Harmonious | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, it looks like they've been quietly removing the signs in the park which included any references of this being a daytime fountain.

If it's truly the case they're doing away with the idea of having a daytime fountain, that's probably for the best.

Based on what we saw of the testing, I think most of us pretty much knew the daytime fountains were going to look and sound absolutely awful, and would have compounded an already terrible set of aesthetic choices for the lagoon.

As such, I hope they're never turned on outside of showtime. Don't add further insult to injury. Let everyone see what passes for "on-stage" show quality at Epcot in 2021, and stand behind your new spectacular as being worth it.

We'll see if it is very shortly.

Reactions: shiekra38 and WAJAS
I think that maybe Disney, in an attempt to bring yet another IP into Epcot, watched "Meet The Robinsons" and liked the Helping Hats. Thus, the Helping Hats became Harmonious.

• Haha
Reactions: frank_1991_
So, it looks like they've been quietly removing the signs in the park which included any references of this being a daytime fountain.

If it's truly the case they're doing away with the idea of having a daytime fountain, that's probably for the best.

Ironically shooting water at an LED screen all day is found to increase wear and tear on said LED screen

I will say, I don't mind a permanent structure sitting in the lagoon...but, I wish it was a better design or something interesting to look at

Harmonious will be debuting on September 29th now according to Disney's calendar:
What was even the point of me making that Oct 1 reservation 6 months ago? Rat I got to do at previews. Harmonious starting early. Now it’s just a random busy Friday I’m still going for reasons unknown lol

I'll be there for the debut show tomorrow, so i'll give my thoughts on what it’s like in person specifically (as I know many of you might watch the livestream).

Reactions: belloq87
Watched the live stream.

I prefer Reflections of Earth, and I don’t think it justifies the gargantuan eyesores placed on the lagoon. Visually, it’s solid, but as a narrative, it’s basically just another choppy musical clips show.

It’s also surprising that so much of the program is performed in English, which kind of undercuts the only really unique selling point that was hyped for this. I didn’t find the new arrangements particularly compelling or moving, either.

Just finished watching the live stream. Ugh.

Now I will preface this by saying that when my wife and I watched the HEA live stream we didn’t care for it, then we saw it in person and LOVED it. However, this was a big giant dud for me. It already had several strikes against it:

1.It replaced what I consider the best firework show in terms of thematic fit with Illuminations.
2. The score of Illuminations is about as perfect as you can be.
3. those barges are giant, and ugly, and destroy the views around showcase lagoon so this had to be worth it.

Sadly, I think this is a giant miss. There was nothing here that they couldn’t have done with World of Color tech and hidden the platform during the day.

Second, there is NO story here. I mean they make an attempt at the end but this is no where near the Disney standard I’m used to in terms of story telling for a nighttime show. All this is, is a bunch of random Disney songs sung in different languages.

Third, the original song/score, that Disney usually uses to drive home the story and make the tears in the eyes start is trash. It evoked zero emotion from me. Compare that with HEA’s song that made me fight back tears every time I saw it.

I am so saddened that this was the show we got with those giant scoreboards destroying the views. I was hoping, so hoping that the show would be worth it. It’s not.

what-the-hell-was-that-smoking.gif

Reactions: Grabnar
I thought that was incredible!!! I loved it. I really love the use of different languages. My only critique is you can't see the main screen from most of the lagoon.

Reactions: snayberry
I thought that was incredible!!! I loved it. I really love the use of different languages. My only critique is you can't see the main screen from most of the lagoon.

So it’s great but only if you pay the money for the dessert parties.

I thought over all the show was flat and a dud. I always though illuminations lulled a bit in the middle but the beginning and end were spot on. This does nothing to grab you in the beginning, makes you feel nothing the whole way through and then leaves you on a meh.

Reactions: Jwhee and Mad Dog
The soundtrack is fantastic. Visuals stunning. Not boring unlike ROE.

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVED ROE, loved the score, the feeling it gave… but I also know it was not well rated among the majority of regular guests, and the 6 minute nap in the middle not well liked. It had some catchy tunes though! And I cried watching it on my last day at Epcot many years ago.

Does this new show have a clear story… no. It’s a world showcase, through the music of Disney. Does it need a clear story… not really.

I think perhaps some would feel better about it with a stronger narration.