Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

I saw on Twitter that today was Run, TWD, and Asylum for AM and FvJ, M&M, and BC for PM. Looks like PM is the way I am going if this holds true.

I'm going to be very disappointed if Insidious isn't one of the featured houses. It's easy to see why AWIL and Purge are being left out. I'm surprised to see Asylum as one of the choices considering that I was told in 2013 that 3D houses tend to be disappointing with the lights on because they need the blacklight to pop.

EDIT - Disaster queue houses tend to get skipped too.

Last edited:
I'm going to be very disappointed if Insidious isn't one of the featured houses. It's easy to see why AWIL and Purge are being left out. I'm surprised to see Asylum as one of the choices considering that I was told in 2013 that 3D houses tend to be disappointing with the lights on because they need the blacklight to pop.

EDIT - Disaster queue houses tend to get skipped too.

My bad.......here is the tweet I saw.......

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So, seems the morning UTH tour is Insidious, RUN, and TWD, meaning the other one is most likely M&amp;M, FvJ, BC, &amp; also the way better one. LOL</p>&mdash; Peter Mangiafreno (@Laughingplace56) <a href="">September 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm sad that there is no Insidious. I'm doing the double tour next week and I'm glad I'll get RUN explained a bit better, but not sure I understand the point of touring Asylum...

I saw on Twitter that today was Run, TWD, and Asylum for AM and FvJ, M&M, and BC for PM. Looks like PM is the way I am going if this holds true.

I was told by guest services AND by the Universal tour department that the houses are in a rotation each day, bioreconstruct on Twitter also said that on the first day, the tour group wasn't told what houses they would see, they didn't even know the house they were headed to until they got to the house. So apparently there's no true way of knowing. I'm doing the AM tour on the 24th and will report back.

There is a huge difference in those two tours. I would be super disappointed to get TWD and Asylum. Especially with the other being Mayhem and BC. Hopefully we get lucky

I was mistaken, Insidious is NOT on the tour. They just went by the facade. So the houses are M&M, FvJ, Body Collectors, RUN, Asylum, and TWD.

Rotating which tour sees which houses is annoying if you can only afford to see one tour. I don't want to see TWD, Asylum or RUN, so if I were to get that tour, I'd be pissed.

I can't believe next Sunday, the 27th, isn't one of the Premier Pass ticket dates either. How dumb is that? Every single other Sunday is a part of it.

Starting to think that Guest Services and Tour department is full of you know what. Same tours today...first group did Run, TWD and Asylum. What a crummy tour compared to the afternoon. I switched to the PM tour. I feel like if they tell people which houses are on the AM tour no one would want to do it unless they were doing the combo tour which may be the reason for the "it's random/there's a rotation/we can't confirm" spiel I've heard from 3 employees now.

It sounds as if A&D isn't sure what house they might want to modify, fix or rehearse in on any morning. It makes sense to me that they can change any day of the week.

Oh agreed, they don't want to set it in stone, but for the most part, the lineup for AM tours is Run/TWD/Asylum and PM is M&M/FVJ/Body Collectors, but they don't want to guarantee it in case they have to work in the house. Same thing happened to me in 2013, we definitely wanted to do AWIL and Cabin In The Woods for the tour, and everyone who had done the PM tour said that was the one to do for those houses, but Guest Services nor anyone else would confirm it. I just think, like it you said, it's to play it safe.

I did the morning only tour on Saturday, out of the 15 people only 2 other people have been on the tour before including me. I had tour guide Pete and the 3 houses in order was TWD, Run, and 25th Anniversary. I do not know where people are getting that Asylum was in the morning portion as we did not see that house?

I did the morning only tour on Saturday, out of the 15 people only 2 other people have been on the tour before including me. I had tour guide Pete and the 3 houses in order was TWD, Run, and 25th Anniversary. I do not know where people are getting that Asylum was in the morning portion as we did not see that house?

I had the opposite tour where we did the reverse order. According to our guide, it will change daily. The day before the AM Tour was Insidious, Run, and TWD and one of the other AM tours apparently had Asylum. The guide said that the only one that is "off-limits" is going to be the Purge, which was expected - but also if you did a tour later in the event, we may be subject to doing a repeat house or 2 if the day calls for it.

I voiced a concern with our guide telling him that I get why there is a fluid schedule, but seems unfair to people who may wanna split up tours over the course of 2 days. 6-7 hours for 1 tour is a lot for some people to get through, and some may wanna split up days due to finances as well.

Also, The Walking Dead should not be featured on the tour. :lol:

Personal feelings of the house aside, it's been featured for 3 years beforehand and a good chunk of UTH tour participants are those who are hardcore fans (who obviously are tired of TWD). The tour group moaned yesterday when they said it was going to be TWD as one the houses. My suggestion is if you're going to have TWD, have it as a separate tour for the show's fans or people who want to see it. Charge $35 for the 1 house and leave the other 7 for the regular UTH tour.

I'm mad about this stupid rotation. I'm doing the PM tour and really want to do M&M. I hate that Universal is using this format this year, it was way better when we knew which houses would be featured to better plan our tour. I'm basically planning my entire tour around M&M and it just sucks not having a definite answer. Poor move Universal.

Yeah I really don't like the uncertainty surrounding this. We are going to be going on PM Saturday, but if we get the bad group of houses I will be really disappointed. Of course I would be even more upset if, like Brian said, I was someone who split the tours between 2 days and got a repeat tour.

I can't believe next Sunday, the 27th, isn't one of the Premier Pass ticket dates either. How dumb is that? Every single other Sunday is a part of it.
Call guest service, This thursday is not on the list but when I call they say i am good... They will not email me a confirmation, but I was told to mention Celeste (the lady i spoke to) if any problems come up. She stated that the free passes state that ALL Sunday-Thursday nights are valid.

Call guest service, This thursday is not on the list but when I call they say i am good... They will not email me a confirmation, but I was told to mention Celeste (the lady i spoke to) if any problems come up. She stated that the free passes state that ALL Sunday-Thursday nights are valid.

I called Guest Services to see if it can be used this Sunday. I was told no that it was not a valid date and that the next available date it could be used is October 1st.

My friend has called Guest Services the past few weeks and has been getting conflicting information. She also has the name of a representative she spoke to. I really don't get it but I just wouldn't go against what the website says and I don't want to go to travel to Orlando to play He Said/She Said with Guest Services and start off on a bad foot.

So it's like a box of chocolates? That's pretty annoying, with the amount of money your spending to do this, suprises aren't really wanted lol. Btw does anybody have any pics up from it? Would love to see anything run related