Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harmonious

Fair, but these are official images put out by Disney. They wouldn't have led with them if they didn't think they captured the show somewhat decently.
I wasn't aware about that. I was under the impression these barges would sink a bit lower (not as low as the boats in the AK show once did) but if this is what Disney wants it to look and think it's amazing they are...kind of diluted, but the general Disney fan has quite a low standard nowadays so they probably get away with it.

Plenty of Disney fans have been on Disney's case about the look of the barges during the daytime. There are always comments to that effect whenever Disney posts an update.

Comments from Imagineer Zach Riddley, the one apparently overseeing what’s happening in Epcot:

“This show will be one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for our Disney parks, inviting you to travel the globe through new interpretations of classic Disney songs as you’ve never heard them before - reimagined in more than a dozen languages by a diverse group of 240 artists from around the world.

That’s what EPCOT has and will always be about. This is a show that can only happen here.”

What has EPCOT (we’re capitalizing it again now, I guess?) always been about? Classic Disney songs sung in foreign languages? I guess I missed that part on the dedication plaque.

I really try not to pick on Imagineers, because by and large they’re just following the directives handed to them, but... come on.

Comments from Imagineer Zach Riddley, the one apparently overseeing what’s happening in Epcot:

“This show will be one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for our Disney parks, inviting you to travel the globe through new interpretations of classic Disney songs as you’ve never heard them before - reimagined in more than a dozen languages by a diverse group of 240 artists from around the world.

That’s what EPCOT has and will always be about. This is a show that can only happen here.”

What has EPCOT (we’re capitalizing it again now, I guess?) always been about? Classic Disney songs sung in foreign languages? I guess I missed that part on the dedication plaque.

I really try not to pick on Imagineers, because by and large they’re just following the directives handed to them, but... come on.
Is it still presented by Siemens? I hope it's presented by Siemens

New test images:
harmonious-preview.jpg

harmonious-preview-2-2000x1124.jpg

harmonious-epcot-preview-1.jpg

I like that they seem to mostly be displaying abstract interpretations of the scenes/music being played as opposed to direct cuts from the movies.

I will cautiously admit that it looks better than I was dreading (based on the glimpses in that video), and they're certainly working overtime to try to justify its place in Epcot (we'll see if that actually translates into the content of the show itself).

However, I haven't seen anything yet to make the compromised daytime view worth it.

I'm sorry, that's garbage.

The noise pollution alone is unacceptable, to say nothing of the pitiful fountains. If that's the finished product, I'd honestly prefer they left them off, which is an insane thing to say considering how much I dislike the industrial refinery look of the barges. But this look with the water jets accomplishes nothing other than draw more attention to them.

I know this has been talked about to oblivion, but I've now been to the park to see them (before the water). They're ugly, and the vids above make it look even worse b/c they're obviously trying to hide it slightly and failing spectacularly.

If they're going to continue to go the route of pretending this is a fountain, then at least utilize the giant LED screen to put on some "water falling footage" do it doesn't look so awkward.