Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 25: When are You Going?

I'll be there opening weekend and then multiple nights over the course of the event. Gonna try to make it out at least 10 nights.

Goal is to do 100 combined passes through the houses this year.

I'll be there opening weekend and then multiple nights over the course of the event. Gonna try to make it out at least 10 nights.

Wow, I only did 75 with 22 nights last year. Of course there were quite a few times I just popped in for an hour or two.

I only got to go 7 nights last year & I ended up with 51 times with 9 B&T & 3 RHTS. So this year i'm committed to at least 15 dates of the event so i'm joining Hate in shooting for triple digits as well(& double for B&T)

I managed 11 nights last year. I went a few times by myself and most of the trips were with the same person, so we kinda just hit everything really quickly and were able to do plenty of repeats a night. I did 130 houses, 7 B&T, 3 RHPS, and some rides on a few nights I went with friends who hadn't been to USF during the day before.

I'm attending opening weekend, closing Thurs-Sun, and most Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays in between. I actually have the opposite goal of Hate and Owen. This year I hope to meet up with some more people from here/Twitter/etc. and enjoy the event at a slightly more relaxed pace, instead of hauling ass to house after house all night.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still slide right past 100 houses no problem, and repeat the best house a BUNCH of times, but the final number won't be something I really care about at the end of the day. Either way, the event's gonna be amazing and I can't wait for it!

For fun, my house counts from last year were 25 for Dollhouse, 20 FDTD, 17 Roanoke (literally only because we got to go through house virtually alone everytime cuz it NEVER had a long line before 7 or 8 on busy nights), 17 Giggles, 16 AvP, 16 Halloween, 15 Drac, 10 TWD.
All without Express too, btw.

So I am new to the forums. I'm looking to book a trip to stay at the Hard Rock hotel and do three nights of HHN for my girlfriends birthday Sept. 25-27th. Would that be a good time to go?

2nd weekend is one of the slower weekends, so I'd say yes.

We went last year near the end of October and it was pretty packed. Will there still be a good amount of people you think? I just wouldn't want it to be pretty empty either. I'm thinking of doing one of the tours too since we never did.

I've also always booked the whole package together through Universal but it came out to $1800 this time. So I was playing around to do everything separate and it came out to $1500. Got three nights at Hard Rock with the FL resident discount, three day park to park hopper FL discount and two rush of fear express passes. The total of me doing everything separate is going to save me $300 bucks. Will Diagon Alley still be open during the day on those dates? Thanks a lot for helping me out.

We went last year near the end of October and it was pretty packed. Will there still be a good amount of people you think? I just wouldn't want it to be pretty empty either. I'm thinking of doing one of the tours too since we never did.

I've also always booked the whole package together through Universal but it came out to $1800 this time. So I was playing around to do everything separate and it came out to $1500. Got three nights at Hard Rock with the FL resident discount, three day park to park hopper FL discount and two rush of fear express passes. The total of me doing everything separate is going to save me $300 bucks. Will Diagon Alley still be open during the day on those dates? Thanks a lot for helping me out.

It won't be dead. Those days are pretty much done. It'll have manageable waits. If you went near the end of Oct last year, sounds like you went during Hell Week, which is the busiest time of the event.

And yes, Diagon will be open. :thumbsup:

It won't be dead. Those days are pretty much done. It'll have manageable waits. If you went near the end of Oct last year, sounds like you went during Hell Week, which is the busiest time of the event.

And yes, Diagon will be open. :thumbsup:

Awesome, you're the best! Any advice if I should do any of the tours? What I also see the sales rep tried doing was charging me express for each night at HHN instead of giving me the solid one rush of fear express which includes express all of the nights you go using the rush of fear pass.

Awesome, you're the best! Any advice if I should do any of the tours? What I also see the sales rep tried doing was charging me express for each night at HHN instead of giving me the solid one rush of fear express which includes express all of the nights you go using the rush of fear pass.

Yes! Absolutely. The tours are great.

If you love HHN and/or horror movies in general, you should definitely do the Unmasking the Horror tour. My recommendation for that is to go to the event for a night or two, then do the tour and then do another couple of nights after.

If you love HHN and/or horror movies in general, you should definitely do the Unmasking the Horror tour. My recommendation for that is to go to the event for a night or two, then do the tour and then do another couple of nights after.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to book for the the Unmasking The Horror Tour for sure for my girlfriends birthday.

Updated :thumbsup:

And welcome to OU, snayberry! Hope you have an awesome trip! :cheers: I also highly recommend the Unmasking the Horror tours. I did the tour back in 2010 and really enjoyed it. I'll be doing both tours this year. I'm pretty excited!