HBO's The Last of Us | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HBO's The Last of Us

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm curious to know what the direction is for Tommie, as I didn't see Gabriel taking on that role. Maybe they're reverting Tommie's age specifically for this version?

Unfortunately, this show got delayed until 2023, but oh well. If you read the article below, they mention they are still filming in Canada.

Feel like there needs to be more footage, but Pedro already fits in like a glove for Joel.

Not sure on Bella.
Pedro certainly looks the part and no doubt will bring great acting to the show. Bella looks a bit too young almost, but i'll wait to see. If i'm not mistaken, that's Joel carrying Sarah out right as the outbreak is happening (at 0:16), which will definitely be in the first episode. I wonder how deep into the Joel/Sarah relationship they'll dive into or if it'll just happen in the opening scenes.

Also, I didn't know Nick Offerman was playing Bill, but that is absolute PERFECT casting.

Last edited:
That looks insanely good. Almost everything about it. Looks exactly like it should. Pedro Pascal already has me sold on Joel without saying a word. I have to say that the girl is not exactly giving me Ellie vibes quite yet for whatever reasons, but I have faith that as soon as I see her in the show, it'll seem exactly as it should.

When do we think this is coming out in 2023? House of the Dragon's teaser came out May 5th and the show premiered August 21. If The Last of Us follows that same timeline, we'd be looking somewhere around mid-January, basically when Peacemaker premiered this year.

That looks insanely good. Almost everything about it. Looks exactly like it should. Pedro Pascal already has me sold on Joel without saying a word. I have to say that the girl is not exactly giving me Ellie vibes quite yet for whatever reasons, but I have faith that as soon as I see her in the show, it'll seem exactly as it should.

When do we think this is coming out in 2023? House of the Dragon's teaser came out May 5th and the show premiered August 21. If The Last of Us follows that same timeline, we'd be looking somewhere around mid-January, basically when Peacemaker premiered this year.

I’m thinking we don’t see this start any earlier than February 19th. Unlike Peacemaker, this will be airing on HBO’s broadcast channel, meaning that counter-programming will be considered. The Super Bowl is February 12th, and I don’t think they’re going to want to lose some eyeballs against that.

Normally, I’d have said that HBO also have to worry about going up against The Oscars on March 12th. But since award shows are no longer the big draw they once were, I don’t think they’ll worry about that.

I’m thinking we don’t see this start any earlier than February 19th. Unlike Peacemaker, this will be airing on HBO’s broadcast channel, meaning that counter-programming will be considered. The Super Bowl is February 12th, and I don’t think they’re going to want to lose some eyeballs against that.

Normally, I’d have said that HBO also have to worry about going up against The Oscars on March 12th. But since award shows are no longer the big draw they once were, I don’t think they’ll worry about that.
I can buy mid February after the Super Bowl. They wouldn't have released a trailer this early if they were waiting until after the Oscars in mid-March so I think you're probably on point with the February date.

The casting is soooo perfect now that I’ve heard them speak finally. Pedro Pascal especially.

Also, this is a freaking amazing trailer.

Most hyped show, personally. I could never get into the games. Just a bit too slow for me. I did like the world it built and feel this story in this medium is something I could digest.

Reactions: Nick
Most hyped show, personally. I could never get into the games. Just a bit too slow for me. I did like the world it built and feel this story in this medium is something I could digest.
Yeah, I’m glad this got made into a show because it’s such a great story and I’ve always wanted to talk about it with some friends, but most of them don’t game too much and we’re never going to play a 20+ hour campaign.

So hyped. TLOU and Mando 3 back to back (and presumably Secret Invasion in there as well). Genre fans are gonna be eating good.

Critics got a chance to see the whole season and currently, the shows is sitting at a 96% on RT with 46 reviews as of now. Let's fast forward to Sunday because i'm SOOO ready for this!

Much more excited now, its pretty much across the broad this is a great adaption.

I have not seen the ending but I hope season 2 is a "new" story and isn't just last of us second game, that I hope they hold back for season 3.

Much more excited now, its pretty much across the broad this is a great adaption.

I have not seen the ending but I hope season 2 is a "new" story and isn't just last of us second game, that I hope they hold back for season 3.
I want them to fill in the gaps between TLOU 1 & 2 before getting to TLOU 2. And there's hints that early work on TLOU Part 3 is happening at Naughty Dog (Along with Uncharted 5), so there should hopefully be more to dig into after TLOU Part 2, which tbh, could be split into multiple seasons or do a season 4 that fills in the blanks between Part 2 and Part 3.

Hopefully by the time they would get to a season five (if they get that far), a new game will have recently released.

Reactions: Jerroddragon