtube;InIHPni9xRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InIHPni9xRA&feature=related[/video]

I think Universal very well able to produce a safe but HOT open flame and not get anyone hurt.

Last edited:
About the funny house may not being ZombieGeddon it could be Havoc.

I thought there was a hint given during the conference call involving a sequel, so i think it's Psychoscareapy.

Update: Some more house images where found on Universal's Media site. But strangly not on HHN's media page. Here are photo's hosted my DTP:

http://www.destinationthemepark.com/park/2010/08/hhn-xx-media-images/

That 3rd picture really has me amped up for the HHN house. :happy:

Last edited:
The last ones a Jester's Staff so it could be from Catacombs since it allegedly takes place in medieval times. The first one has to be Hades as I don't see it fitting in anywhere else but it looks to friendly to be part of HHN could it be a parade float? But theres also what looks like a giant squid behind it so my guess is Hades. My guess on the second one is Psychoscarapy as well and the third one definitely looks like its part of the Anniversary House. Btw do we know what house will be where? I have seen conflicting reports for Catacombs and Hades.

...Btw do we know what house will be where? I have seen conflicting reports for Catacombs and Hades.
From the permits and casting leaks, it would appear as though Hades is in SS23, and Catacombs is in Tent 1.

Edit: I thought they were all from the Mega House.

Last edited:
Pretty cool that he would take questions. I haven't seen his show before so I'm looking forward to it.

Thats what I was thinking too. Something small to med size and controlable (kinda like concert flameboxes). Also they did say it was a "OPEN FLAME" like the one in the video.

Here is another video (Skip to 1:00):

I think Universal very well able to produce a safe but HOT open flame and not get anyone hurt.
I'm expecting a flame effect similar to what they have in the Harry Potter show outside Hogwarts...it's a red colored flame...any bigger I would think ventilation would be an issue unless they have a special system set up...

Well the Orfanage is a burnt down orphanage, and its in an outdoor queue in Jaws. Its possible and safe to say that they can have an open flam in an outdoor queue line and not have to worry about ventilation, only have to worry about not setting it on fire :lol: