HHN 2022: Terror Tram featuring Us & Nope | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2022: Terror Tram featuring Us & Nope

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't know whether to put this in the Tips thread, but how long is the Terror Tram? I'll be going for the first time on opening night with Express and super excited about walking the NOPE set. Might want to do it twice and worried about it cutting into my time at the event!

Fair to assume it will take 30 minutes minimum to complete the tram route once you are on board the tram. Could be longer if there are delays are tram pickup (and sometime, there are). But budget at least half an hour plus the wait time.

I don't know whether to put this in the Tips thread, but how long is the Terror Tram? I'll be going for the first time on opening night with Express and super excited about walking the NOPE set. Might want to do it twice and worried about it cutting into my time at the event!
Yeah Terror Tram is a big time commitment. From the moment your tram leaves the loading area to the time your tram stops and unloads, we're looking at 45 min to an hour. That's not even factoring in the line for wanting a pic in front of the Psycho house.

Unless you really, really want to do the tram again, I would say just savor the tram as much as you can and maximize your express privileges. Bear in mind the tram closes early, so plan accordingly! I think on Thursdays and Sundays the tram closes as early as 10:30. The rest of the nights are 11:30.

EDIT: I missed Clive's post, but basically what he said. I would still budget your time for a 45 minute experience from the time your tram leave to it coming back.

Reactions: Eckert
Does anyone have any insight to how tram drop off and pick up will now happen? Because if you use the old pathway, the tram path and the path of guests going to JC would intersect.

And really, without too much more of a walk, once you exit JP, you can just be at the CG area... so maybe no tram pick ups at all, just drop offs?

Does anyone have any insight to how tram drop off and pick up will now happen? Because if you use the old pathway, the tram path and the path of guests going to JC would intersect.

And really, without too much more of a walk, once you exit JP, you can just be at the CG area... so maybe no tram pick ups at all, just drop offs?
I remember seeing John tweet something about the photo op at the end of the tram so I’m sure they’d re still using the tram to pick you up and take you back to the station.

They could have the drop off trams stop before Kirk Douglas Drive. All they would have to do is take that past Falls Lake, go around the backside of the Supercharged building and then they'd be at the end of Jupiter's Claim. That is just a guess looking at the map, but I'd have to imagine the pickup route will be something like that. The walk from Jupiter's Claim to the Curious George mazes wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but if you were going back into Hogsmeade that would be miserable.

Reactions: JS610
I don't have an issue with talking its the time that would upset me....that would make the tram at least an hour with walking back time. Thats my only issue, so hopefully they can pick you up and get you back to the parks quicker

Something tells me this is going to be a good one. If we can get a good tram video too, they would really knock it out of the park, in my eyes.

Reactions: Clive
Something tells me this is going to be a good one. If we can get a good tram video too, they would really knock it out of the park, in my eyes.
Even though it still bothers me that Us and Nope seem like kinda an afterthought, giving the tram a cohesive halloweenish feel definitely seems like a step up from the last time we saw Harry on the tram.

I’m really getting 2016 vibes.
2016 was the one year where the Tram actually looked pretty good, but out of the several times I've done the tram that year, I only got to see the Tram properly once. That's because they had ops randomly have people go around the entire trail that was built and go on the bare-bones dirt path. The first runthrough of the tram I got, the op had me go the other way right when the group in front of me got to go. This happened to me every single time I've done the Tram that year and only got to see the whole thing once and even that time, the Op told me to go the other way and I had to lie to the op that I was with the group in front of me. The op started to yell at "SIR YOU HAVE TO GO THIS WAY SIR! SIIIRR!!!" and I just shook my head and kept going. I know doing that kind of thing is frowned upon, but I was getting sick of getting shafted with the tram and wanted to see it period. There was only so many nights left at the time.

Needless to say I was so frustrated by the bad experience and poor planning. When I finally got to see it the way it was intended, it was hindered from the bad experience. I hope they don't do is randomly force people to take the "alternate path" that goes around all of the stuff. You shouldn't have to have a luck of the draw just to see it the way it was intended. That's pathetic.

That being said, if it's anything like 2016's tram, it should be great. They just better not have an "alternate path" like 2016 did.
Even though it still bothers me that Us and Nope seem like kinda an afterthought, giving the tram a cohesive halloweenish feel definitely seems like a step up from the last time we saw Harry on the tram.
Eh, I don't think it's a big deal to me. To me, the tram is the tram. When the core experience (Meaning from the Psycho sets to WotW) is cohesive, that's all I care about. I see this as a nice bonus at the end.

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
Decided to try my hand in getting PNG's in place, so Terror Tram is quite the simple one to do.
Terror_Tram_PNG_copy.PNG

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I keep hearing that Terror Tram feels short from people. It's like, the longest it's ever been since they got rid of the hill. I wonder what it is about the experience that feels so lackluster that it feels shorter?

I keep hearing that Terror Tram feels short from people. It's like, the longest it's ever been since they got rid of the hill. I wonder what it is about the experience that feels so lackluster that it feels shorter?
I mean last time I went on it, it had the hill so its hard to compare.

I think its a good length but the shortcut up the hill is empty besides the house photo op

I think the length is fine. The addition of Nope/Us is really great. I think it is probably one of the better years for TT.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Tbh I think it's just the feeling that there arent as many actors as there once were. Granted, I have no idea if thats actually true, but the cast does seem kind of sparse compared to say the walking dead or purge days, or even klowntasm. Even though the walk is technically the longest we've had in a while, there isn't enough action going on for it to register to people.

Reactions: JS610
Tbh I think it's just the feeling that there arent as many actors as there once were. Granted, I have no idea if thats actually true, but the cast does seem kind of sparse compared to say the walking dead or purge days, or even klowntasm. Even though the walk is technically the longest we've had in a while, there isn't enough action going on for it to register to people.
This was my thought as well, it doesn't feel as action packed.

I would love to see a Black Cat Alley original house ore even a zone. Those masks were really cool and I haven't seen werecats at any haunt Ive been to tbh.
They made me feel awk. It was off putting. Don't know how to quite put it, but I wasn't scared by them -- more perplexed. A zone for sure, a maze would be....odd, for me at least.

Question ever since I did the tram:

On the upper lot of the tram escalator, I SWEAR I kept hearing some clicking noise SFX. By any chance was that supposed to be Jean Jacket in regards to the NOPE section?