Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

Well unfortunately due a new job (good thing) I have spent my last night at HHN this year. I was hoping to get out there Sat night to meet the staffers but it just isn't going to work. I will write my full review after the event but after several visits and multiple walks through all the haunts here is my final placement.

Scarezones
1. Saws and Steam
2. The Coven
3. Esqueleto Muerte
4. HHN 20YoF
5. Zombie Gras
6. Fear Revealed

Houses
1. Hades
2. Catacombs (Best Tent House EVER)
3. Legendary Truth Wyandot Estate
4. Havoc Dogs of War (Second best cast of Event behind Catacombs)
5. Hallow'd Past
6. Psychoscareapy Echoes of Shadybrook
7. Zombiegheddon
8. The Orphanage

Its not about 'low numbers' for the last weekend of the event, it is more about them cashing in as much as possible. While halloween night is not the busiest night of the event it would be plenty crowded enough on its own. They just want to cash in as much as possible, it costs them nothing to allow the turnstyle computers to allow the FFP's in, so once again it comes as no surprise that they do this the last two nights of the event.

Drew attended tonight's VIP Event about the Icons. Here are a few blurbs that he stared on our Twitter.

TJ Mannarino says that both parks will one day be used again for Horror Nights, when the time is right.

HHN XX's original story focused on Cindy burning a tree that contained the past 19 years of horror.

The original plan for Bloody Mary was for her to be a demented queen controlling stories.

imagine 16 houses in both parks, esp a scare zone, and house in harry potter world.........WOW

--- Update ---

i also think the time is right for it to be in both parks NOW. certain fastpass lines are 30 min because one guy is zapping everyone of them with a gun

i also think the time is right for it to be in both parks NOW. certain fastpass lines are 30 min because one guy is zapping everyone of them with a gun

TJ said in the Q&A today that with the construction at WWoHP and Rockit the past few years it hasn't been possible. Will we see it again? Definitely. When will see it? No clue.

For your enjoyment

[video=youtube;eyEVi9miy_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyEVi9miy_c[/video]

The video shows one of the original ideas for this year's theme. Everyone thank Drew for this great video.

Ok, who Did NOT record the treatment when they were in there? I wonder was there a single person seriously not doing what most of us were doing...

the chocolate chip cookies were goood.

TJ said in the Q&A today that with the construction at WWoHP and Rockit the past few years it hasn't been possible. Will we see it again? Definitely. When will see it? No clue.

This event definitely needs to expand to both parks again, its just to popular to be held only at the studios, plus the years they had it at IOA looked the most amazing.

I can't believe I only have two more days of HHN (going to HoS) on Sat. I also can't believe that Catacombs, Havoc and Hades are still my top three. This is the first year that did not change from the season beginning. I did a blurb about the reasons here: http://exm.nr/cewFyz

The Weds. and Thurs. crowds were amazingly manageable but I suspect tonight will be a zoo. Is anyone going to post last night's talk to YouTube? Hubby wanted to go but we ended up leaving the park at 8:30 because the lines were short enough to where we had already done everything and repeated our faves and had only used our EPs three times.

So yeah I kinda wish they would have gone with the Cindy motif instead of Fear...that intro was EPIC and AWESOME all at the same time. Save Fear for his own year and weave a deeper back story with him.

So yeah I kinda wish they would have gone with the Cindy motif instead of Fear...that intro was EPIC and AWESOME all at the same time. Save Fear for his own year and weave a deeper back story with him.

TJ pretty much said Fear is one & done. "Can only be used on the 20th anniversary". I'm guessing Cindy was the plan for a while and changed rather last minute.

All of you who visited me in Hades last night, thank you. I know I saw Barb twice.

Were you cast A or B? Cause we were in there at about 6:15. When we foursquared it said you were there too.

Amazing house. Scared the crap out of me. Medusa was insane. In the running for my favorite house ever. We'll see with some more run throughs.

TJ pretty much said Fear is one & done. "Can only be used on the 20th anniversary". I'm guessing Cindy was the plan for a while and changed rather last minute.

Though I read another interview with I wanna say it was either TJ or Aiello and they said Fear isn't done yet

Though I read another interview with I wanna say it was either TJ or Aiello and they said Fear isn't done yet

This is based off of what TJ said last night. Aiello wasn't there, he's on vacation in Vegas.

BriMan, Ralph, and myself will be out there tonight. If you see us don't hesitate to say hello. Hopefully we'll see some of our scareactor regulars out there, too.