Harmonious | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't typically care if I see a show building as I realize that it can be almost impossible to fully hide one (ex. Guardians). However, these are just ugly. They absolutely ruin sightlines and no amount of awesome shows after dark can justify these things sitting in the middle of the lake. Used to be, you had some really beautiful pictures and views across the lake (either looking back towards Spaceship Earth or from Future World across to International). Like a lady walking too close to a propeller plane, it's disaster.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I don't typically care if I see a show building as I realize that it can be almost impossible to fully hide one (ex. Guardians). However, these are just ugly. They absolutely ruin sightlines and no amount of awesome shows after dark can justify these things sitting in the middle of the lake. Used to be, you had some really beautiful pictures and views across the lake (either looking back towards Spaceship Earth or from Future World across to International).
We all know how expensive outdoor LED screens are, add in massive show elements...so the show is not a product of being cheap...

It's just a blatant lack of care for design. Particularly the harmonious (lol) symmetry of Epcot's original design

For instance, blocking the torii gate's framing of SSE in Japan is just evidence that they don't care

Like a lady walking too close to a propeller plane, it's disaster.
This is oddly specific, what happened? lol

Reactions: belloq87
.....Now everyone remember we still haven't seen the actual show...It may in fact be the best show on property
It just might be for those that pay the extra upcharge to watch it from the front. For the rest of us, we'll have to settle for less than stellar views from around the lagoon.

It just might be for those that pay the extra upcharge to watch it from the front. For the rest of us, we'll have to settle for less than stellar views from around the lagoon.
To be fair, this also isn’t known... you’ll be able to see screens from all around the lake, just not the circle - and we don’t know how much of an upgrade that is over what’s going on on the other barges.

That fountain test though.... yikes. What’s crazy is that the overhead shots from Bio make the barges to look quite small in relation to the overall surface area of the lake, but down at ground level they’re freaking gigantic. They obviously didn’t get a good read on the perspective.

Reactions: belloq87