HBO's The Last of Us | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HBO's The Last of Us

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I want them to fill in the gaps between TLOU 1 & 2 before getting to TLOU 2. And there's hints that early work on TLOU Part 3 is happening at Naughty Dog (Along with Uncharted 5), so there should hopefully be more to dig into after TLOU Part 2, which tbh, could be split into multiple seasons or do a season 4 that fills in the blanks between Part 2 and Part 3.

Hopefully by the time they would get to a season five (if they get that far), a new game will have recently released.
I just want the online, lol

I really hope I like it, I just want to play MP and really hope the scope of it doesn't hurt how great the first games online was.

Mainly I hope Last of Us gets a season 2 thats not in the game is also I want them to take advantage of the years the game ignored.

I just want the online, lol

I really hope I like it, I just want to play MP and really hope the scope of it doesn't hurt how great the first games online was.

Mainly I hope Last of Us gets a season 2 thats not in the game is also I want them to take advantage of the years the game ignored.
TLOU has some high caliber writers on this show and with the ending of the 2013 game (and presumably show) with the incoming tension that we see played out in TLOU 2 but we never get to actually see what that tension amounts to in terms of what is said and what is done in that time period after driving away from the hospital. It'd be a shame to not get the chance to see some of that if the show is successful.

Anecdotal evidence, but my brother doesn't play games at all and just the other day he was asking my mom if she saw that there was a show called The Last Of Us coming out since he was excited about it and it was up my mom's alley. My mom had already heard of it from a commercial and was looking forward to it. I think the general populace is going to fall in love with the show.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Update - TLOU up to 59 reviews and ticked UP to 97% and is now Certified Fresh.

Early word among those who got early screeners is that Episode 3 in particular is a banger.

Edited to add: Some of these runtimes are crazy.

Last edited:
Early word among those who got early screeners is that Episode 3 in particular is a banger.
I imagine the pilot is gonna smack a lot of people in the face as well, especially for the majority watching that haven't played the game. Do we know how many episode that there are?

9 episodes.
I want to say Episode 3 is probably going to be somewhere around Bill's Town/Epic amount of clickers and Bloater battle at the High School. Although I guess it does matter how many episodes it will take them to get to the Boston City Hall to meet the fireflies and if they drag that out or not.

Having never played this game, I’m excited. I don’t mind blood and gore and violence, I just pray this isn’t A Quiet Place and scares the shiz out of me.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Having never played this game, I’m excited. I don’t mind blood and gore and violence, I just pray this isn’t A Quiet Place and scares the shiz out of me.
Reviews are saying the show will go entire episodes without zombies. It’s very much a character exploration more than a zombie show.

What an amazing start so far! The beginning of the outbreak scene and its buildup was so well done and very similar to the games. I cannot wait for the 2nd episode!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamesh22
10/10

This felt like the book version and the game felt like the movie. This show lets you see "deleted" scenes/extending scenes from the games and is allowing side characters much more screen time so you can like them

Can't wait for Bill's Episode and the one in the snow...both are going to be close to master pieces is this is just episode one

(let it be know...I love this and give major props to everyone who worked on this.....so score one for something I loved for all those who I'm always negative)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick
Holy crap what a great and faithful adaptation. I don't want to jump the gun, but I think so far it may be 1 for 1 one of the most faithful adaptations in a long time, certainly most faithful of a video game property ever (this makes up for Uncharted...). I had the stupidest grin on my face the whole time finally getting to watch scenes virtually played out shot for shot and line for line in many places. I know what's going to happen but I just want more so bad because the casting and script is so good.

Off the top of my head, I wouldn't choose these people to play these roles, either. None of them. But Pedro embodies Joel so well. Gabriel Luna sounds just like Tommy and is a perfect fit next to Pedro Pascal as his brother. I wouldn't have chosen Bella Ramsey to be Ellie either as she doesn't look like Ellie much, but she 100% IS Ellie. She acts the character perfectly and sounds like you'd expect Ellie to act and sound like. Merle Dandridge as Marlene was perfect as she played the character in the game and Anna Torv has been doing great as Tess so far.

This show has so much promise based on how high quality this episode was, I just hope it gets the viewership needed for a renewal (you never know these days with how Zaslav is running things...) and we can at least get Part 1 & Part 2 in TV format at minimum if not more.

This show is appointment television and i'm glad it's at HBO where it actually gets a timed release to literally be appointment television each week. This is what Netflix seems to not get. Why blow your load with Stranger Things (for example) all at once when you could do appointment viewing of the show each week and leave the audience wanting more? For instance, the next season of Wednesday will be released all at once when in reality, it *should* be released weekly. But I digress.

This was me the whole episode:

10/10

This felt like the book version and the game felt like the movie. This show lets you see "deleted" scenes/extending scenes from the games and is allowing side characters much more screen time so you can like them

Can't wait for Bill's Episode and the one in the snow...both are going to be close to master pieces is this is just episode one
And Nick Offerman playing Bill. Are you kidding me with that god tier casting? Can't wait. Probably Episode 3 based on where this leaves off.

Holy poop what a great and faithful adaptation, I had the stupidest grin on my face the whole time finally getting to watch scenes virtually played out shot for shot and line for line in many places. I know what's going to happen but I just want more so bad because the casting and script is so good.

Off the top of my head, I wouldn't choose these people to play these roles, either. None of them. But Pedro embodies Joel so well. Gabriel Luna sounds just like Tommy and is a perfect fit next to Pedro Pascal as his brother. I wouldn't have chosen Bella Ramsey to be Ellie either as she doesn't look like Ellie much, but she 100% IS Ellie. She acts the character perfectly and sounds like you'd expect Ellie to act and sound like. Merle Dandridge as Marlene was perfect as she played the character in the game and Anna Torv has been doing great as Tess so far.

This show has so much promise based on how high quality this episode was, I just hope it gets the viewership needed for a renewal (you never know these days with how Zaslav is running things...) and we can at least get Part 1 & Part 2 in TV format at minimum if not more.

This show is appointment television and i'm glad it's at HBO where it actually gets a timed release to literally be appointment television each week. This is what Netflix seems to not get. Why blow your load with Stranger Things (for example) all at once when you could do appointment viewing of the show each week and leave the audience wanting more? For instance, the next season of Wednesday will be released all at once when in reality, it *should* be released weekly. But I digress.

This was me the whole episode:

And Nick Offerman playing Bill. Are you kidding me with that god tier casting? Can't wait. Probably Episode 3 based on where this leaves off.

Then Episode should be
The brothers episodes
..which I'm also very excited for

Last edited:
Then Episode should be
The brothers episodes
..which I'm also very excited for
Yup... for @Allison and whoever else may not have played the game though lets try to hold back from talking about spoilers. We may know how the story generally plays out, but i'd hate to have had my first time playing this game spoiled so i'm going to try to restrain myself and I suggest others should as well as a courtesy.

If we are going to mention spoilers from the game for things coming up or that you just want to talk about, you still can, just make sure to put it in a spoiler tag.

Last edited:
Yup... for @Allison and whoever else may not have played the game though lets try to hold back from talking about spoilers. We may know how the story generally plays out, but i'd hate to have had my first time playing this game spoiled so i'm going to try to restrain myself and I suggest others should as well as a courtesy.

If we are going to mention spoilers from the game for things coming up or that you just want to talk about, you still can, just make sure to put it in a spoiler tag.
I made the that part spoilers tag on it...but your quote still has the spoiler on it if you want to remove it from your quote

Good advice, want everyone to get to enjoy this fresh

Reactions: Nick
I made the that part spoilers tag on it...but your quote still has the spoiler on it if you want to remove it from your quote

Good advice, want everyone to get to enjoy this fresh
I'll fix it.

I'm sort of envious of those of you going in blind. I'd love to be able to wipe my mind of the game and just watch this not knowing what was about to come next. I've played the game through, off the top of my head, at least six times since release in 2013 so I know the story like the back of my hand. I don't know the Part 2 story quite as well as i've played that I believe twice. That game is a long one.