Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harmonious

I'm curious if there's plans to remove/change the American Adventure Stage

I feel we would have heard about it if there were plans, buuut I can't help but notice this would be a prime viewing spot

I know they do candlelight and other things there...just theorizing a bit

I feel we would have heard about it if there were plans, buuut I can't help but notice this would be a prime viewing spot

I really feel like that’s where the boats for the fireworks cruises will park.

I really feel like that’s where the boats for the fireworks cruises will park.
I feel like I’ve said this before, if not here on Magic, but Fireworks Cruises are required to be over by the bridges between UK and France. To get literally anywhere else, boats would have to travel through a hot zone, which is a hot zone ~1 hr before and after showtime. Fireworks boats will not be in a different spot, even though it will afford them a worse view.

I never understood why Disney couldn't lower the stage and the backdrop to give a whole stadium a great view of the lake.

Well it would've obviously have had to have been built that way for them to do that. It's not a terrible idea though, but Disney could probably never justify the cost.
Of course they will ask an upcharge and will sell food and drinks like at Fantasmic. That would earn the cost for digging a hole and putting a hydraulic system system in it quite fast back and will keep on generating money after that. I worked for companies who use these systems on a smaller scale just to park 1 car underground and 1 on top of it. It's not that expensive.

Of course they will ask an upcharge and will sell food and drinks like at Fantasmic. That would earn the cost for digging a hole and putting a hydraulic system system in it quite fast back and will keep on generating money after that. I worked for companies who use these systems on a smaller scale just to park 1 car underground and 1 on top of it. It's not that expensive.
If they don't build that and still run the cupcake parties they get to keep all the money.

Disney will find a way to make it expensive.

If they don't build that and still run the cupcake parties they get to keep all the money.
Disney will find a way to make it expensive.

build a patio over the water? (wood heck a floating floor) I bet there are easy solutions, well easier than fixing the other issues at said park.

Eh, I know we do, but a lot of people won't actually care about being able to see the whole show. As long as they can hear the music and see the fireworks, I think many would rather be sitting down and eating during the fireworks than camping for some of the few great spots around the lagoon. Will they see reduced bookings though? Sure, probably a bit, but I wouldn't guess by much.

People keep saying fewer people are going to have a good view, but that's taking the assumption that you have to see the portal from straight on as if those images *are* the show as opposed to being complementary to what's being shown on the other 8 screens. Based on the size and quantity of barges, whatever is going to be shown there is going to be a lot more visible than the Illuminations globe.

I dunno, I'm just confused that the barge screens are inescapable all the way around the lagoon during the day but when it comes to the show it's like, barely anyone will have a view.

I wonder if Disney will see a drop in restaurant bookings on the water due to the obstructed view.
Technically they'll probably go up since they now operate a second (Morocco) of the three (UK being the first, Mexico being external).

Technically they'll probably go up since they now operate a second (Morocco) of the three (UK being the first, Mexico being external).
Restaurant Marakesh and Spice Road Table have never been popular, though. Spice Road wasn't filling up during Illuminations before. Of course Disney will probably make the menus more generic so they seem more appetizing to the common tourist who's afraid to try anything that they are unfamiliar with. Although at Disney's prices, it can be daunting to step out of your comfort zone since you are dropping so much money on the meals.